1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Does the day of Christ resurrection tell us to worship on Sunday?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Hobie, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But a very compelling one!

2. Noah Hirsch

Noah Hirsch Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Scripture clearly teaches that under the new covenant there are no distinctions of days.

“having blotted out the bond written in ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us: and he hath taken it out that way, nailing it to the cross; having despoiled the principalities and the powers, he made a show of them openly, triumphing over them in it. Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of a feast day or a new moon or a sabbath day: which are a shadow of the things to come; but the body is Christ's.” (Colossians 2:14-17 ASV)

“One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let each man be fully assured in his own mind. He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord: and he that eateth, eateth unto the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, unto the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks. For none of us liveth to himself, and none dieth to himself. For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; or whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's. For to this end Christ died and lived again, that he might be Lord of both the dead and the living.” (Romans 14:5-9 ASV)

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    for every female cult leader you name i can give you 3 males.
    Brigham Young, Father Divine, David Koresh,,,

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Holy of Holies has been opened by Jesus when He tore the veil.
    We can enter boldly anytime. we can rest in Jesus 24/7

JESUS IS THE SABBATH, THE REST OF GOD.

Matthew 11
    28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
    29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
    30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

This is the sabbath rest you must keep or suffer the wrath of GOD.

Hebrews 4
    9 There remaineth therefore a rest (Greek - sabbatismos) to the people of God.
    10 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.
    11 Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Alofa Atu

Alofa Atu Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You cited:

Matthew 11:28 KJB - Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.​

The verse you have cited, is Matthew 11:28, wherein Jesus is directly citing Exodus 33:14, which is in the context of God going with them, as Moses had asked, right before He (God) spake the Ten Commandments, see Exodus 33:12-23, 34:1-9, 20:5-6:

Exodus 33:14 KJB - And he said, My presence shall go with thee, and I will give thee rest.​

I see where Jesus (the Son of the Father) in both places said, "I will give thee (you) rest."

I do not read anywhere in those two texts, wherein it states that Jesus is my (or your, or anyone's) sabbath.

Does the Bible teach the sabbath is a day of rest or a person?

The rest is from sin, for in Christ Jesus is no sin (1 John 3:4).

6. Alofa Atu

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Hebrews 3-4 (among many others; John 14:15; Exodus 20:6; Isaiah 56:1,8; John 10:16; Isaiah 56:2-7, Acts 4:24, 14:15; Revelation 10:6, 14:6-7, &c).

Hebrews 3-4 is clear.

Hebrews 4:3, "my (God's) rest" and "the works were finished from the foundation of the world", which is a direct reference to Genesis 2:1-3. It even uses the word "finished". God rested the 7th day in Genesis 2:1-3. It is His rest, the 7th day, the sabbath (rest) of the LORD thy God, Exodus 20:8-11.

Hebrews 4:4, "he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works", which "certain place" is Genesis 2:1-3; re-cited in Exodus 20:8-11. The 7th day the sabbath (rest) of the LORD thy God.

Hebrews 4:5, "my (God's) rest)", citing Psalms 95, which is citing Genesis 2:1-3; Exodus 20:8-11, etc. Again, this is the 7th day the sabbath (rest) of God at Creation in Genesis 2:1-3.

Hebrews 4:6, "remaineth", from when? "from the foundation of the world" as per Hebrews 4:3 and thus it is not new, but has been around from the beginning.

Hebrews 4:9, "rest", sabbatismos, literally and truly sabbath keeping in scripture and in all known extant Greek sources, dictionaries, and so on and again "remaineth".

Hebrews 4:10, "his (God's) rest", which is the 7th day the sabbath (rest) of the LORD thy God from Genesis 2:1-3., "as God did from his (works)", which "works were finished from the foundation of the world" as per Hebrews 4:3.

Hebrews 4:11, "that rest" (ie God's rest), the 7th day the sabbath (rest) of the LORD thy God.

