1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Does God Love the Seed of the Serpent?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Iconoclast, Apr 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    And once again I did not say anything that you just posted about.
    I said nothing about baptists who deny the work of the Spirit
    I will post when I get online where we can have plenty of time to.post clearly

2. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    My comment is that the Holy Spirit works in the lives of believers. The Holy Spirit guides believers in their understanding of Scripture.

This is why I am saying that you need to begin study with prayer. The "meat" of the gospel is not something that can be reached apart from the work of the Spirit in the lives of each believer. It is not a bunch of doctrines that lead to more doctrines. It is the work of God.

Don't discount the Holy Spirit in the life of the believer or in spiritual understanding. The Father and Son sent the Spirit as a "Helper" - not just to guide the Apostles in what to write but to guide us.

The Holy Spirit guides us to all spiritual truth. We cannot claim to have arrived at spiritual truth in any other way. Even Peter's confession of Christ was of the Spirit.

3. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes. Very happy.

Plus I admitted I was wrong when you thought I wouldn't. That was almost as good as the salt rub you told me about :Biggrin .... except for the admitting I had made an error in my reply part :( .

4. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread is closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.