1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Evolutionary Creationism

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by quantumfaith, Dec 26, 2014.

1. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Careful, you're talking about something that doesn't FIT the theor -- er -- uh the evolution facts! :smilewinkgrin:

2. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You know, if I was told that some superior being (?) used the evolution method by trial & error to accomplish "creation", I could accept that far, FAR quicker than as taught today.
    But for some reason (?) I really can't fathom the Creator I know using a trial & error method to get the results He wants. :thumbs:

3. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

What does the fact that this is a Baptist site have to with discusing any model except for perhaps naturalistic models?

4. Jordan Kurecki

Jordan Kurecki Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    the design inference argues the existence of a designer based on high improbability and complexity, and the existence of information.

5. quantumfaith

I see many respected theologians and christian thinkers who make that precise point.....the anthropic principle. I think it is a VERY convincing argument based on reason.

6. Jordan Kurecki

Jordan Kurecki Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am still waiting for you to respond to Irreducible Complexity.

7. quantumfaith

I "personally" think IR is a great concept and have great respect for it.....and have said so before. For "me" it is one observation which I believe argues convincingly against naturalistic ( neo-darwininan) evolution.

I like Behe and his ideas.

I will also state that there are also some strong arguments explaining such in purely biological processes.

You should understand.....I am NOT naturalist in my thinking.

8. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Unless those advocating Evolutionary Creationism are able to answer these questions, the whole idea lacks credibility.
    1) If the earth (and our solar system) formed from a presolar nebula which contained ejecta from at least one prior supernova, how do we know our dates do not reflect the age of nebula debris formations?

2) If all the species evolved from other species, from what did the first species evolve?

3) Could the Bible, Job 38, be right and we do not know how God created everything? ​

9. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Something to read from, it doesn't have to be a faith or science decision, you can have both

http://buff.ly/1xw2BFk