Elect or Non-elect?

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by Pastor_Bob, Oct 8, 2018.

1. SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You’re all over the place. The Book of Life has the names of all the saved ppl in it. All those whose names are not found written in it are to be cast into the lake of fire.

Which brings us right back to where the Christ, in the day of Judgment, will tell them who had done many things in His name, “Depart from Me, you evil doers. I NEVER knew you!” He didn’t say, “I once knew you, but now I don’t!” He NEVER knew them in an intimate relationship. So the lost never have their name in the Book of Life. God doesn’t need white-out.

2. loDebar Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    How can God not know anything?

You stop thinking somewhere in discusdion. I think of his when you try to makevavpiint you do not consider ramifications of a statement

3. SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God is omniscient. Never said anything to the contrary.

But salvation is more than merely knowing someone by existence, as He does all His creation. However, He foreknows His ppl intimately. Whom He foreknew, He predestined, called, justified, glorified.[Romans 8:28-30] Has God rejected His ppl He foreknew? Absolutely not![Romans 11:1-2]

4. loDebar Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You said God said He did not know them.

I was saying, it is a true relationship that was not there. He knows all things.
    He did reject some,according to you, who were created just to go to help.
    NOT BY THE GOD I KNOW

In the verses you mis apply, He knew all,

5. SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I said God did not know them intimately. Keep up. God knows all His creation, but only His elect via foreknowledge.

6. SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Again, the Christ will say, ’I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.’[Matthew 7:23] He is omniscient, so this not knowing them is not knowing them intimately, not knowing them via divine foreknowledge.

Soooo, if all names start out in the Lamb’s Book of Life, then they were saved. If they get blotted out, they become unsaved.

7. SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No one was created just to go to hell. Another false caricature of Calvinism.

8. SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The verses I misapply? Where? By the way, ~ 99% of your posts are devoid of scripture. You just post your opinions.

9. SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No scripture.

10. loDebar Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why were the non elect created,? You just implied God created them without chance ?

11. SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No scriptural reference, just opinion.

12. loDebar Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have to show you God knows everything?

13. SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why were all created, not just the non-elect? To give glory to God.

Why did God create many, according to your free will schema, knowing He would have to cast them into hell by refusing via their feee will?

14. SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Huh? Keep up sport! I said ~99% of your posts are devoid of scripture.

15. SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In both our views, God casts unbelievers into an eternal hell. But you seek to get Him off the hook because He tries to save those He couldn’t save.

16. SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Look at OT Israel. God told Moses to tell Pharaoh to repent and believe in the God he serves. Wait, no He didn’t. He told Pharaoh to let His ppl go that they may worship Him. Notice the Egyptians were never called God’s ppl. Not once was Moses instructed to witness to them in an attempt to save the Egyptians. Not once in those ten plagues were they told to believe and worship the God of Israel.

Then they, along with the Philistines, Jebusites, Hitities, Hivites, Assyrians, Syrians, Jerichoites, et al, we’re never given a sacrificial system that stayed their sins from year-to-year. They were never entrusted with the oracles of God. Only Israel was. After the Christ cut Israel off, He entrusted the church to carry out His word.

God is a particular God to a particular ppl.

17. Rockson Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No he didn't. But Egypt had 400 years where they were treating unjustly Hebrews they made slaves when God HAD saved Egypt from disaster in the time of Joseph. Not to mention that they slew the Hebrew babies in the time of Moses. God decided to make an example of them for their judgment time had arrived.

True but you know neither are you and me from the status of being Gentiles....we've been grafted into Israel, you which are Christ are Abraham's seed. And about Egypt go back to the Egypt of Joseph and the Pharaohs at that time and other ones slightly after. They honored God, they blessed Israel until a time came when it's said Pharaohs came who knew not Joseph. Didn't mean historically they didn't know who he was but they decided to turn against their heritage of honoring God and his servants.

Do we really believe there was no way these earlier Pharaohs weren't received by God for honoring him in the eras they did? I'd suggest not. In the same way God spoke well of other Gentile kings, rulers like Darius...do we think he didn't make heaven his home? We have silence about it but we get the feel they did.

Tamar, Rahab, Ruth, and Bathsheba Gentiles were allowed into the covenants of Israel and Jesus has Ruth in his genealogy.

The Priest Melchizedek was in those ancient lands of Israel in the time of Abraham and was compared to the High Priest Jesus. Therefore we have to know there was some genuine spiritual activity going on yes in what we call the Gentiles of that time.

Jonah was called to preach to the Ninevites to repent? They did. Gentile people.

Noah sacrificed before the Priesthood....where did he get that notion....you don't see an actual command from God for Noah to do that Gen 6-7

Now ancient tribes, Gentile ones....all around the globe, it's pretty universal.....did blood sacrifices.....YES they were perversions but the concept of sacrifice was in their consciousness. Even in far flung places compared to Israel, like Mexico you'll see blood sacrifice....devilish and perversions yes BUT were they always so?? Could there have been a time where they were slaying say a lamb as a sin offering instead of humans? Don't know. We have silence on the matter. Doesn't mean it didn't happen however.

God was receptive to any body from any lands that wanted to serve him. In fact that's why he scattered them throughout the earth to increase the chances of that happening. (Acts 17:27)

18. loDebar Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    " house of prayer to all nations"

19. SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Where do you find this in the Bible?

20. loDebar Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Isa 56:7

Even them will I bring to my holy mountain, and make them joyful in my house of prayer: their burnt offerings and their sacrifices shall be accepted upon mine altar; for mine house shall be called an house of prayer for all people.

Mar 11:17

And he taught, saying unto them, Is it not written, My house shall be called of all nations the house of prayer? but ye have made it a den of thieves.