“... ANOTHER of Mr. _______ statements that he sets forth as one of his "unanswerable propositions" is that "every one of the ten commandments is expressly reaffirmed in the New Testament except the Sabbath law, and there is not a syllable in our whole New Testament suggesting that the Sabbath is binding on the Christian." And "the one commandment upon which the Seventh-day people lay all their emphasis is neither by explicit statement nor hint said to be binding upon Christians in any verse in the New Testament." {May 30, 1899 ATJ, ARSH 344.1}

From this statement made and repeated it is evident that there are, in the New Testament, at least nearly two whole chapters which Mr. _______ has read to very little purpose. Indeed, it would seem that he had not read them at all; but the fact that he has been for years one of the leading Bible teachers of the whole country, renders it hardly possible that he has not read the New Testament through. Yet for such a prominent Bible teacher to make and repeat such a statement as that, betrays a lack of knowledge of the New Testament, that surely presents not a very promising prospect to a Bible school for Christian workers. {May 30, 1899 ATJ, ARSH 344.2}

The two chapters to which we refer are the third and fourth of Hebrews. It is the literal truth that the greater part of these two chapters is a treatise upon the true Sabbath of the seventh day, its true meaning, and its true observance; and it is all addressed TO CHRISTIANS. That Mr. _______ has not yet found this portion of the New Testament is nothing against the fact of its being there. It is there, and it is a great spiritual truth; for the Sabbath is spiritual, and spiritual things are only spiritually discerned. {May 30, 1899 ATJ, ARSH 344.3}

Sabbath is rest. The Sabbath of the Lord is the rest of the Lord. And the Sabbath day of the Lord is the rest day of the Lord. The word of the Lord is, "The seventh day is the Sabbath [the rest] of the Lord thy God." It is not man's rest, it is God's rest. And so it is written. "In six days the Lord made heaven and earth, . . . and rested the seventh day." Ex. 20:11. "And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made." Gen. 2:2. And "he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise. And God did rest the seventh day from all his works. And in this place again, If they shall enter into my rest." Heb. 4:4, 5. Thus in Hebrews 4 the subject is the same precisely as in Gen. 2:2, 3, and in Ex. 20:8-11, the fourth commandment; that subject is the Sabbath of the Lord, God's rest of the seventh day, and being addressed directly to Christians, and in the New Testament, too, is definite instruction to Christians as to the true Christian observance of the Sabbath of the Lord, the seventh day. And this subject in the fourth chapter of Hebrews is simply the continuation of the same subject from the third chapter of Hebrews; and that subject is God's rest of the seventh day. This shows that the Sabbath of the seventh day, the Sabbath of the fourth commandment, and its observance, is distinctly treated in the greater part of at least two chapters in the New Testament, and is there addressed directly to Christians. Brother _______ has not yet learned this. We are telling it to him just now. {May 30, 1899 ATJ, ARSH 344.4}

Now, remembering what Friend _______ asked of each reader,—that he "go to God in prayer and covenant with him that he will stand upon what the word of God teaches whether it agrees with his previous notions or not,"—come, let us study the third and fourth chapters of Hebrews, and see what is there taught in the word of God. {May 30, 1899 ATJ, ARSH 344.5} ...” - The Advent Review and Sabbath Herald, vol. 76 May 30, 1899, page 344 par. 1- par. 5 [name withheld, to now apply to general audiences]

7. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    2 Corinthians 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Alofa Atu

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Yes, I truly agree. Even more than you do, for I know what it means by "righteousness of God in him". It means we are "bought" (Leviticus 25:51; 1 Peter 1:18-19) to be "brought" (Leviticus 25:55; 1 Peter 3:18) back to sinlessness (Romans 8:4; Jude 1:24; 1 John 2:6; Luke 4:14-21; 1 John 3:4) by the power of the indwelling of Christ Jesus, by the Holy Ghost.

Rom_5:19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

See Psalms 119:142,151,172.​

9. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There are two sabbaths, one points to the other - the beggarly sabbath which points to the heavenly Sabbath.
    there is the rest of GOD from His creation which is the beggarly sabbath a shadow of the true Sabbath - the finished WORK of salvation by Jesus Christ (God come in the flesh) on the cross and the Sabbath rest He provides from our own works FROM which we must cease or be the objects of THE WRATH OF GOD.

This is the mystery of the Sabbath, revealed to the human race.

Colossians 1:27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.

to be "in Christ" is to be in the true Sabbath.

#69 HankD, Mar 28, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  10. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is good.

No matter your reasoning you cannot know this, you cannot look into my heart to make the comparison - only GOD.

this kind of comparison is unwise anyway

2 Corinthians 10:12 For we dare not make ourselves of the number, or compare ourselves with some that commend themselves: but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Alofa Atu

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    It's simple. I can know something of the heart, notice:

Actions:

Mat_7:20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.​

Words:

Matthew 12:34; Luke 6:45 - "... for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh."

