1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured eVangelism in the hood

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Deacon, Oct 19, 2015.

1. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    From the article:
    Deante Smith’s younger sister, Deja Ward, said Monday evening that her brother, who was killed Sunday, went to City of God Ministry on Grand River near Lahser to get closure with the pastor before pursuing counseling with his wife.

The couple had previously lived with the pastor, whom Smith considered a mentor and called dad, Ward said.

“The pastor had had issues with the man before,” he added. “He had been threatening him to do bodily harm. He walked into the service and went after the pastor with a brick. The pastor pulled out his Glock and fired several shots. I think he hit him four or five times, and the man died.”

How about: "Put that brick down or I'll be forced to shoot you." Why wasn't that said by the pastor before he shot the man?

2. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

How about don't threaten someone with a brick and you won't get shot?

Stop blaming the victim/guy protecting himself.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Hmm - seems the "innocent man" who just wanted to get closure wanted that closure with a dead pastor. Sorry. The pastor still was justified to shoot the man.

4. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Where is your proof the pastor planned to kill him? All you have is questions. No doubt, some of the same questions the authorities will have. But you have offered no proof. And you won't, unless new evidence comes to light.

Still a clear cut case of self defense against an attacker who had verbally threatened his life and was now attempting to make good on his threat.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. 777

777 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is no proof that the pastor wanted to shoot him, but there's plenty of proof that the guy with the brick went after the pastor:

http://www.examiner.com/article/pastor-shoots-kills-would-be-attacker-during-church-service

which is why the pastor was released and cleared. The guy had a hammer as well as a brick. You have a right to defend yourself (in your own church, in this case) with a gun in Detroit if there's a crazy guy stalking you, busts into your service and is wielding deadly weapons.

6. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I hope his congregation flees from him.

I think there's a possibility the crooked pastor may still be charged. I've read about cases like this before where the two cheaters conspire to get the husband to confront one of the cheaters, usually the man. And "in defense", one of the cheaters kills the husband and they are then free to be together.

Something about this sounds too coincidental and neat.

Pre-meditated murder.

I think Law & Order had an episode similar to this a long time ago.

7. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Apparently it was suicide by pastor rather than pre-meditated murder.

8. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So what will the church do?
    Should the pastor step down?
    I wonder how the welcome committee will dress this one up.

No matter what the cause this is a BAD reflection of the body of Christ.

Rob

9. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

What do you think would have been a GOOD reflection? If the pastor cowered from his attacker and allow himself to be beat with a brick?

10. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

He 100% needs to step down. He killed the man whose wife he allegedly impregnated. He needs to be knocked down.

I can kinda agree with this if the reason for the husband approaching him was what I've read. He can be viewed as a pastor who had an affair with the wife of another member of his congregation. Not only had an affair, but got her pregnant too. And to boot, shot and killed the husband of the woman with whom he was having an affair and impregnated.

Help us JESUS!!!

#30 Zaac, Oct 21, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2015