1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Doom and Gloom

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by InTheLight, Jul 2, 2014.

1. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The economy is slowing picking up. There are real gains in corporate earnings, new jobs, housing sales, auto sales, manufacturing data, consumer confidence, etc. I've been posting some of the highlights recently.

My question is this--why do people come into these threads and start saying the data is fake or it's not really happening or the real numbers are this, etc.?

What's with all the doom and gloom?

I can understand that many here have a dislike of Obama (as do I). But you do realize that the President has very little to do with the economy, right? So, now that things are starting to turn around, why the negativity? Why not embrace some positive economic news? Enjoy it.

2. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You know ITL, I almost, and wish that I did, replied to one of your 'positive threads' the other day with a comment like 'hey, you're supposed to only post doom & gloom bad news here, not good news'.

I've made some 'positive optimistic' posts concerning the approaching turnaround of nuclear power because of the fantastic advances they've made in the technology, but seems most aren't interested in good news for a change.

Oh well, I probably won't sleep over eight hrs tonight worrying about it. :D

#2 kyredneck, Jul 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2014
  3. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is not about Obama (and quite frankly it is childish to make that accusation) it is about the lack of jobs. It is also about a propped up stock market. Pretending things are better than they are means we will not do what is needed to move forward.

#3 Revmitchell, Jul 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2014