Does this support Creationism or Evolutionism?

Discussion in 'Creation vs. Evolution' started by Yeshua1, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well it didn't happen this way so it had to have happened this way... Hold on after discovering new evidence it had to have happened this way... Wait a minute Professor Know-it-all with scientific degrees as long as your arm said all the other previous scientist are wrong and it really happens this way!... STOP!!!... END THIS MADNESS NOW!!!!... Btw I think it supports neither, only stupidity... Yeshua1 you're a Christian man right!... Stop chasing rabbit trails... Brother Glen:)

Job 38:1 Then the LORD answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said,

38:2 Who is this that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge?

38:3 Gird up now thy loins like a man; for I will demand of thee, and answer thou me.

38:4 Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.

3. church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  4. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They now claim that Megladon was killed off by a supernova exploding 2 millions years ago!

5. church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are the usual suspects the eyewitnesses to this? Noah's Flood changed the world 100% so many animals died after the Flood because earth had changed so much and then earth experienced 700 years of Ice Age after the Flood and the ice cap covered about 30% of earth. Man was allowed to eat meat after the Flood because plant life had changed.

You know, they condemned James Watson (DNA) for his racists remarks but what Watson said was pure Darwin and Darwin said much worse things but Darwin is still highly esteemed in the eyes of the secularists. I wish that the evolutionists and deep time folks would just come out and say that there is only one "race," but they still have a political agenda evidently.

6. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Whenever we mention that the Nazis were merely practicing the logical end of evolutionism, people go crazy, but they indeed were into survival of the fittest, and improving the human dna, as warped and evil as they were!

7. church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, the Germans dealt with eugenics to improve the Germanic peoples, but they got a lot of it from states like Indiana that sterilized the handicapped over 100 years ago. But clearly Darwin was the modern idol for this thinking. Creation Ministries International has a DVD about Darwin and the Holocaust, but I don't own it and have not seen it. Darwinism is atheism, as you know.

I think what is happening is that the old earth ideas are being set aside by modern science and that old earth branch of the church is also fading away so that the church is being reduced in numbers even more. Both sides in the issue blame the other side for the loss of young people, but I think that the old earth side is where the loss is greatest and the Creationist side is where the numbers are growing slightly. American scientific education is politicized because so much federal money is dumped into the universities and the atheists grabbed control of the public universities and they have fought to keep out any criticism of Darwin. The case that astonished me was that a regular guy figured out that the Great Missoula Flood was an Ice Age body of water the size of 1 1/2 Great Lakes that broke free and ran to the Pacific Ocean from Missoula, Montana. The Darwinist ignored and ostracized this fellow professor until aerial photographs 30 or 40 years later rendered the discovery beyond debate. Until education allows free inquiry, Darwin will prevail. The federal government needs to stop funding universities in any way shape or form once and for all.

8. Kathryn Ahl New Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  9. church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's a deep time or millions and millions of years idea and is not especially new. Scripture teaches that Adam is the first man and father of us all and Eve, the most beautiful woman ever because she was created to be perfect, is the mother of us all.

10. Kathryn Ahl New Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, Earth is 4.55 billion years old.

11. church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, only about 6,000 years old.

12. Kathryn Ahl New Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Er... ah... we have written history going back at years 7,200 years. Why do you wish Earth to be only around 6,000 years old?

13. church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is nothing left from before Noah's Flood of 4,300 years ago so there is an error in dating anything before that.

14. HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Bishop James Ussher creation chronology:

Bishop James Ussher Sets the Date for Creation

15. 37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  16. HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Says who?

17. 37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    If the earth only existed 6,000 years or so, then the 13.7 billion years had existed how? Either what we see for the universe never really existed or there is another explaination. My adult daughter irrationally believes in a young 6,000 year old earth. I proposed the following argument. God created our heaven and earth some 6,000 years ago. But on the 4th day creaded the stars of the universe along with its billions of years too. So both the creation of the earth 6,000 years ago and the 13.7 billion years for the universe are both actually true. "For with God nothing shall be impossible." -- LUke 1:37. I also loaned my daugher my young earth creationist science book, "In the Beginning," by Walt Brown, Phd. (7th edition)

18. Reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Let's make this short and sweet. Nothing promotes Evolution (in the connotation understood with that term) at all because it didn't happen.

In the beginning GOD CREATED.

19. Reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is actually false. Why do you think there is nothing left from before the flood?

How is YEC irrational? I mean really? Could it not be that everything was created with the appearance of age? Or do you believe Adam and Eve were babies crawling around on day one of their existence?

20. 37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The "appearance of age" argument makes God out to be some kind of liar. It is more tenable that God would have created the actuality. Which is not irrational. Personaly I hold to a literal 6 days of Genesis 1 and hold to an actual old universer. The 4th day actually only says God made two lights. The lesser light to rule the night and the stars. The KJV, NKJ V and NASB has "He made" in regard to the stars in italics. The NRSV uses a long hyphen.
    My view is on the first day when God said, "Let there be light," our Sun became the Sun that it is. And 4 days later the what is now the solar wind, blew debis past the earth to make the Sun and Moon visible as such.