1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Drastic "Lockdowns" totally irrational, according to those at Stanford

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Aaron, Apr 1, 2020.

1. Wingman68

Wingman68 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Interesting that this crisis has not helped unite anything, just intensified the division, & brought people out of the weeds running around naked & screaming. Wait until there is nothing in the grocery stores where we are still ‘allowed’ to go. Breadlines anyone? There will be more death from suicide, criminal activity, & possibly even civil war, that you’ll wish we only had a virus to think about.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    The way that most of you are talking to each other and using excessive hyperbole is disgusting.

The way you are speaking to one another is 100% overriding the discussion here. I can't even follow the points being made for having to read terrible and sinful insults.

And stop looking for and desiring impending doom. Some of you appear to relish that possibility just to prove your point.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I, and probably others, would like you to explain the "left's agenda" in all of this. What is the left's plan and how will they execute it?

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    trump-jesus.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  5. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Stay-on-topic3.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  6. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Goes to motive, Your Honor. Actually, Trump invited Biden to call him and offer advice from Biden's experience in the Obama administration. Please don't turn me in to the Minnesota Hot Line for people who are not politically correct, ha!ha!

#46 church mouse guy, Apr 2, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
  7. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh, so social distancing to reduce the severity of a pandemic is "political correctness" in your world?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Its part of the ever evolving liberal agenda.

• Like Like x 1
  9. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, you said that I was off topic and I am afraid of what might happen if I were to go to MN. Believe me, I am staying more than six feet away from everyone although I don't have any particular fear of my co-workers. The outfit where I work wants to fire people who violate the rule in their lunchrooms. I am washing my hands more than Pontius Pilate at a string of sham Roman trials.

10. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How noble and brave of some, ...Take the old and sick first, oh Lord, but whatever You do don't let us struggle to eat, have mercy...

• Like Like x 1
  11. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It absolutely is, because it won't reduce the severity, it will only delay it.

Only treatment will reduce it's severity.

• Prayers Prayers x 1
  12. Wingman68

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ‘Empty Hospitals’ is trending… Citizens film desolate emergency rooms across America…

When everyone is staying at home, we only have the word of the media to keep us apprised of what is happening. Therefore you better choose your sources well, & don’t believe your lying eyes, heh. I have noticed that every death of someone out of the dreaded elderly, or compromised category is well covered. A baby died of covid we hear, a baby! They love to cover the death of a baby under this scenario, but not the PP scenario. Does this sound unfeeling to you? It should, because the bringers of death to babies are unfeeling every moment of every day that they herald abortion. What makes all those deaths any different? It is actually worse, because those deaths have been chosen by the mothers & the ‘doctors’ carrying out the executions.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    trump-jesus.jpg

In case you were misreading the sign:
    Thank You Jesus, For Lord President Trump.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Wingman68

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  15. Wingman68

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Somebody is loud & proud, so they upvote an anti Trump post. What don’t you get about above the for or below the for? You are trashing other Christians in the process........but who cares, right?

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Wingman68

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You know, this is an interesting subject because The Vatican is tied into the UN goals with this maxist Pope Francis. He has adopted UN goals as RCC goals. This has caused some uproar in the RCC because people in the Vatican and the UN want to stop African women from having large families.

Also, the Vatican is globalist and is being helped by Jeffery Sachs, an American professor and economist who hates Trump for withdrawing from multi-national agreements. Sachs is practically a traitor, but the joke is on him because this epidemic has caused lockdowns and it is clear that globalism has caused this sickness and death. Strangely, Bernie Sanders is a big hero at the Vatican, as he probably is the choice of Pope Francis for president.

But the point of all this is that The Vatican is supporting UN goals in birth control for Africa and abortion as a means of population control.

These lockdowns on international travel are very necessary. Canada is still allowing flights from China.

Maybe if everyone had one of these 95 masks, the lockdown could be lifted. I think that is what they did in Taiwan, which has 348 cases and 5 deaths with 50 recoveries today.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Wingman68

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In regard to the baby that died, Candace Owens has done the work of the media, & found that the governor of Connecticut has bald faced lied about it being linked to the virus.

Candace Owens @RealCandaceO

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sure, I will be glad to educate you and the "probablies" :rolleyes: on this issue using my formerly nicotine stained fingers, 7/8 of my brain tied behind my back and a talent on loan from God.

Let's start with ole Bernie:

But Mr. Sanders is still running, in large part, allies and aides say, because he believes he can meld this moment of national crisis with the progressive policy agenda that has been his life’s work.

What is it you believe ole Bernie means by "meld this moment of national crisis"? Let me edumacate you. He wants to use this crisis to push policies on this country that people would not otherwise approve of.

Then there is ole Clyburn:

“This is a tremendous opportunity to restructure things to fit our vision,” Majority Whip James Clyburn (D-S.C.) told lawmakers, according to a source on the call.

What do you think Clyburn meant by "restructure things to fit our vision"? Let me edumacate you. He wants to push the far left extreme agenda on the American public who would not otherwise approve of it.

Then there was the House version of the recent relief bill:

"the 1,119-page House bill was larded with progressive policy priorities on topics with little or no connection to the pandemic: carbon emissions, corporate board diversity, federally imposed rules for early voting and voter registration, collective bargaining, a minimum wage hike, a Postal Service bailout, student loan forgiveness, permanent changes to Medicaid and Obamacare, minority-owned credit unions, funding for the arts, and many, many more."

This of course was pushed in greater extent by Pelosi but no doubt was supported by the majority of not all Dems in both houses.

Here is what you need to take away from all of this. The Dems are trying to capitalize on this crisis in order to further an agenda the American people would choke on. They tried to shame Republicans into supporting those things under the guise of if you don't then you do not support the opportunity to give immediate aid and relief to the American people in this crisis.

Now, what puzzles me is why I need to explain all of this to someone who claims to be a conservative. It's beyond me.:Thumbsdown

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is a fantastic rebuttal to an argument no one in this thread has made. By your very own logic Trump is somehow the leading mastermind of this liberal agenda or is playing right into it because he too is advocating for staying home. You guy are all over the place on this Corona thing and you forget where your conspiracy theories conflict with each other.