1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Election And Predestination In Complete Harmony

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by tyndale1946, Apr 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is no 'if' about this....

The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit.[1 Corinthians 2:14]

The person w/o the Spirit is in an unregenerate state, mon ami.

2. JonShaff

JonShaff Fellow Servant
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hello, Brother Willis!

Where does the Bible teach that "understanding" is a prerequisite for Salvation?

3. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Before Squire Robertsson shuts this down according to my time on the West Coast in California it will be locked in about an hour and a half... I would like to thank everyone on here for this lively discussion... If we didn't have different perspectives on how each and everyone of us understand scripture this would be a boring board... We can agree to disagree and hopefully be kind to one another in the process... This thread will soon be closed and as soon as I get my thinking cap on may post another one... Thank you everyone for your participation... Brother Glen:)

2 Timothy 2:7 Consider what I say; and the Lord give thee understanding in all things.

4. SovereignGrace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Uhhhhh, 1 Corinthians 2:14?

Ummmm, Ephesians 1:13?

Errrummmm,, 1:Corinthians 1:18-21?

Mmmmmm....Romans 1:16?

#144 SovereignGrace, Apr 21, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
  5. SovereignGrace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    For message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. For it is written: "I will destroy the wisdom of the wise; the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate.” Where is the wise person? Where is the teacher of the law? Where is the philosopher of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not know him, God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe.[1 Corinthians 1:18-21]

Those who are perishing think the preaching of the cross is nothing. They, in their unregenerate state, can not understand the gospel because their heart is dead, is as hard as a stone.

For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile.[Romans 1:16]

This verse is pretty self-explanatory.

Then they asked him, “What must we do to do the works God requires?” Jesus answered, “The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent.”[John 6:28-29]

Those who believe, even their belief is a work of God.

But I get it. Ppl want to be autonomous. They don't want ppl telling them what to do, when to do it, how to do it, &c. They don't even need God to help them make key choices in life. :(

That is why the world is in such a mess. They don't want God. How dare He do for them what they can do for themselves. That, is arrogance and pride at its best.

#145 SovereignGrace, Apr 21, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
  6. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread is closed.

• Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.