doesn't the fall of Adam show that free will by itself cannot provide salvation?

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by Yeshua1, Mar 5, 2014.

1. steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I tried.........blessings!

2. Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    steaver
    :confused: not sure about this one

:wavey: good thought
    maybe not....

QUOTE]
    I would hope that you are also here to test your own points of view and carefully consider what others point out as well. And if after some careful consideration and study you find that a passage you have been using really shouldn't be used for a go to on a subject then you would faithfully abandon that particular passage as to honor God and His Word, not that you must abandon your whole pov, but make sure you are only using those passages which actually do speak to the subject being discussed. That's just being fair and honest to God first and foremost, I think you would agree with me that we should take seriously the way we apply passages in God's Word. [/QUOTE]

This does not happen .....there is always reason to just plow ahead and repeat wrong ideas on rom7...eccl7.....over and over...even when given solid explanations....

:thumbs:...yes
    you did try.....

3. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do yuo still hold that ALL sinners were written down by God into lamb Book of Life, and that we remove ourselves by rejecting jesus, so those who never heard are all saved, so why even do missions, and chance them rejecting him?

4. Winman Active Member

Who did God say he would blot out of his book?

Exo 32:33 And the LORD said unto Moses, Whosoever hath sinned against me, him will I blot out of my book.

Does it say whosoever has rejected Jesus shall be blotted out? Or does it say whosoever has sinned against me (God) shall be blotted out?

If you spent a little time reading the Bible you wouldn't have to ask so many questions.

5. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jesus stated that he will never cast out ANY who come unto him, so cannot mean what you state, as he is against that one!

And the father lied to Moses, by your reasoning, for Favid was to die, yet God spared his life!

6. Winman Active Member

Well of course someone who trusts Christ is not blotted out, their sins are forgiven.

Rev 3:5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

The reason these person's raiment is white is because their sins have been washed away in the blood of Christ. Their names will not be blotted out, which implies unbelievers will be blotted out, which implies their names were originally in the book of life.

I realize this refutes Calvinism, what can I say? Most of the Bible refutes Calvinism. :rolleyes:

I have no idea what you are talking about here, and I seriously doubt you do either.

7. Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    this thread is closed.