1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Does God Choose Man or Does Man Choose God - Part 2

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by AustinC, Jul 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AustinC

AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are the one stuck on Calvin. I haven't read any of his works. Instead, I am stuck on Sola Scriptura.

2. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    Look at the whole chapter, in context, and you will see. The adoption has already happened, but we do not yet have our glorified bodies. That will come later. It's right in the text.

3. Barry Johnson

Barry Johnson Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You even ended that statement with a certain flavour . Most folks that have drifted into reformed theology ( calvernism or arminism) have done so unwittingly.

4. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have my own experience to convince me the calvinist stuff is wrong. God didn't reach out & grab me; I came to Jesus on my own.

Faith comes by hearing, & hearing by the word of God. Hearing about WHOM OR WHAT? Why, JESUS, of course !

He stood at my "door" & knocked, as he said he would, but I had to "get up" & let Him in! He did NOT kick my "door" open, as he did Paul's.

The most-famous verse in the Bible was spoken by Jesus. And he said, "whoever", NOT "whoever if elect".

Yes, God DOES pre-select some, especially those whom He's selected for special service, but everyone else must come to Him on their own volition. If everyone is already predestinated, no matter what, why have Bibles, churches, etc? Why worship at all ?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. atpollard

atpollard Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why is it you have no trouble spelling Calvin, but are incapable of correctly spelling Calvinist? Perhaps you should stick with “Reformed” or “Particular Baptist” in place of “Calvinist”.

There are no “Calvernists” except in your imagination.

6. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Several times in Scripture, people asked either Jesus or an apostle, "What must I do to be saved?", & not once was it ever answered, "That depends upon your predestination." Jesus didn't even hint at such hooey.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Barry Johnson

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think even if I spelt kalverknist you should still know what I mean .

• Like Like x 1
  8. atpollard

Faith:
    Baptist
    What I think is that you deliberately misspell “Calvinist” as a sign of your disrespect and utter contempt for those that think differently. Just like Stalin and the BLM movement and the Rainbow Coalition activists that spew vitriol at those that dare to question the “party line”.

For a secular humanistic “hater”, that is just a leopard refusing to change its spots. For a professing Christian, that is more like a dog returning to its vomit. You should not be behaving like that.

That is what I think you mean.

9. Barry Johnson

Faith:
    Baptist
    Or I genuinely keep forgetting to change auto spell after the first incorrect spelling of Calvernist ( calvinist ) I did this earlier with the word gosoel ( gospel )

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. atpollard

Faith:
    Baptist
    [Jhn 6:42-45 NASB] 42 They were saying, "Is not this Jesus, the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know? How does He now say, 'I have come down out of heaven'?" 43 Jesus answered and said to them, "Do not grumble among yourselves. 44 "No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up on the last day. 45 "It is written in the prophets, 'AND THEY SHALL ALL BE TAUGHT OF GOD.' Everyone who has heard and learned from the Father, comes to Me.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Barry Johnson

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't hate calvinism ..its just wrong . Not just slightly wrong either . literally not one of its points are scriptural which is astounding considering how popular it is .

• Like Like x 1
  12. Barry Johnson

Faith:
    Baptist
    To Jews who were the sheep already learning from the Father in the old testament sense . it says they CAN come .

13. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yep, the Bible and God the Holy Spirit opened up to us and showed us God's full and authoritative Sovereignty. I'm sorry you have your eyes closed. I cannot force you to open them, Barry.

14. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wow, a whole bunch of non-supported assertions from outside of scripture. Suit yourself.

15. Barry Johnson

Faith:
    Baptist
    God does though , if your the chosen!!!, chosen !! chosen ! chosen ...obviously God ordains some believers to not see Calvinism as biblical and deny it for his sovereign purpose and glory .

16. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    Barry knows scripture supports our theological position. All he has is silly poking at his disposal. I find it funny. It's like watching a dog chase its tail.

17. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    LOL, yet you cannot provide biblical support for your assertion. You make me chuckle, Barry.

18. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you hate God for being the Ruler who is has authority to choose?
    Please tell God how you feel about his authority. We'll sit back and listen to your infantile ranting.

19. Barry Johnson

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm waiting . I haven't seen one verse that supports calvinism yet . One not taken out of context that is .

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. Barry Johnson

Faith:
    Baptist
    I love the God that chooses to save anyone who freely chooses of his own freewill to believe the Gospel .

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.