1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Do I have to quote the Bible when sharing the gospel?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Guido, Sep 3, 2021.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just make a list of all of the verses in that video. That would be a good start.

2. 1689Dave

1689Dave Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Bible NT did not exist until long after the gospre preaching began. These were certainly saved and Baptized.

3. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    BINGO!!

15 but sanctify in your hearts Christ as Lord: being ready always to give answer to every man that asketh you a reason concerning the hope that is in you, yet with meekness and fear: 1 Pet 3

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No. The quote from 1Corinthians refers the “foolishness” of Jesus Christ and Him crucified. To Gentiles, foolishness that God would be crucified. Crucifixion was the death penalty primarily for rebellious slaves. To Jews, a stumbling block because “cursed is the man that hangs on a tree”. How can their Messiah be cursed of God.

The “wisdom of the world” rejects such doctrine, but God was well pleased to save those who believe the message preached.

peace to you

#24 canadyjd, Sep 13, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2021
  5. Guido

Guido Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    https://link.medium.com/R2QbvimMmlb

Here is my little sermon on the gospel, which no one reads, and which no one likes, and which brought salvation to no one, as I, the weakest of writers in the world, rendered it worse than this sentence, which, I say because of my urge, doesn't seem so bad, not like my sermon, which is awful.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Keith Mullins

Keith Mullins Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    If one must quote scripture for a person to be saved, which version must he quote from? Can one become saved by reading a paraphrased version? Must it be a direct translation? If so, from which manuscripts? Can a person believe in Christ with only the OT?

7. Judith

Judith Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    To your question; "Can one be saved when believing the gospel even if they don't hear a Bible verse?"

Simple short answer, Absolutely not. The reason is one cannot believe what they have never heard.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    The New Birth saves those beyond the reach of the gospel. Infants, imbeciles. “Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons: But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.” Acts 10:34–35 (KJV 1900) Only the born again can do this.

Jesus says; ““He who is of God hears the words of God; for this reason you do not hear them, because you are not of God.”” John 8:47 (NASB)

9. Judith

Judith Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am not sure I understand your response. Are you saying people get saved who never hear the gospel?

10. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes. The new birth is salvation but without it, you cannot recognize Christ or hear the gospel in truth. We preach the gospel and people believe and repent because they are saved. You are not saved because you believe and repent. This is works salvation.

11. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The gospel is not shared.
    It is faithfully proclaimed.
    What you say in part is determined by how you understand the work of The Spirit in allowing a person to welcome truth.
    Do the best you can but seek to present the person and work of Jesus.
    Use solid portions of scripture.
    The Spirit quickened the word to those who heard....He does not quicken jokes and stories.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Judith

Judith Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is silly. You have people getting saved that have never heard of Jesus Christ and that is false. Romans 10:14How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

• Agree Agree x 1