1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Evolutionary Creationism

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by quantumfaith, Dec 26, 2014.

1. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

This is nothing but sissy, liberal Christianity. I will believe in my heart that God did it the way the Bible says. I will also proudly proclaim in public that God did it the way the Bible says.

2. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Curiously I agree with both of you [minus the provocative "sissy, liberal"-talk].

I agree with Quantum's position on creation's methodology
    ...and I believe in my heart that God did it the way the Bible says.
    I will also proudly proclaim in public that God did it the way the Bible says.

Betcha Quantum would agree too!

Can you wrap you mind around that, Matt?

Rob

3. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

I will proudly proclaim as well. I am no sissy sir. I hope that I do not one day have to prove that to you.

4. Jordan Kurecki

Jordan Kurecki Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Because of sin....

This is basic bible doctrine. without shedding of blood is no remission of sins..

it's the dying of something innocent in our place..

5. Jordan Kurecki

Jordan Kurecki Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Gen 1:21 And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

Gen 1:24 And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.

1Co 15:39 All flesh is not the same flesh: but there is one kind of flesh of men, another flesh of beasts, another of fishes, and another of birds.

Gen 2:1 Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.

If evolution and it's processes are true, than the process of "creation" would still be taking place today.

Also... it's pretty much impossible for the amount of species we see today to have happened by cycles of death and rebirth over and over and over again. in a matter of what? 6 days? Also... there's not even time for the gestation periods of the animals...sorry but 6 days is not enough time to account for all the animals.... unless of course it was completely supernaturally done by God.

Mar 10:6 But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female

Not sure if you believe in a old earth....but in case you were going to go there and argue that days represent ages or 1,000s of years... or whatever you were gonna come up with, this verse refutes you.

6. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Keep up the good work quantum.

7. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The truth though is that science and the scriptures are in agreement, as long as one takes a literal and consistent viewpoint on the Bible, and holds to it being fully infallible and trustworthy...

Evolution though does nOT have scientific facts to support its notions, amd does deny the essentials of the faith such as creation and th fall, orogoims of Man, the sin issues and redeemer etc!

8. quantumfaith

My guess is that you know very little about science, particularly the science of evolutionary biology. I also guess that you have either never read any respectable scholars of scripture and or science (or have done very little) who are in anyway dissonant with your position and perspective.

I have love and respect for anyone who maintains a YEC approach, but it diminishes for anyone who does not attempt or make an effort to understand the scientific knowledge, facts and theories.

I agree with you, there is no dissonance between the revelation of truth that scripture unveils and the revelation of the natural world which science seeks to understand.

You might begin by reading the following Prologue and Introduction to a book by John Walton.

http://www.monergism.com/thethreshold/sdg/lostworldofgenesisintroduction.pdf

Oh my goodness.....lookie there a monergism site. :)

9. matt wade

The classic "Young Earthers are ignorant and unlearned" argument. Only problem with that is that the Bible tells us to have faith, not read a bunch of stuff from "scholars".

10. quantumfaith

You sure make a boat load of assumptions. I bet you rarely step out of whatever comfort zone you have for yourself.

Ignorant.....yes in the strict sense and definition of the word

lacking knowledge, information, or awareness about something in particular.
    "they were ignorant of astronomy"
    synonyms: without knowledge of, unaware of, unconscious of, oblivious to, incognizant of, unfamiliar with, unacquainted with, uninformed about, ill-informed about, unenlightened about, unconversant with, inexperienced in/with, naive about, green about

If YOU choose to remain ignorant....then that is what is sad.

11. matt wade

I already have the ultimate authority on the subject, God's Word. Why do I need to read outside of His Word to determine the truth of something?

Are you suggesting that someone that relies only on God's Word for truth is ignorant?

12. quantumfaith

If you are relying on scripture to inform you relative to science, yes. Scripture has no intention on being a scientific manual.

13. matt wade

I don't need hard science to tell me how the world was formed. God's Word clearly states that it happened by His command and happened in six days.

14. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Still curious quantum!

Has macro evolution ever been experimentally demonstrated?

15. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Questions for the scientific minds of men:

1) If the earth (and our solar system) formed from a presolar nebula which contained ejecta from at least one prior supernova, how do we know our dates do not reflect the age of nebula debris formations?

2) If all the species evolved from other species, from what did the first species evolve?

3) Could the Bible, Job 38, be right and we do not know how God created everything?

16. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  17. quantumfaith

Yeah right!! A rare case in which two positive terma form a negative. Pot kettle thingy.

18. quantumfaith

Sometime back in some other thread I provided you with extensive links to various line of evidence supporting evolutionary theory. Not able on my phone. But my guess is you reject any such evidence. But PM me later and I will try to locate them.

19. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

I am not asking about what evolutionary scientists call evidence? In the link you presented in the OP Hardin makes the claim:

And I agree with that statement. However I am asking:

20. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was college trained and educated on all of the Evolution and Old earth "scientific facts:, and once the Lord saved me, I started to research this on my own, and cannot see how a consistent Christian who holds to a literal and inerrant view on the scriptures can support evolution from it!

Old and new earth to me a seperate discussion...