Pro_4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

Mat_12:37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.​

Though I cannot read your heart, I can read the actions and lips, and thus know somewhat of what is therein, and I do not judge by my own standard, but by God's:

1Jn_2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.​

12. Alofa Atu

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You are mistaken. The Law of God is never a "shadow", but is always "light" -

Psa_119:105 NUN. Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Pro_6:23 For the commandment is a lamp; and the law is light; and reproofs of instruction are the way of life:

Isa_8:20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.​

A "Remember" is a memorial (pointing to past), not a type (pointing to future).

The Law of God is riches, never beggarly.

Psa_119:72 The law of thy mouth is better unto me than thousands of gold and silver.

Psa 19:7 The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple.
    Psa 19:8 The statutes of the LORD are right, rejoicing the heart: the commandment of the LORD is pure, enlightening the eyes.
    Psa 19:9 The fear of the LORD is clean, enduring for ever: the judgments of the LORD are true and righteous altogether.
    Psa 19:10 More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.​

13. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    yes there are well over 600 commandments and Jesus said we should keep ALL of them even THE LEAST OF THEM.
    BTW I mentioned the law of Shanetz wherein we may not wear a blended fabric,or grow a garden with more than one kind of vegetable and many many more regulations (haircuts, bathing, etc, etc...) which apparently even sabbath keepers ignore.

Leviticus 19:19 Ye shall keep my statutes. Thou shalt not let thy cattle gender with a diverse kind: thou shalt not sow thy field with mingled seed: neither shall a garment mingled of linen and woollen come upon thee.

i have dozens more i would like to discuss but usually people make a hasty exit because you are correct No oNE KEEPS THEM but they usually squirm their way out with a verbal acrobatic of an explanation as to why they dont keep one law but pride themselves because they keep another.

The sabbath especially has some very intricate things required from the SCRIPTURE and NOT just TRADITION if you would like to discuss them.

for instance we are required to kill those who violate the sabbath and we are all required to participate.

if you are a sabbath keeper can we discuss this practice. the scripture is unclear about children and this commandment - how young is the youngest in your assembly that has been stoned to death for violating the sabbath - assuming you are a sabbath keeper.

Numbers 15
    32 And while the children of Israel were in the wilderness, they found a man that gathered sticks upon the sabbath day.
    33 And they that found him gathering sticks brought him unto Moses and Aaron, and unto all the congregation.
    34 And they put him in ward, because it was not declared what should be done to him.
    35 And the LORD said unto Moses, The man shall be surely put to death: all the congregation shall stone him with stones without the camp.
    36 And all the congregation brought him without the camp, and stoned him with stones, and he died; as the LORD commanded Moses.

14. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    not always - metaphorically the mosaic law covenant is a lesser light than the New Covenant of grace.

Hebrews 10:1 For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You want to see the real Sabbath keepers in action? Go see how the Hasidic Jews live. They keep the Sabbath and all the other 600 plus actions that are required under the OT.

This is where you SDA's have no credibility - you claim to be a sabbath keeper because of God's command in the OT, then ignore everything else that is also required to make man acceptable to God. Christians were freed from all that nonsense and a new day of worship was established to recognize the new reality.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Alofa Atu

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    As I have stated, so-called 'Jews' (Sephardic and Ashkenazic) cannot actually keep the Sabbath holy, as they reject the Lord (Jesus) of the Sabbath.

17. Alofa Atu

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You are mistaken, again. Hebrew 10:1 refers not to the Ten Commandments, but the law of priesthood/sanctuary services. (see the entire context, see verse 8, "offered by the law" (Ten Commandments say nothing of physical sacrifice)). See also Hebrews 7:11-12.

18. Alofa Atu

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    We do not ignore at all. We understand them according to 1 Cor. 10:11, and 1 Cor 15:46. We understand type to antitype. And when you would like an explanation, please ask.
    Judaism 101: A List of the 613 Mitzvot (Commandments)

Ok. I know how some like ordered lists, so hear goes:

[1.] To begin with, there is not a single place in all the TaNaKh, neither the portion thereof, the Torah (Gen-Deut) where God, Moses, Joshua, or any person of heaven above, or on this earth below, state on biblical record that there are exactly '613' 'mitzvot'. For the New Testament minded (Matt-Rev), the same applies also. Again, absent. Jesus, as a final example (for the New Testament minded), did not once enumerate the 'mitzvot' of the Torah for us in such fashion, to '613' or any other such number.

