Does God Ordain Everything That Takes Place?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by SavedByGrace, Feb 25, 2022.

1. agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    @Silverhair

Perhaps you present “very good” as perfect?

I don’t think at this point that it is the same.

Besides, I didn’t present that at creation God made Adam sinful, but that sin was lurking.

If it wasn’t, then when did Lucifer come into the garden?

2. agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not at all what I posted.

You inserted word(s) I did not post to make it present what was not posted.

That isn’t good for you to do.

3. agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Perhaps it would be better that that be your assigned task.

Why not start again, and this time quote my post, accurately.

4. Silverhair Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist

God hath decreed in himself, from all eternity, by the most wise and holy counsel of His own will, freely and unchangeably, all things, whatsoever comes to pass;

1 yet so as thereby is God neither the author of sin

If you cannot see the clear contradiction between these two statements then you have a obvious comprehension problem.
    Clearly you are more concerned about upholding Calvinism than the bible.
    Place your Calvinism on the shelf and just trust the bible. Your goal seems to be to make people Calvinists whereas mine is to show them the way to be Christians.

5. Silverhair Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    So when you say that sin was lurking in Adam who was made in the image of God then where did the lurking sin come from?

6. agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Did I post “sin was lurking in Adam?”

7. DaveXR650 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I understand your position. It's just that the more you lean to Calvinistic thinking the more you tend to think that our will is so impaired that we just won't ever tend to make the right choice. I mean there are verses that say we are so bad off that we are spiritually dead, not just impaired. We pray for unsaved friends that God would "open their eyes" or "soften their hearts" or "bring them under conviction". Are we not saying by that that there is more to this than leaving it to a person to make the right choice. Most Baptists believe that once you decide to get saved you are always going to be kept by God no matter what. Why then can't we accept the possibility that God can act on the front end too and grab us in the first place.

8. Silverhair Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I do not deny the fall but then again I do not add to it what the bible does not say or what the bible shows. Adam was and we are spiritually separated from God. But When you read the bible without a preconceived view you will see that man has been given many good faith offers by God. Look at the number of times that we see If / Then offers. Now either God was being honest in the offer or He was being deceptive. You decide, does this show the ability to make real choices or not. I think you know where I stand on this issue.

9. Mikey Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yep, all he could do was to mock them.

SBG hasn't been able to counter anything that has been brought up. This is the second thread (because he continually starts threads on the same topic) which i have asked sbg to respond to the same statements, and he still hasn't.

10. Silverhair Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why do you slander me by saying that I am an Open Theist. Would you like me to call you a non bible believing Calvinist.
    You do not like the idea that anyone would dare question your misunderstanding of scripture. Your errors have been pointed out to you many times but you respond like a child with a ya but type comment. And then you wonder why people put you on ignore.

11. agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    @Silverhair

I am waiting for a response concerning a post you made in which you claimed I posted what I did not present.

Have you looked back and seen your error?

12. Silverhair Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No I just present "very good" as very good just as the bible has it. But I do have a question for you. Since God made Lucifer where did the sin that was found in him come from?

13. DaveXR650 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I know this is going to sound like I'm being a smart aleck but the offer is genuine and whether it be a Bible verse or a sermon or a warning from a friend sharing the gospel - if it turns out that the person gets saved then those offers were the means for it to happen. Remember, when a Calvinist talks about someone being "unable" to choose Christ the inability is moral in nature. In other words the person "can't " come to Christ only because he won't. Moral inability is just as deadly as physical inability if it keeps you from believing in Christ but in reality it's a case where if anything God is respecting your sovereign will. If God were to say "all you have to do is leap over the church" then you could claim God was unjust if you can't do it. But if our natural tendency is to reject God because we want to then that kind of inability is our fault, not God's.

14. agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What does the Bible say?

15. Silverhair Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Took me a bit to find the original post. My bad I miss read your post. But it does bring up another question, where did the sin come from. Lucifer was made by God so you would think no sin, right. So did God give him the sin nature or did Lucifer have a God given free will?

16. Silverhair Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    God is sovereign over His sovereignty which means He can do as He pleases. Like give man a real free will. You say that God is sovereign and then you limit what He can do.

There is neither a logical nor biblical reason why a sovereign God by His own sovereign choice could not allow and give creatures made in His image the real moral freedom to make real moral choices.

You keep claiming that I am something that I have told you more than once that I am not so this just shows that you are acting like a troll. You really a trying to deal with so it is best if I just ignore you.

17. Silverhair Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you not think that a loving God would provide the means of finding Him since we are told to seek Him. The Holy Spirit convicts us and creation shows us that there is a creator so if God does this do you really think that He would then make it impossible for someone to trust in Him for salvation. God has said that He seeks us and this is true but what He does not do is force anyone to love Him.

Dave you think that Calvinism is the best answer but I do not. I trusted in God long before I had ever heard of either Calvinism or Arminianism and I am glad that I did. My faith was shaped by the bible not what some man said about the bible.

18. Silverhair Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your the one that said sin was lurking there so my question for you is where do that lurking sin come from? Surely you can answer that can't you?

19. agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is purely speculation on my part, for humans were made a bit lower then angels. Me a great amount less!

Humans tend to think and construct reasoning using what little capacity that we have, and we also tend to put that which pertains to the Spiritual forces and rules in human concepts. This can lead to some very wrong conceptions, and more often one is better to agree with Scriptures and move on.

For example, when arguing with Lucifer over the body of Moses, we read that the God’s Angel could not rely upon his own authority but said, “the Lord rebuke you.” So the command structure of God’s creation is not as we might consider, but perhaps beyond any human understanding.

In Daniel we read how an angel was prevented from coming to Daniel for some time, by Lucifer or at least his comrade(s).

Because Lucifer was made by God, and had the greatest authority second only to God, then I doubt that God did not give him decision making ability along with untold power over all God’s creation. An earthly example might be like Joseph in Potipher’s house.

One may speculate about the ability and authority of Lucifer, such as some say he cannot be in two places at once as God can, but that isn’t found in Scriptures, and our only weapon is the Word of God.

The Scriptures present that the human will is corrupt with the desires of earthly matters. That there is a bondage of the human will to that of slavery. So, in truth humans have no pure freedom of the will, but can choose that which is good at best.

Therefore, I would imagine that Lucifer, as the kingdom holder of which he showed example to the Christ, has as evil and depraved will as a being could have, for did not Christ say of those religious righteous, “You are of your father, the devil.”

It is certainly seen in the revelations just the kind of show Lucifer can put on.

20. DaveXR650 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think it's probably the best answer. As far as I can tell from any post I've ever seen you put on here there is nothing wrong with your faith. I personally think these issues are secondary and enjoy the conversation.