1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Electric Cars Powered by Child Labor in Africa

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by rlvaughn, Oct 22, 2020.

1. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mean and Unclean: Electric Cars Powered by Child Labor in Africa

2. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Scott Downey

Scott Downey Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Blood money gained by the blood of children. It is an evil age we live in. There is always some evil injustice happening anywhere anytime this whole world over. It will be like that until Christ returns.

4. Scott Downey

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    How many Christians love the world.

1 John 2:15
    Do Not Love the World
    Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

John 7:6-8
    Jesus testifies that the works of the world are evil.
    6 Then Jesus said to them, “My time has not yet come, but your time is always ready. 7 The world cannot hate you, but it hates Me because I testify of it that its works are evil. 8 You go up to this feast. I am not yet going up to this feast, for My time has not yet fully come.”

John 15:19
    If you were of the world, the world would love its own. Yet because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you.

#4 Scott Downey, Oct 22, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
  5. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Pay no attention to the propaganda of big oil. America is filled with devices such as electric motors (trains, elevators, escalators, etc). Think of all those digital devices (phones, computers, etc) made with elements mined abroad. Fix the production method, rather than ban the products. Ask yourself, would a mine in Idaho be so bad, it it might leverage social justice in the Congo?

#5 Van, Oct 22, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Scott Downey

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    NIMBY prevents that as well as the greens who worship the mother (earth). A lot of this started under POTUS Clinton, who sent a lot of dirty basic industry overseas and said the loss of jobs would be made up by growing a service economy instead. Then Obama said those jobs are never coming back due to government policies. But Trump has brought back many manufacturing jobs. Now democrats and Biden are planning to reverse as much as possible what good Trump has done.

7. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, I understand that Mr. Trump reversed many of the Obama era polices, and the Left wants them back. I think the Feds could use National Defense to cut through the regulatory and statutory web that allows the left to hinder self sufficiency, making us dependent of foreign powers for critical materials. Ask yourself why we do not have a robust Power Grid with ample generation sources? Instead we get the power shutoff when it gets hot or windy. Nuff said.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Scott Downey

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Biden's huge new taxes and GND would raise energy prices a lot I think. His plan is shut down all coal, Natural Gas electricity generation.