1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Does God learn? Reframed Question.

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by MorseOp, Jul 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MorseOp

MorseOp New Member

Zaac, I honestly want to give webdog the benefit of the doubt. He is a good debater. He is informed and well written. He is good with the one-liners and zingers; indispensable for theological message boards! I do not doubt that he does not understand the depths of God's omniscience. But when 2000 years of church history is pretty much agreed on this issue it should cause you to consider whether your personal position is worth hanging on to. And when both Calvinists and Arminians are agreed on it, well, it is worth stopping the presses.

2. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Sort of like, well He is but then He isn't!:laugh::laugh:

3. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

No, kind of like Jesus is God...Jesus is man. They cannot be separated as we see being done here. If upholding the hypostatic union as being a mystery and truth places me in the minority in holding this view for the past 2000 years...all praise be to God in not allowing me to blindly follow the crowd in smearing the uniqueness of my Savior!

4. OldRegular

Winman it is people like you who attempt to make God in their own image. You seem to prefer a weak wimpy god who will conform to your notions. Furthermore, if you believe in open theism, and some of your remarks imply you do, then you do not believe the God of the Bible!

5. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

:laugh: I can't help but laugh because I find myself going what next? How on earth do people witness to other people about these new gods they keep creating? It just seems like the more some folks try to ascribe human limitations to God, the more difficult...if not impossible it becomes to witness that this God is capable of saving anyone because he starts to sound just like another person.

6. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

...says the one holding to two salvations.

7. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Perhaps it would be better to stop trying so hard to be different just to be different.

What kind of god has to learn? Some of y'all serve an awfully small god.

8. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

New gods? We are discussing the True God, the God of the Bible...not the god we can disassemble and reassemble however we wish to make apparent contradictions, mysteries and paradoxes fit our puny mold of what we can understand God to be and what God MUST be to our dust begotten brains.

9. OldRegular

I don't believe anyone has denied the hypostatic union. However, as Chalcedon states and I have argued:

10. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Questioning the salvation of board members is against forum rules. Before trying to explain to me the unexplainable, familiarize yourself with something as trivial as BB rules before trying to feed me meat.

11. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

You conveniently didn't highlight "without division and without separation". Wonder why... :rolleyes:

12. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Huh? :confused:

13. OldRegular

Speak for yourself webdog. I hold to one salvation: I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day. I must assume that to be true for all who participate on this Forum.

14. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Yet another denial of scripture ...over and over again:type: This is like the BB groundhog day

15. OldRegular

Just to provoke you!

16. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The verse winman quotes from hebrews 2 ....does not relate to this thread,except to reveal that he lacks understanding.
    He took on the seed of Abraham is a text teaching particular redemption:thumbsup:

17. OldRegular

Not only confusing Amy G., but weird, to say the least! But that is :( webdog!

18. Winman

Winman Active Member

First of all, Adam and Eve could be tempted just like us. Their nature was no different than ours.

Adam did not have God's nature, because God cannot be tempted.

Jam 1:13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:

A person can attempt to tempt God, but it will have no effect upon him, he has no internal lust or desire that would tempt him to do evil.

Jesus on the other hand had the same nature we have. He was actually tempted to sin just as we are. The scriptures say he "suffered" being tempted.

Heb 2:16 For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.
    17 Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.
    18 For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted.

When Jesus fasted 40 days, the scriptures say he was very hungry. He felt this hunger, he wanted to eat. This is why the devil tempted him to turn stones into bread. Jesus had the same infirmity or weakness of flesh that pulls and tugs on us. God does not get hungry, he could not be tempted like this.

Heb 4:15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

The scriptures say Jesus was tempted in ALL POINTS as we are. He felt the same pull and tug of the flesh that we feel, yet he never sinned. God does not feel the tug and pull of the flesh.

Adam and Eve were no different than us, the three lusts of the flesh are described in her temptation.

Gen 3:6 And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.

Eve saw that the tree was good for food. This is the lust of the flesh or the appetite. We get hungry when we see good food, this is what Eve felt.

Eve saw the tree was pleasant to the eyes. We are all attracted to beauty, many a man has fallen into sin because he saw a beautiful woman and desired her.

Eve saw the tree would make her wise, this is the pride of life. We all want to be intelligent, often we want to be smarter than our fellow man so we can boast or feel proud.

Now, did Eve feel these temptations before the fall or after? BEFORE! Adam and Eve were always flesh and could always be tempted. They were no different than we are today.

The curse was on the ground, everything began to grow old and decay. Animals who cannot sin died, even non-living things grow old, rust and decay, stars burn out, etc... This was the curse. There is not one word concerning man's moral nature being affected by the curse, you can't show it here or anywhere in all of scripture.

The curse was actually a good thing, for if man lived forever as a sinner he would simply become more and more corrupt. It is because we know we will die and face judgment that we repent and trust Christ. If we lived forever, I doubt any man would turn from sin and trust Christ.

So, Adam and Eve were always flesh, yet they were very good, because they had never sinned. It is when a man sins he becomes a sinner.

Jesus received his flesh from his mother Mary and could be tempted. God is a spirit and cannot be tempted. Jesus had the same nature as Abraham and was tempted in all points as we are, yet he never sinned.

#58 Winman, Jul 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2012
  19. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    This as posted is a denial of the character and attributes of the biblical God,sorry to say:confused::confused: But carry on by all means...it has not stopped you before:thumbsup:

another heresy here;

20. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

If your god is not omniscient, then your god is no different than the one the Mormons created or the ones the Jehovah's Witnesses created.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.