[2.] The enumeration of '613' is a Rabbincal, yea even after a Talmudical, fashioning or calculation or enumeration. No one has to take my word for this, it is said as much on the very site so kindly provided to us (it has been provided so many times, I lost count):

"... Below is a list of the 613 mitzvot (commandments). It is based primarily on the list compiled by Rambam in the Mishneh Torah, but I have consulted other sources as well. As I said in the page on halakhah, Rambam's list is probably the most widely accepted list, but it is not the only one. The order is my own, as are the explanations of how some rules are derived from some biblical passages. ..." - Judaism 101: A List of the 613 Mitzvot (Commandments)

As a side note:

The RaMBaM (whom I have read on numerous occasions, with others, such as RaMBaN, Pirke, etc) is actually, Ra(bbi) M(oses) Ba(ni) M(aimon), aka Maimonides, of the 12th cent Morocco & Egypt (during the Almoravid (Muslim) empire, and died under the Ayyubid sultanate) - Link

[3.] RaMBaM's listing isn't the only one. There are other listings, by other Rabbis, all several thousand years removed from Moses or Joshua, and the website provided demonstrates the accuracy of this point.

[4.] RaMBaM's order of listing isn't the only one. There are other orderings, by other Rabbis and persons non-Rabbi (scholars, etc), and again, the very website provided, demonstrates this by stating it out as matters of fact, and in personal ordered listing preferred instead to RaMBaM's (example 2 orders at least on the face of it).

[5.] RaMBaM's explanation for the listing and ordering thereof is not the only one. There are explanations, just as there are other listings and orderings by other Rabbis, etc. (generally, not exclusively, following after RaMBaM, (thus post 12th cent), possible just more easily accessible)

[6.] The '613' number is for some calculated on Gematraic principles, with differing reasons or starting points by differing Rabbis, and for this reason, some disagree that it should be said number, for instance:

"... I disagree there are 613 Mitzvot because the explanation for the number is based on gematria, however the gematria of the Torah is not Standard ( Long preview of 'The Genesis Wheel: & other hermeneutical essays'. ). Instead of the letters Shin and Tav having the value of 300 and 400, they are valued at 3 and 4, and using this most secret gematria the number of Mitzvot would be 217 (31 × 7). However 613 is discovered with this gematria in the opening verses of Genesis so it is still a very significant gematria number.

We first get the idea of 613 mitzvot from Rabbi Simlai:

From Makkot 24a:

"דרש רבי שמלאי שש מאות ושלש עשרה מצות נאמרו לו למשה שלש מאות וששים וחמש לאוין כמנין ימות החמה ומאתים וארבעים ושמונה עשה כנגד איבריו של אדם אמר רב המנונא מאי קרא (דברים לג, ד) תורה צוה לנו משה מורשה תורה בגימטריא שית מאה וחד סרי הוי אנכי ולא יהיה לך מפי הגבורה שמענום

§ Rabbi Simlai taught: There were 613 mitzvot stated to Moses in the Torah, consisting of 365 prohibitions corresponding to the number of days in the solar year, and 248 positive mitzvot corresponding to the number of a person’s limbs. Rav Hamnuna said: What is the verse that alludes to this? It is written: “Moses commanded to us the Torah, an inheritance of the congregation of Jacob” (Deuteronomy 34:4). The word Torah, in terms of its numerical value [gimatriyya], is 611, the number of mitzvot that were received and taught by Moses our teacher. In addition, there are two mitzvot: “I am the Lord your God” and: “You shall have no other gods” (Exodus 20:2, 3), the first two of the Ten Commandments, that we heard from the mouth of the Almighty, for a total of 613."[1]

However the word תורה is valued at 215; Tav:4 + Vav:6 + Resh:200 + Heh:5 = 215. So if we add the two for the first two commandments the people heard at Sinai: 215 + 2 = 217.

Regarding the number of צִיצִית which is supposed to equal the number of Mitzvot:

Rashi "וזכרתם את כל מצות ה'. שֶׁמִּנְיַן גִּימַטְרִיָּא שֶׁל צִיצִית שֵׁשׁ מֵאוֹת, וּשְׁמוֹנָה חוּטִין וַחֲמִשָּׁה קְשָׁרִים הֲרֵי תרי"ג (תנחומא): You will remember all of Adonoy’s commandments. As the numerical value of צִיצִית is 600, and the eight threads and five knots equal 613."[2]

צִיצִית = 204

plus 8 threads and 5 knots = 217.

You can check the sums on this gematria calculator which uses the correct gematria of the Torah; Shematria

Vilna Gaon in Orot Hagra also disagreed that 613 was the correct number, saying;

It definitely cannot be said that only 613, and no more, come under the category of mitzvot. For if so, there are only three mitzvot from Berei**** until Bo, and many portions of the Torah contain no mitzvot. That is not plausible… The mitzvot are thus multitudinous beyond enumeration… ..." - Are there really 613 Mitzvot? : Gematria

19. Alofa Atu

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    [7.] Moses specifically said by inspiration of God, that what God spoke and wrote at Mt. Sinai with His own voice and finger from Heaven were "the ten commandments". God came down upon Mt. Sinai in awesome majesty, with the whole mountain covered in the fire of the presence of the Holy Angels of God, so that none but those whom God called up were able to come near.

