1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Finally an end to birtherism?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by NaasPreacher (C4K), Apr 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Political games? I'd call it political astuteness.

Look at the timing of the release of his birth certificate. Donald Trump was supposed to make a grand entrance into New Hampshire while campaigning for the Republican nomination. Instead he looks like a fool as he has to answer questions about why he championed the birther issue. Then he cites a CNN poll showing him (allegedly) neck-and-neck with Obama. Problem is there was no CNN poll.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.co...s-cnn-poll-but-cnn-didnt-conduct-such-a-poll/

2. mandym

mandym New Member

Actually he has always said he did not know and just wanted proof. There is no looking like a fool. And Obama has spent lots of money to withhold it. That is what looks foolish.

3. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Instead of having a rousing day campaigning Trump is sidetracked answering questions. Isn't citing a non-existent poll a little bit foolish looking?

Could you show me where Obama has spent lots of money to withhold his birth certificate? Because as far as I know, the state of Hawaii has privacy laws forbidding anyone from obtaining someone else's birth certificate without that person's permission. I don't see how this would take "lots of money to withhold it."

4. targus

targus New Member

I'd say Trump made Obama look weak.

Obama was finally forced to do something that he apparently did not want to do.

Trump is now asking about Obama's college records - another thing that Obama to date has refused to release.

Let's see if he folds on that too.

5. mandym

mandym New Member

http://www.conservapedia.com/Obama_birth_certificate_lawsuits

6. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Watch the video. It is all over youtube!

7. targus

targus New Member

Actually, there was a poll that was reported by CNN but conducted by Newsweek.

A small mistake - but hardly "foolish".

So where do you think that the birth certificate was for all this time?

8. mandym

mandym New Member

Hardly convincing

9. targus

targus New Member

10. mandym

mandym New Member

And not even a small mistake. If it was reported by CNN and that is where Trump saw it then he was exactly correct.

11. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Legitimate questions? Hardly. This all started with a Hillary supporter making things up to benefit her. Like the president I am amazed that it got anywhere. It was the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen that 'took off.'

What is Fox News going to talk about now?

12. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Good points. Whereas the president is merely a poor leader with no experience, Trump borders on buffoonery.

13. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I know I am a citizen, so why should I have to show my birth certificate to prove I am a citizen of the US to obtain a US passport?

There was a reasonable doubt about his actual birthplace.
    It would be like a person who was arrested for a crime - he goes before the Grand Jury to determine if there enough evidence to continue the trial.

This actually birth certificate now acquits the President. No need to go to "general trial".

disclaimer: I have always maintained that I was reasonably sure he was actually born in Hawaii - but I also maintain he needed to show his actual birth certificate to erase any doubt due to his position as being one of the 3 most powerful men (also Speaker of House and Chief Justice)

#33 Salty, Apr 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2011
  14. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Where did the 'reasonable doubt' come from?

All of us have to show our birth certificates to the proper authorities, we don't have to show anyone who asks. Why did the president have to show his to the whole nation when none of us have to do that?

15. mandym

mandym New Member

Quite honestly this should be already understood. Not sure of the real reason for asking it.

16. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

You, after having dealt with atheists and agnostics for years I am absolutely not surprised when people won't accept plain and simple evidences when presented to them.

The position of the birthers is so foolish it is surprising that it still exists. At this point their vitriol for the President is clearly shown and no amount of evidence will be enough to convince them.

17. NaasPreacher (C4K)

No other president has been forced to show their birth certificate to the general populace - why this one?

This was a masterful political stroke - what will the opposition talk about now? The campaign is only a year away, they had better come up with some issues.

18. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Like I said - even this will not convince folks.

19. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  20. mandym

mandym New Member

Either you do not watch the news enough or you are just carrying the water for Obama in a foolish way because this has not been the only issue out there discussed. Far from it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.