Elevation of women in the church and in society

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Cutter, Jul 21, 2007.

1. Rufus_1611 New Member

Riiiight.

I love women, especially Godly women in their God instructed roles.

I've never encountered it and I've never researched the matter. The only data on this thread presented to make that case, came from MP who cited PBS who used a female, short-haired, lesbian "reverend" as an expert on the matter. I remain unconvinced that it's some pervasive problem.

2. Rufus_1611 New Member

You must be desperate to, once again, try to turn this into some sort of racist thing.

3. Magnetic Poles New Member

No, it's a sexist thing, which is just as ugly. I thought you were done.

4. Magnetic Poles New Member

And this is the guy who talked about ad hominem? Now sarcastic ad hominems. I will say that although I am a man, I am proud to stand beside my sisters in their battle against people like you, as they continue seeking full equal status in society.

Love 'em in their place...barefoot, pregnant and subjugated.

Never encountered it, so it doesn't exist. Hahaha

Don't you ever get tired of hanging yourself with your own words?

5. Rufus_1611 New Member

I was done trying to reason with you, I'm still open to commenting.

6. Magnetic Poles New Member

To quote you, "riiiight".

You were speaking directly to me and my post. You cannot reason with the unreasonable, that is a fact.

7. ccrobinson Active Member

You see what you want to see, Rufus.

Many books have been written about this very subject of so-called Christian men who batter their wives. Go to your favorite search engine and type in "battered wives" and you'll see the results, which are too numerous to list here.

Amen.

8. Rufus_1611 New Member

Full equal status in society. If you believe this to be a Biblical objective what are your proof-texts?

I don't like that "subjugated" word and I didn't use it. The Bible calls for women to submit or be obedient to their husbands. It also calls for men to love their wives as Christ loved the church and in a proper marriage these matters will already have been addressed and there will be no necessity for subjugating some one. In the event that a wife is walking in opposition to the Lords instruction then I would think she would be led by the counsel of a Godly man and the counsel of scripture to conform to the Lord's will.

That's not what I said. Provide some evidence that doesn't include your lesbian friends and I'll take a look.

9. Rufus_1611 New Member

As I indicated, I have not researched this matter and the only detail provided to make the argument was a secular new source using lesbians as experts. There is no need to research "battered wives" as it does nothing to change the Biblical model for the roles of the two genders.

10. Cutter New Member

Titus 3:10 A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject.

It is obvious that it would be in our best interest at this time, Bro. Rufus, to follow your advice.

11. EdSutton New Member

With respect to all, I haven't seen a lot of "out and out" "heresy" posted (although one poster's 'interpretation' of 'subjugation' comes close, IMO), but I have seen a lot of fairly well unsupported opinions (by all) with some of them built on the 'proof-texting' of a few "key" Scriptures, on this thread. :tear:

However, Look Up, Brother! (© W. A. Criswell). We are already on page 30 with closure of the thread emminent.

Ed

12. Cutter New Member

It's obvious Bro. Ed, there are some on this site that hold views in direct conflict with the Word of God. Sad that some do not see this, sadder still that some won't admit it!

13. NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I agree 100%. Since a heretic is by definition of the Greek word a schismatic, one who needlessly causes divisions, I agree that we should not debate with them. There are some here who seem to relish in causing divisions and fights.

14. Bro. Williams New Member

Who is the heretick here you refer to? That is a strong word and statement, and one I like to use as well if it fits.

But if you must make such a claim to one, then can you at least give some specifc examples instead of just a general accusation?

Would it not be better to list the reasoning and specific examples so we would know exactly what heresy is being referred to?

15. Cutter New Member

Bro. Williams, with all due respect, you must read only the last post or two before you post. If you go back a couple of pages and read what I said in context as to where it is positioned I think you will be enlightened.

16. Bro. Williams New Member

no need to guess, i read them all. it seems some specifics would be be due with such a cry of heresy.

17. Hardsheller Active Member
    Site Supporter

You know it's probably hard for these women to take a man seriously who uses "Casper the Ghost" as his avatar!

18. Cutter New Member

Hey, whatcha got against Casper? :wavey:

19. Hardsheller Active Member
    Site Supporter

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

20. npetreley New Member

I have nothing against Casper, myself. But you better watch out for the self-righteous thought police. The Bible says we should not consult the dead, and portraying a ghost in friendly terms could encourage people to consult the dead. ;)