1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Estimated Dates of the Events of the 1 Year Great Tribulation of the Earth

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by gaviria.christian, Nov 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here's what SCRIPTURE says concerning this horn:

Daniel 8:8 Therefore the male goat grew very great; but when he became strong, the large horn was broken, and in place of it four notable ones came up toward the four winds of heaven. 9 And out of one of them came a little horn which grew exceedingly great toward the south, toward the east, and toward the Glorious Land.

The "goat" was the Greece of Alexander The Great. After his death, his empire was divided between his 4 top generals, Seleucus, Ptolemy, Lysimachus, & Cassander. Scripture follows the kingdoms of Seleucus & Ptolemy right up to when Rome took them over. Those 2 kingdoms fought almost-constantly til Rome came along.

it's likely the antichrist will come from the descendants of someone in the Ptolemaic kingdom, as it ruled Egypt & Judea til Rome did. Now, let's see further Scripture about that little horn.

Daniel 8:
    10 And it grew up to the host of heaven; and it cast down some of the host and some of the stars to the ground, and trampled them. 11 He even exalted himself as high as the Prince of the host; and by him the daily sacrifices were taken away, and the place of f]">[f]His sanctuary was cast down. 12 Because of transgression, an army was given over to the horn to oppose the daily sacrifices; and he cast truth down to the ground. He did all this and prospered.

13 Then I heard a holy one speaking; and another holy one said to that certain one who was speaking, “How long will the vision be, concerning the daily sacrifices and the transgression of desolation, the giving of both the sanctuary and the host to be trampled underfoot?”

14 And he said to me, “For two thousand three hundred days; then the sanctuary shall be cleansed.”

Now, we see these events simply haven't yet happened. While some popes had great power, none ruled most of the world, none invaded Israel, and none interfered with the sacrifices.

The "abomination of desolation" will be when the antichrist enters the new temple the Jews will build in Jerusalem set up his statue in it & declare himself to be God. Very shortly after that, the great trib will begin.

So, YOUR imagination is 'WAY off-course!

[/I]

2. Reformed1689

Reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    So, in 100 words or less, what parts of the Torah are we supposed to follow to the letter and what parts are we not and why?

3. gaviria.christian

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    Way off. The little horn of the the goat is not the same as the little horn of the 4th beast of Daniel. Through the little horn of the goat came the abomination of desolation committed by Antiochus Epiphanes who desecrated the temple, then through the little horn of the 4th beast of Daniel came the Romans, who then committed their own abomination of desolation, and desecrated the temple through Titus, and then through the Roman emperors came Roman popes, who persecuted the people of God, and then eventually became Vatican City, the prostitute of Babylon, seated on the 7 mountains of Rome.

4. gaviria.christian

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    Anything not related to circumcision, foods, drinks, feasts, new moons, shabbaths, sacrifices, offerings, because under the new priesthood of the Messiah the Torah was changed, as revealed by the apostles who told us these matters of Torah no longer need to be observed. However, under the millennial covenant of the Messiah, these matters of the Torah will be required again, because more will be required from those future generations since they will have the Messiah living on the earth with them.

5. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ok, so what exactly do you think me and others are "discarding"?

Based on what?

6. gaviria.christian

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    Aside from you affirming that you think we do not have to obey the Torah, first hand I can presume you disobey these commands of the Torah,

1. You shave your face, from looking at your picture. The Torah instructs us to have beards, and to not destroy their corners. This relates to set-apartness.
    2. I presume that because you think you do not have to obey the Torah, you do not wear tzitzit on a four cornered garment. This also relates to set-apartness.
    3. I presume that because you think you do not have to obey the Torah, you have not affixed mezuzot on your doorposts or gates. This also relates to set-apartness.
    4. I presume that because you think you do not have to obey the Torah, that you think you are not obligated to share with the poor. This relates to doing "good".
    5. I presume that because you think you do not have to obey the Torah, that perhaps you think charging your brother interest on debts is okay, which is never mentioned in the New Testament.
    6. I presume that because you think you do not have to obey the Torah, you are not aware that having sex with a woman while she is menstruating is sin.
    7. I presume that because you think you do not have to obey the Torah, you are unaware that possessing paper money and fiat currency is sin, which fulfills the mark of the beast prophecy.

These are just a few example of sins I presume you commit because you have discarded the Torah.

7. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    First, this is just stupid nonsense.

Ok, when females are menstruating do you touch them at all for seven days? Lev. 15:19

You pick and choose what parts of the Torah you want to believe as some sort of self-righteousness. But we do not have to live like that anymore.

