1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Do Mormon Martyrs go to Heaven?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Steven Yeadon, Oct 2, 2017.

1. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This issue of Catholicism is a red herring because you said that this thread was about Mormon "martyrs" but you cannot name any of such Mormons or give specific examples of what you are talking about. Nothing personal, but I think that you took Mormonism at their word that Joe Smith was a martyr because they are trying to make you look away from his record of theft (his bank in Kirkland, OH), his time in prison in MO, and his gunfight in Carthage, IL after being arrested for sexual perversion in violation of marriage law against polygamy as well as his violation of Mosaic Law concerning marriage to sisters and to mother-daughters and his arrest for destroying the printing press of the newspaper that published the details of his depravity. This thread gives too much respect to Mormonism. Even Sherlock Holmes has a story about Mormon criminality in Utah--A Study in Scarlet.

A Study in Scarlet by Arthur Conan Doyle

2. Steven Yeadon

Steven Yeadon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have quoted my first post and I have bolded the relevant parts to this discussion.

Yes, I did draw a direct parallel to a number of false religions claiming to be Christians on top of Mormonism.

The real point of this thread is whether false teachers and their false flocks go to heaven. I stated that in the first post.

I have interacted with many Mormons and Roman Catholics and Seventh Day Adventists and I can attest that to me false teachers just seem like false teachers. I am in no way trying to exalt the founders of the Mormon religion, but was just trying to create a thread title that I thought would include the most obvious example of all false Christian religions.

3. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You forgot to give a specific example of a Mormon martyr when you wrote this thread, and, in truth, there probably is not one because Mormons like to persecute Christians since the 19th century. I just hope that you did not take Mormon propaganda at face value.

4. Steven Yeadon

Steven Yeadon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Having met so many Mormons, I must say that I have been distorted a little when I started this thread. I view Mormonism's founders as a bunch of criminal lunatics, and modern Mormonism is very cult-like. However, that is obviously still too nice when your solid examples are given of why Mormonism's founders are wretched. Really I thank you for correcting my view point with cold hard facts about the wicked leaders of Mormonism.

5. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't believe any Mormon goes to heaven.

6. Katarina Von Bora

Katarina Von Bora Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mormons are polytheists. Look up the word 'Kolob'.

Nevertheless, name-calling is not productive.

Just for fun.

#46 Katarina Von Bora, Oct 8, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Bro. James

Bro. James Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mormon martyrs: Joseph Smith Jr., founder of LDS and Brother Hyrum died in a shootout at a jail in Carthage, Illinois. They were reportedly incarcerated for treason. A lot of the details depend on whose account you read. For sure, they became martyrs for the 15 million Mormons on the planet today.

Whether or not they went to heaven where Jesus the Christ has His blood before the altar, we do not know. God knows them that are His. Joseph Smith Jr. is either a true prophet or a false prophet. If true, we should all be Mormon. If false, there are millions of deceived souls who follow him.

Interesting: there are actually two groups of Mormons which came from Joseph Smith: The Brigham Young group (LDS) in Salt Lake City and the group which decended from Joseph Smith Jr's family which is in Independence, Missouri. This group is known as: Community of Christ. They recently sold a printer's copy of the Book of Mormon to the Salt Lake City group for $35M. This is more assets for Deseret??

Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

Bro. James

#47 Bro. James, Oct 10, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
  8. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They can and well only if they reject that Joseph Smith determines if they can get in!There is only ONE mediator between God and man, and ole Joseph was not it!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think that there are more than two splinter groups of Mormons. Mormons try to claim Joe Smith as a martyr but he was convicted of digging holes in New York State for buried treasure and then leaving open pits. In Kirkland, Ohio, he started a bank which took dollars and issued script. Needless to say, Joe spent the dollars and left town when the people with script asked for their money back. In Missouri, Joe did time in jail and the Mormons agreed to leave Missouri--hence some of the splinter groups left behind. In Illinois, Joe had a printing press and a newspaper office tore up when it printed news about the almost 40 wives that Joe had, including a couple of sets of sisters and a couple of sets of mother-daughters, both of which are forbidden by Leviticus. Some of the wives were wives of other men--often Joe would send a guy on a mission far away and then start sleeping with the guy's wife. Joe had a gun in jail in Carthage and if he had had enough ammo, he would have shot his way to freedom. Joe is about as much a martyr as O.J.

10. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I cant believe this thread has had as many posts as it does.

11. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What is your take on it?

12. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Unfortunately Mormons go to Hell.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Katarina Von Bora

Katarina Von Bora Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's refreshing to see straight talk.

14. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The good news here is that there will be some who were once that, but came to know the true Jesus and got saved by grace of God!

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Bro. James

Bro. James Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Church membership and salvation are mutually exclusive, contrary to the Council of Trent. This sort of negates the concept of universal church. One could be baptized in every religion in the world and still be bound for hell in spite of a fortune in indulgences and fortune cookies. Jesus paid it all.

Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

Bro. James

16. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

No one can go to heaven who rejects the true God (Jn. 17:3) at the supposed time of their conversion. True, one may not hold to any view of the true nature of God or be ignorant of the precise nature of God at conversion and must be taught. However, if at the time of conversion they hold to a perverted view of God and continue in that perverted view, they were not saved and they cannot be saved as long as they retain that perverted view as that is idolatry. Mormons believe in "As man is God was and as God is man shall become." Like Hindu's they believe in many gods.

Moreover, no one can go to heaven without understanding the basic truths of the gospel which is the basis for true repentance and faith. The truth is not found in using correct Biblical terms but in defining those terms according to Biblical meaning. True, God can save a person in any denomination by faith in the simple gospel truth because that simple truth is revealed to them by the Spirit in the act of salvation. However, if at their conversion there is no revelation of the simple truth of the gospel and there is no change from their perverted view of the gospel, then they were not saved and cannot be saved.

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. Rebel1

Rebel1 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you speaking for God?

18. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, that is what the scriptures teach, for they have another jesus that cannot save!

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No morman goes to heaven.

20. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They can, IF they have the real Jesus to save them and not the fake one of Joseph Smith!