1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Family Starves 32-Year-Old Man With Down Syndrome to Death

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Jun 30, 2013.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Charges have been filed in connection with the murder of a 32-year-old man with Down syndrome — starved to death by his own family.

Robert Gensiak’s own family starved him to the point that his body was wasting away at a mere 69 pounds. His sisters prevented him from receiving appropriate medical care even when his body was covered with open sores and wounds from their confining him to his bed for a period of two years.

http://www.lifenews.com/2013/06/24/family-starves-32-year-old-man-with-down-syndrome-to-death/

Not sure why they are filing charges here. It was legally done to Terri Schivo in Florida.

2. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I hope they get life sentences. But even then, they will be provided by the people what they refused their son and brother - food and medical care.

This kind of thing makes me ill. All I can think of is - in complete sarcasm and abject cynicism is - wouldn't a bullet to his head been quicker and more painless?

Murder is murder - whether it took 2 years or 2 seconds. But they had to add torture to it. I just can't fathom this.

3. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

That is so disgusting - and it looks like in the photo, his sister (or his mom - not sure who it was) was well fed. :(

4. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What's the big deal? Terri Schiavo was worse than starved and neither Bush would lift a finger to save her life.