8. gaviria.christian

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    It is not stupid nonsense. Your ignorance and stubbornness is stupid nonsense. Nothing is unclean in of itself, according to the words of Paul, so touching a woman that is menstruating does not make us unclean, sin makes us unclean, according to the words of the Messiah also. However, because the menstruation of a woman involves blood, just as we are not permitted to eat blood, so in likewise manner we are not permitted to have sex with a woman while she is in her flow of blood. I do not pick and choose what I want to obey, I obey what I am required to obey, to the point of even getting rid of all paper money and fiat currency, which is a higher burden of righteousness because the mark of the beast is here, in the form of paper money and fiat currency, which breaks the command of the Torah, "you shall have righteous balances and weights".

9. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ah so you ignore the Torah!

It says you can't even touch her. That is more than just sex. You DO pick and choose.

Yeah, where is that in Scripture?

10. gaviria.christian

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    I do not ignore the Torah, I obey it through belief in Yeshuah, whereas you discard it, because you think it has been done away with. It is clear from the writings of the apostles that the Torah has changed, which is why there are matters of Torah that are not required under the covenant. If putting up a tent on sukkot were required, I would have no problem doing it, but because I know it is not required, then I do not do it, and rather, concern myself with what is indeed required, such as getting rid of paper money and fiat currency, which is in itself a greater burden. Read my bible study regarding the mark of the beast, http://www.wisdomofgod.us/2019/01/07/what-the-mark-of-the-beast-is-and-the-meaning-of-666/ .

And if you want a lengthy explanation also identifying the beasts of Daniel and Revelation read this one, The Identity of the Beast of Revelation, the Antichrist, the Prostitute of Babylon, the Mark of the Beast, and the Meaning of 666 | Wisdom of God .

11. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    I love how you just glossed over my post and didn't deal with anything I actually said. That is the sure sign you know you lost the debate.

12. gaviria.christian

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    I've explained everything coherently, but you deliberately refuse to understand, because ultimately whether I explain it from the left or explain it from the right you do not want to obey the Torah. Can't help you there buddy.

13. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    Still ignoring my point. That's fine but it shows you can't actually debate this.

14. gaviria.christian

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    I already told you several times, that there are specific matters of Torah that are no longer binding under the new covenant. Why is this so difficult to understand? I will give you an example, a student is given 10 rules to obey by his teacher on a certain day, then the next day, the teacher decides to modify 1 rule, then remove 1 of the other rules, then add a 1 new rule, so the student is left with 9 rules to obey, and among those 9, 1 rule is new and 1 rule is modified from the previous set of rules. That is us in our current time under the new covenant. But then the student hated the rules to begin with, so rather than obey the 9 rules that were left, he decides to discard all the rules and not obey any of them, simply because the teacher decided to change the rules. That is you.

15. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    Right, but you have shown that you don't have clear reasoning on what you follow and what you don't. It is this weird abstract principle that is not found in Scripture.

16. gaviria.christian

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    It is found in scripture. The Messiah told us, "I did not come to abolish the Torah", meaning the Torah is still binding, then in the epistles we are told, "circumcision is of no avail" and "let no one judge you be food, drink, feasts, new moons or shabbaths" and "when there is a change in priesthood then there is a change in Torah", which in all means, that the Torah is still binding, but the Torah has changed, so while there are matters of Torah that are not required of us, all other matters of Torah are still required. [Insults removed]

#116 gaviria.christian, Nov 6, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2019
  17. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    Finish His sentence.

18. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

If you want large numbers to respond to your posts,
    make a wild hair prediction; sit back; and enjoy the differing opinions! Thus you have a successful post.

This guy should write sci-fi.

19. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread is still a thing?

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. Oseas3

Oseas3 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Just like you, there is a legion of demons spread in almost all Gentile nations and with most concentration of them in Israel, which confess obedience to the Torah that is read in the synagogues by the esoteric/spiritist/Kabbalistic Rabbis, just the Devil likes, and it is really good for him, no? You work for the Devil's kingdom, not for God's Kingdom. By the way,

I am in the Truth, if I denied the Truth of God, I would be a liar like you and your father, the Devil, you are a seed of him. You were born only from the Devil, you were not born of God, you were not born of the water and of the Spirit, reason by which you speak and write only tares by the spirit of Devil within you.

The messages I have posted here in many topics, and also out of here, proof the contrary of what you are saying about myself. You say that because you are possessed by the spirit of lie, the spirit of Devil, by the way, all things you have preached here and out of here are false, you are a liar, a deceiver, a stumbling block.

Get behind us, Satan! You are a stumblingblock in the path of a true Christian people, your thinking is from a human and satanic perspective, not from God’s perspective.

Now, even now, henceforwards, Satan will be cast down into the bottomless pit, but his followers will be cast into the hell's fire. You are lost.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.