1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Donald Trump and the Pharisees

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Aaron, Oct 13, 2016.

1. Calminian

Calminian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

If you can't see the difference between Trump now and Trump 30 years ago you're blind. Trump counter punches but you have to as a politician.

I don't want a wimpy pushover running the country. You're looking for a Bush/Carter type. I'm looking for Patton/MacArthur. For that matter I want someone like Christ. He was perfect, yet called people some pretty serious names like brood of vipers, sons of hell. There's a time to be passive there's a time to be aggressive.

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I certainly wouldn't compare the character of Donald Trump to Jesus Christ. They are very different people. No, I'm not even looking at the Donald Trump of 30 years ago. I'm speaking of what he has been saying since he has been running for president. He lacks any sort of decent character and to be honest, I would be embarrassed were I to be his mother, wife or daughter. Men of character don't act like him. He has no presidential qualifications and is not at all anyone to even begin to emulate. He doesn't even know how to act properly in public. Seriously - if my son even did 1/10 of what this man is doing/speaking, he'd be grounded for life.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Calminian

Calminian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

And I'm just being honest with you, you sound smug and self-righteous. I prefer the company of people like Trump over you. And his kids and wife love him and are proud of him. I am too. Like the guy (warts and all) a lot more than I like you.

4. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Calminian: "I like unrepentant insulting jerks like Trump more than I like godly women like Ann."

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, if you like hanging around with womanizing, chronic liars I guess Trump is your man.

I'd prefer to be with Godly men and women.

6. blessedwife318

blessedwife318 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ann is anything but smug and self-righteous is not an apt description. I'll be fair and say I know I can come off as smug, because that is just what happens when you have strong opinions without a lot of tact. But Ann on the other hand always has a way of presenting her thoughts and opinions in a very gracious manner. She has also said that she is voting for Trump so to attack her like this, shows that this is about more than voting for Trump, this is about praising Trump.
    Originally you were one of the few Trump Supporters here that I thought had some class, as you were the only one that tried to defend voting for him, without brining up Clinton, but now that you are attacking someone that is voting for him, because she doesn't think he is a man of character says a lot about you.

7. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

And that's supposed to bother me?

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Lewis

Lewis Active Member
    Site Supporter

Oh just take some Dramamine. You'll be fine

9. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I'm not trusting in Dramamine. Hate the stuff. Bleck! I'm trusting in the God of the Universe who will reign no matter who is in the chair in the Oval Office.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Have fun with your imaginary friends.

11. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ah, they are real and they are nothing like Trump and his puppets.

12. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, Trump is 30 years older, but his character is just as flawed as it ever was. Look at all the horrible things he has said about people. Look at the lies he has been caught telling. Look at how he has flip-flopped on just about every issue you can name. He is a bully. Putin would be able to manipulate him much to our detriment. He is an immoral man.

13. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Indeed Ann. I am one of those armchair politicos that Limbaugh derides because though I will vote for Trump I will smugly say "I told you so" when he loses.

Yes I believe Hillary will win. There is a small chance DT will so I will take it.

It will not be smugness I will feel but sorrow for the millions of people who will lose their life before they even see the light of day Mr. Limbaugh.

This due to our new queen and her views on abortion, the Bill of Rights (except for the 5th amendment - she loves that one - it can stay but only for those she says may use it), the rights to LIFE, liberty and the pursuit of happiness , The right to be a sovereign nation with well defined and PROTECTED borders. The right to live in a city where murderers can't roam the streets, kill and then can't be arrested because its a city like an ANIMAL SANCTUARY and they CAN'T be brought to justice because of a lawless DOJ.

I could go on with what she will bring to our new America like a new SCOTUS.

Perhaps she is God's punishment to our beloved nation. But like Israel they did not realize it until they were destroyed. God was in control then.

Buy your prayer rugs now, avoid the rush.

Ya, I know, I'm a racist.

HankD

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Hank - I'm right there with you. I KNOW if Mrs. Clinton takes office, so many things will go further away from anything godly. I will not be surprised if we begin to see the erosion of our religious rights as well in light of the liberal ideology. It's going to happen. I know it will but if we can at least keep a Democrat out of the office for now, we stand a chance of at least holding it off. I DO think that these candidates are God saying "YOU wanted this." :(

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Romans 3:10.

16. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is encouraging.

HankD

17. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's a cop out. Christians active in politics aren't thinking they're the solutions to the problems of the world. Corrupt policies and politics are real problems that need to be corrected. Those are the problems that haul Christians to jail, take their children, kill the unborn, steal the fruits of a man's labor and otherwise oppress and enslave.

God says: Defend the poor and fatherless: do justice to the afflicted and needy.

Oh, but wait. So glad we have purer Christians with purer motives and higher standards to tell us that it won't solve the problems of the world, and that we're in disobedience if you cast your vote for anyone but a perfect [edited]-ing angel.

18. blessedwife318

blessedwife318 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Agreed, they need to be corrected, not covered up, excused away, or ignored. They need to be called out, not insisted that they be voted into office. All of which is why I will not vote for Trump.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

19. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist

But you're good with Hillary as our president, right? Knowing full well - right now - what she will do to this nation to bring it to its most ungodly fruition. Knowing what she will do to the Constitution, the Supreme Court, and ergo your children and grandchildren. It's not a mystery what she will do in terms of this country - there's no semblance of unpredictability with her. Her disdainful acts for this nation can't be more evidentiary than it is right now. You MUST be good with it. You already know what's going to happen when she goes into office. It must be palatable to you. It's the only answer I can come up with.

I despise Trump just as much as you do and find those who defend him to be grasping at straws.

I am not voting FOR Trump. I am voting to protect issues that are very important to me.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Baloney.

That's a sterling example of your own holier than thou self righteousnes. And that's about all it's worth.

• Agree Agree x 2