EASTER WAS - WEDNESDAY, MAR.31 ! !

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by robycop3, Apr 1, 2021.

1. rstrats Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm not aware of any scripture which says that anyone celebrated Easter. What do you have in mind?

2. robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Most likely, the "Easter" goof in the KJV's Acts 12:4.

3. Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would say the ladies and the apostles celebrated that first Easter!

4. Konstantin Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Scripture says that the Jews at that time no longer feasted the Passover of the Lord (Lev.23:5). Jews celebrated the pagan holiday of Easter (Acts.12:4) (KJV1611)

Scripture does not say anywhere that Easter was celebrated by the Apostles.

5. rstrats Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Even if "Easter" in the KJV were referring to the resurrection nothing is said about anyone celebrating it.

6. rstrats Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Maybe, I just don't see where scripture mentions it. What do you have in mind?

7. robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The GREEK is PASCHA, which, at the time, meant only PASSOVER. "Easter" in the KJV is a GOOF, plain-n-simple. If Easter HAD then existed, neither Herod nor the Jews he was trying to please woulda observed it.

THAT'S CUZ IT DIDN'T THEN EXIST ! !

8. Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Matt 28:8

9. Konstantin Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Your statement is not true. The Jews constantly deviated from the word of God. Jesus Christ confirms this:

"For had ye beleeued Moses, ye would haue beleeued me: for he wrote of me" (John.5:46)

10. robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nothing to do with what Luke wrote. Learn a little history.

Herod was trying to please the Jewish religious leadership as per Caesar's order. He saw that having James whacked pleased them, So he resolved to deal with Peter, but let the Jews do with him as they chose themselves, which he figured would please them even more. So, he busted Peter, knowing he was itinerant, before he could leave the bailiwick, but PASSOVER was going on & he knew the Jews wouldn't deal with Peter til it was past. Thus, Herod intended to keep him til PASSOVER was through, then let the Jews have him. No one was observing any "Easter" then.

11. Konstantin Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Your statement again contradicts the word of God:

"And when hee had apprehended him, hee put him in prison, and deliuered him to foure quaternions of souldiers to keepe him, intending after Easter to bring him forth to the people" (Acts.12:4) (KJV1611)

The reason for your ignorance is not knowing which text of the Bible is inspired.

12. robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, it's YOUR ignorance for believing the KJVO myth. That myth is entirely man-made & not found in Scripture, a fact that automatically makes it false, not to mention all the LIES found within that myth, I. E. "The KJV is perfect".

"Easter" in the KJV is a GOOF; it was PASSOVER that was ongoing, & that's what the Greek says. You're simply WRONG to believe Easter is correct. It didn't even exist when Luke wrote "Acts".

13. Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    and neither is Trinity found in the Scriptures.

Lets be a bit more gracious as we present our view.
    and be VERY careful about calling someone or something as a lie.

14. Konstantin Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Scripture says:

"The wordes of the Lord are pure wordes: as siluer tried in a fornace of earth purified seuen times.

Thou shalt keepe them, (O Lord,) thou shalt preserue them, from this generation for euer."
    (Ps.12:6:7)

You have a sectarian logic. God kept his Word, not Luke.

15. robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Same verses are found in every other valid Bible translation. they don't point to any one version or language. And, in your AV 1611, there's this footnote for the 2nd them in V7: "Heb. him, I. euery one of them." The AV makers knew that verse is about PEOPLE, not words.

Do yopu know where this "Psalm 12:6-7 thingie comes from? I'll tell you. It comes straight from 7TH DAY ADVENTIST official Dr. Ben Wilkinson's 1930 book, Our Authorized Bible Vindicated, which became the "foundation stone" for the current edition of the KJVO myth. Subsequent KJVO authors copied it into their hooey, and you've likely picked it up from some of their garbage. (If mthe footnote I mentioned above isn't in YOUR AV 1611 copy, you have a counterfeit eition.)

Luke wrote the FACTS. And one of them was that PASSOVER was ongoing when Herod had Peter busted. Easter didn't then exist. Luke used the word 'pascha', the same word JESUS used for passover-unless you think Jesus observed Easter ! (LOL)

BTW, I APOLOGIZE FOR BEING HARSH & SNIPPY WITH YOU AT TIMES !

16. robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are right; I was a little too harsh with him. I wrote an apology into my last response to him.

Why did I say the KJVO myth is full of lies? One example is its claim that the KJV is perfect. That claim has been disproven by so many on umpteen different media venues that it's well-known. Now, someone can post something INCORRECT(I've done so myself) without knowing it's incorrect, but the above KJVO claim has been disproven so often & thoroughly that posting it further is POSTING A LIE.

17. Konstantin Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    God not only kept his words, the Bible, “as the word of men” (1Thess.2:13). He also preserved it as “a more sure word of prophecie” (2Pet.1:19), "(as it is in trueth) the word of God" (1Thess.2:13) from “this generation” (Ps.12:7), i.e. from the idolaters-cultists, whom you are. The Bible, as "a more sure word of prophecie" (2Pet.1:19) is closed to you by God.

18. robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Horse Feathers.

The KJV is not "the Bible". it's a man-made TRANSLATION of God's word, same as are all others. it's one of many. You can't **PROVE** a thing you say about the KJVO myth.

19. rstrats Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't see where Matthew 28:8 says anything about celebrating the resurrection.

20. rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Please stop the personal attacks and get back on track.