1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Faith is the result of Election !

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by Brightfame52, Feb 1, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This garbage has gone on long enough ! I posted the plain Scriptures that say "whoever". You haven't posted any that say, "whoever if elect". You haven't posted any because THERE AREN'T ANY! Time to drop your calvinist trash ! It's phony as a $3 bill.

2. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here's a SCRIPTURAL reminder, & PROOFyour calvinist garbage is false !

John 3:15-16“Therefore whoever confesses Me before men, him I will also confess before My Father who is in heaven. For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."

Acts 2:21 "And it shall come to pass That whoever calls on the name of the Lord Shall be saved."

Acts 10:43 "To Him all the prophets witness that, through His name, whoever believes in Him will receive remission of sins.”

Romans 10:13 "For “whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.”

NOT ONE "WHOEVER IF ELECT" ! And who does "whoever" exclude ?????????????????????????

Time for your Scripture-denying to end on this BIBLE-BELIEVING board before you lead some newbie into your horse feathers !

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Silverhair

Silverhair Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have been using scripture to point out his errors but he has blinded himself to anything but his own imagination of what the text says.

He wants us to believe his version but he will not even say if God is sovereign so I have to conclude that his god is not.

4. Brightfame52

Brightfame52 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    @Silverhair

You confused, the God of Heaven isnt doubleminded Job 23:13-14

13 But he[God] is in one mind, and who can turn him? and what his soul desireth, even that he doeth.

14 For he[God] performeth the thing that is appointed for me: and many such things are with him.

5. Silverhair

Faith:
    Baptist
    The sovereign God of the bible is not double minded but the ineffectual god that you imagine most certainly is.

Plus you have made you limited god duplicitous. He says he want all to come to a knowledge of the truth so as to be saved when he actually is going to send the vast majority to hell because he decided not to allow them to trust in him. That's quite the god that you follow.

6. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    Who sent them a strong delusion to believe a lie that they be damned ?

7. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Brother a corporate he hath chosen, not election, occured before the foundation of the world. That word is never translated election. See Mark 13:20. And it can be argued faith is the reason for God choosing per James 2:5, not adding those words "to be." Then there is 1 Corinthians 1:27-28 too.

8. Silverhair

Faith:
    Baptist
    God sent the delusion but He sent it because they freely chose to reject Him. Which is contrary to your view that He caused them to reject Him because they were not one of the so called "elect"

9. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    After sending them strong delusion does He want them to believe and be saved?

10. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why do you continue to deny that it was Abraham's faith that was credited as righteousness to him? And why did you post Romans 4:11 for the verse does not support your mistaken view. Abraham is the "father" of all those who "believe," that righteousness might also be credited to their faith.

11. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Obfuscation on display, his claim seems to deny scripture says those chosen to be God's people were once not a people. 1 Peter 2:9-10

12. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I see no need to quibble about some distinction you draw between election for salvation and chosen for salvation.

Act 9:15 But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:

The word translated chosen is also translated election by the KJV.

#172 Van, Feb 8, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2024
  13. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No. Not per G1586 ἐκλέγομαι

[G1588 & G1589 are from G1586 is what you are seeing. compare Mark 13:20 G1588, G1586 both used in distinction]

#173 37818, Feb 8, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2024
  14. Silverhair

Faith:
    Baptist
    This was answered in post # 159 but I will copy it here so you can read it again.

BF you are confusing what God desires and what He does in response to the free actions of people. As you quoted in your post ""...because they did not receive the love of the truth so as to be saved." 2Th 2:10

His desire as stated is that all will come to salvation but since He does not force them to do so. He has allowed man to have a LFW. The fact that He blinds them is in response to their continued rejection of Him.

That is what the sovereign God of the bible does.

Your continued misreading of the text of the bible results in your ineffectual god of your own making doing what you need him to do.

15. Silverhair

Faith:
    Baptist
    Faith is Faith. One is only accounted as righteous if they have faith in Christ Jesus. @Van you can keep trying to make faith righteous but faith is an idea a conclusion about information / facts. it is neither righteous or unrighteous.

You want to call faith righteous then go for it, it"s not biblical but then I have seen a number of non-biblical ideas presented on here.

16. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    Okay you answered, doesnt change nothing, God doesnt desire the Salvation and belief of the Truth to them He sends a strong delusion to believe a lie.

17. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I explained the 'strong delusion' once, from its context. No comments from you on the Scriptures I posted. IMO, you're just a quack who doesn't belong on a Christian board.

18. Silverhair

Faith:
    Baptist
    That does not change the fact that God desires that all, not just some as you seem to think, would come to repentance and trust in Christ Jesus for their salvation.

I have a brother and a brother in law that have both flat out denied Christ and yet I still pray that they will repent and turn to Christ for their salvation. Does that mean that I have more concern for them that God does? NO But under your way of thinking it would.

You do not understand the love of God for His creation. Actually you want to limit God's love. I am not sure what you think of God as you will not even say if He is sovereign.

19. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    God desires all the elect to be saved. Not the reprobates He sends a strong delusion to believe a lie.

20. Silverhair

Faith:
    Baptist
    You keep making these wild off the wall comments but have no biblical support for them. Where are you getting these errant views from? What people are telling you these lies.

I had another member say I should not refer to someone as a hyper calvinist. So would it be better if I just said you were misguided or ill-informed.

You have been consistent in your denial of clear scripture so perhaps it is neither but rather just a willful blindness to the truth.

Either way I will pray the Sovereign God of the bible will see fit to open your eyes to the truth of His inspired word.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.