Exo_34:28 And he was there with the LORD forty days and forty nights; he did neither eat bread, nor drink water. And he wrote upon the tables the words of the covenant, the ten commandments.

Deu_4:13 And he declared unto you his covenant, which he commanded you to perform, even ten commandments; and he wrote them upon two tables of stone.

Deu_10:4 And he wrote on the tables, according to the first writing, the ten commandments, which the LORD spake unto you in the mount out of the midst of the fire in the day of the assembly: and the LORD gave them unto me.​

In each place the Hebrew word "[1697] dabar" is used, as the Ten Commandments are not merely laws or commands, but individual promises of God each that He would perform in those who would walk in His covenant. More on that later as needful.​

[8.] The "ten commandments" that God spake in Person to all the people without the mediator Moses, were a complete Law, nothing further being added unto them, except later as to be written in a scroll/book through a mediator (Moses):

Deu_5:22 These words the LORD spake unto all your assembly in the mount out of the midst of the fire, of the cloud, and of the thick darkness, with a great voice: and he added no more. And he wrote them in two tables of stone, and delivered them unto me.​

[9.] The "ten commandments" were written by God's own finger originally on sapphire stone and which second set was placed into the "pattern" Ark of the Covenant in the earthly tabernacle (Exodus 25:16,21).

[10.] The other precepts, statutes, laws, commands, ordinances, etc were all given by God through the mediator Moses, to be written by Moses' hand, and placed not inside of the Ark, but to be placed in the side of the Ark:

Deu_31:26 Take this book of the law, and put it in the side of the ark of the covenant of the LORD your God, that it may be there for a witness against thee.​

So, while important, God makes distinction, by several means. The many other things which God gave fall under the umbrella of the Ten Commandments:

Psa_119:96 I have seen an end of all perfection: but thy commandment is exceeding broad.​

and as such '613' probably wouldn't even come close to the depth of God's Ten Commandments, which are the expansion of His perfect character of Love, which itself is expressed in the greatest (Deuteronomy 6:5) and second greatest commandments (Leviticus 19:17-18) (both of whose contexts are the Ten Commandments, see Deut. 5, etc).​

[11.] The '613' enumeration only considers material within the texts of the Torah (Gen-Deut), and not any other material from the Nevi'im or Ketuvim, as if God somehow stopped talking and giving commands through men, priests or prophets or kings, see Isaiah 8:20 (Law and Testimony)

[12.] Even from a basic search of scripture, the Torah itself makes differences between words:

Gen 26:5 KJB Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.

Gen 26:5 KJB Str. BecauseH6118 thatH834 AbrahamH85 obeyedH8085 my voice,H6963 and keptH8104 my charge,H4931 my commandments,H4687 my statutes,H2708 and my laws.H8451

Gen 26:5 HOT עקב אשׁר־שׁמע אברהם בקלי וישׁמר משׁמרתי מצותי חקותי ותורתי׃

Gen 26:5 HOT Str. עקבH6118 אשׁרH834 שׁמעH8085 אברהםH85 בקליH6963 וישׁמרH8104 משׁמרתיH4931 מצותיH4687 חקותיH2708 ותורתי׃H8451 (apologies for how this posts, not much can be done about that, I used highligher to mark the beginning and ending, so while the sentence reads left to right, each individual word correctly reads right to left)

Gen 26:5 HOT Translit. ëqev ásher-shäma av'rähäm B'qoliy waYish'mor mish'mar'Tiy mitz'wotay chuQôtay w'tôrotäy​

Notice the distinction made between H4687 (mitzvot) and H8451 (torah), which is again found in Exodus 16:28,

Exo 16:28 And the LORD said unto Moses, How long refuse ye to keep my commandments and my laws?​

This should suffice for now.

20. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    you are cutting up the law into pieces which the bible does not do.

the law is the law - i believe the reason you cut it up is so that you can keep the parts you want to keep AND IGNORE THE REST... if so you are doing the same thing you accuse of others,

i say to you - KEEP IT ALL OR NOT AT ALL.

Deuteronomy 27:26 Cursed be he that confirmeth not all the words of this law to do them. And all the people shall say, Amen.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1