1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Do you believe the US will avoid boots on the ground in Iraq?

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by righteousdude2, Aug 14, 2014.

?
  1. Yes, no boots on the ground...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No, we will send in troops before this is over....

4 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So let me get this straight. Lets have a little exercise. You would prefer a situation in which the U.S. embassy is about to get overrun by IS. Obama should should just say, "sorry guys I'd love to help but you know I said we were not going to go boots on the ground so, good luck."

I've explained multiple times that the statement was in reference to supplying a ground combat unit to support the air strikes and go on the offensive against the IS. I think everybody should know that right now the plan is to have the Kurds do the heavy lifting on the ground. Yes we have troops on the ground providing the services I described in my previous posts but they were not sent there to be a land owning maneuver combat force against IS or to support the Kurds in their fight. They are there to to secure the U.S. embassy. That was the context of the question and of the anwer. I think you know this but it seems to be more important that you dig your heels in.

2. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We already have it straight.

Obama lies. You defend him.

How much straighter does it need to be?

3. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Whatever. All I care about is that the correct action is taken. You can go back to your gnashing of teeth and hysterical conspiracy theories. I can't imagine what it must be like to live like that.

4. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If I may....are you saying that Obama is lying about his intention of not putting combat troops in Iraq? That the advisors and other soldiers that he put in there--at the embassy, to Sinjar mountain--are just a precursor to combat troops? That he already knows he's going to do this, but is lying when he says he has no intention of doing this?

In other words, what is Obama lying about (this time)?

5. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    LOL conspiracy theories???

Are you delusional? Where is the conspiracy.

One thing I already know about you is that you resort to insults and useless flailing about when you are frustrated. Conspiracy theories. :laugh:

Indeed. :laugh:

Get used to it. You're going to be frustrated a lot.

Correct action? According to who? Do we have a new final arbiter of what is correct action and what is not?

Yep. You're going to be throwing insults and flailing about a lot.

6. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We already have combat troops in Iraq. They weren't a precursor. They are additional.

7. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well that is what is funny. If you look at a map of Iraq, the Soldiers that were deployed to protect the embassy back in June are on the other side of the country in relation to Sinjar. Not exactly an invasion force.

Thanks for trying to reach an understanding though.

8. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What was the incorrect action then? I'll let you be the arbitrator here. What course of action would have suited you? Let the Yazidi die? Leave the embassy to fend for themselves? (Hello Benghazi) Aiding the Yazidi and protecting our embassy are incorrect actions? I have no words. None.

#28 Use of Time, Aug 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2014
  9. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Like I said. Obama lies when the truth will work just fine. Like now.

I'll let you decide what is "correct". You've already set yourself up to do that.

Funny though. According to the latest reports, the Yazidi don't really need rescuing. Ain't that a hoot.

He won't let the embassy fend for themselves unless they're running guns out of there to known terrorists. (Hello Benghazi)

10. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So, the embassy is gunrunning to terrorist cells? How interesting. I would love to read about it. A link if you would be so kind.

Also, no the Yazidi don't need rescuing becuase 400,000 of them have already been displaced! Oh yeah the IS are no longer encircling them either so that is kind of a bonus. Of course we wouldn't have known any of this had we not gone to see for ourselves. But I'm sure you knew that. Anything else counselor.

#30 Use of Time, Aug 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2014
  11. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :laugh: Are you so rattled that you've lost the ability to read?

My oh my:rolleyes:

Why would I provide a link for something I didn't say?

12. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "He won't let the embassy fend for themselves unless they're running guns out of there to known terrorists."

Qualify that statement for me. Support that statement with something I can actually read about it. I'll wait.

13. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Unless" is invisible, I suppose.

Are you one of those that has to have jokes explained to them?

14. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A comedian you are not. It is just another carpro derailment act. Anything else you want to throw against the wall.

15. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Certainly am. But I also read about it.

Read more here: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2014/08/13/236394/us-advisers-pay-first-visit-to.html#storylink=cpy

They say there are only about 3000 there. Quite a difference.

I especially like the quote "did not engage in combat operations". Those guys are really insecure. Weren't asked, but had to say it. Wouldn't have been necessary if they hadn't made such a big deal out of the "boots on the ground" lie.

I'll be so glad when adults are in charge of the white house again. But who knows when that will be?

16. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Officials: Pentagon considering rescue mission for Iraqis trapped on mountain

The Pentagon sent additional military planners to Iraq on Tuesday to figure out a way to rescue and relocate the tens of thousands of religious minorities trapped on a mountain by Islamic militants, senior U.S. officials said.

A senior U.S. official told Fox News that 130 military personnel have arrived in Irbil for the job.

The troops will work with State Department officials and USAID to develop plans to help the Yazidi people, a religious minority displaced on Sinjar Mountain.

Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel formally announced the deployment in remarks to Marines at Camp Pendleton, California.

"This is not a combat boots on the ground kind of operation," Hagel said.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...escue-mission-for-iraqis-trapped-on-mountain/

17. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you sir :thumbs:

18. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The underlying lie was the 0bam@ lie about the war in Iraq and his promises to end it. Instead he has proven himself wrong and is in the process of restarting the war to compensate for his abrupt and unsuccessful ending of the war. To say that humanitarian concerns motivate 0bam@ is absurd when it is clear that he is reacting to liberal public opinion only.

And Susan Rice needs to leave public service and try to work for a living. Everyone is tired of her lies, too.