1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Does the day of Christ resurrection tell us to worship on Sunday?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Hobie, Mar 26, 2020.

1. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    you do what you accuse others of doing, you are self condemned.

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Now you know more about sabbath keeping than the Jews themselves? Good heavens, who would have ever thought that the greatest theologian who ever lived is posting right here on Baptist Board. Amazing, simply amazing!

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanx, Noah, for re-iterating what several others of us have posted. While I was wrong for berating non-Jewish Saturday worshippers, we are not wrong in calling them down, especially those of the SDA cult, for telling us we are sinners for having church services on Sunday.

The SADs don't worship on Saturday outta any real Scriptural reason - they do so from the writings of their guru, the charlatan Ellen G. White.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Dave G

Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hobie,
    The resurrection changes everything.

The Law was fulfilled by Christ ( Matthew 5:17 ).
    The Sabbath was part of the Mosaic Law ( Exodus 20:8 ).

The Law ( the "Old Testament" ) has been abolished in Christ's flesh ( Ephesians 2:15, Colossians 2:13-14 ), and we do not keep it to gain blessings from God.
    We as believers have the privilege to either regard the days to the Lord, or not to ( Romans 14:6 ).
    The reason believers assemble on the first day of the week, is out of tradition, not compulsion.
    That source for the tradition is here:

John 20:19, Acts of the Apostles 20:7.

Finally,
    The Law of Moses has one purpose for believers in Christ...
    As a schoolmaster to guide us to Him ( Galatians 3:24 ), knowing that we are unable to keep it ( Romans 3:10-12, James 2:10 ).

Other than by the blood of Christ there is no other way to be in God's favor...all have sinned ( Romans 3:23 ).
    The keeping of the Sabbath serves no purpose under the new testament of grace...
    We can assemble together any day of the week, if we want.

The Lord never told anyone when to gather together, but we are to worship Him all the time:

"Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. " ( Matthew 22:40 ).

Under the new testament in His blood, there is no set day to worship Him like there was under the Law of Moses, neither do we as believers have a temple.
    We are the temple ( 1 Corinthians 6:19 ).

I encourage you to take your eyes off the Law, and put them on Christ and His finished work on the cross.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jesus healed a man on the Sabbath day, John 5:9.
    John 5:17-18, ". . . But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and I work. Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God. . . ."

6. Alofa Atu

Alofa Atu Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Yes it does. Isaiah 8:20. "To the Law" (God's Ten Commandments spoken directly by God) "and" (in addition to) "the testimony" (that which was given through men).

7. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    It certainly does.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    baloney - why did you find it necessary to put things in parenthesis!?

BECAUSE THEY AREN'T THERE!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Logos1560

Logos1560 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    While the word Sunday may not be found in the Church of England's King James Version, it is found in at least a couple of the pre-1611 English Bibles of which the KJV is a revision.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Logos1560

Logos1560 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is it interesting to see some KJV-only advocates contradicting the claims of other KJV-only advocates, demonstrating that any generalization that KJV-only advocates are in agreement in their view of the Bible would not be true?

Evidently, agreeing together on the non-scriptural claims that the KJV is inspired or perfect does not lead to any agreement on sound doctrine and non-sound doctrine. It would also suggest that holding to a KJV-only view is not evidence that a person holds to sound Bible doctrine.

#90 Logos1560, Mar 29, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. utilyan

utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Acts 15
    19“Therefore it is my judgment that we do not trouble those who are turning to God from among the Gentiles, 20but that we write to them that they abstain from things contaminated by idols and from fornication and from what is strangled and from blood. 21“For Moses from ancient generations has in every city those who preach him, since he is read in the synagogues every Sabbath.”

It had to be explained to the gentiles that Jews read scripture on every sabbath because the Christians weren't doing it themselves.

Also it would be nice if those who against Sunday worship explain how they actually keep sabbath. They never do because it involves unbiblical activities that have nothing to do with keeping sabbath.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. alexander284

alexander284 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I once met a SDA couple who said they eat out Saturdays, to avoid violating the Sabbath.

So ... it's ok to take advantage of those who work Saturdays, so that you can avoid violating the Sabbath?

• Like Like x 1
  13. George Antonios

George Antonios Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hunh? How did the KJB come into this?

14. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    T
    rue, but just saying that would have kept the Sda from their heresy if followed!

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    i have no idea what you are saying or asking.

16. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just saying if they had not heeded Ellen White, might not have been a Cult!

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Hobie

Hobie Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    So are we free to transgress the 10 Commandments?

18. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sabbath one was not given to the Church!

19. Hobie

Hobie Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Christ said it over and over and we shall even have the Sabbath in heaven as scripture makes clear.

Matthew 5:19
    Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

John 14:15
    If ye love me, keep my commandments.

Isaiah 66:22-24
    22 For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the Lord, so shall your seed and your name remain.
    23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the Lord.
    24 And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh.

20. Marooncat79

Marooncat79 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They always say that people whi worship on Sunday are affliated w the mark of the beast

Our comments should be- Where do you see that in scripture

As for righteousness, I cannot remember, but I believe that they think that they are sinless after conversion - to which we point to I John 1:9, and what is referred to as the Lords prayer in Matthew “forgive us our sins” which according to Jesus should be prayed daily “give us this day our daily bread”