1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Finally an end to birtherism?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by NaasPreacher (C4K), Apr 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mandym

mandym New Member

No source is objective. Did you read the info at all. If you had your question would have been answered before you asked it.

2. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I know thats the first source I go to for facts :)

3. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In a filing cabinet at the Hawaii county that collects birth certificates for the hospital where Obama was born. Hawaii has privacy laws that prohibit anyone from getting someone else's birth certificate.

4. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I will always wonder why someone would spend millions and take over 2 years to release such a mundane piece of documentation.

Like Clinton , who lied for 13 months, led a nation to distraction, Obama deliberately allows this distraction for over 2 years.

I think simple arrogance may be the answer.

5. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sure I read the "information."

If you really want to know the truth you need to go to the actual FEC filings for "Obama for America" PAC, which can be found here:

http://query.nictusa.com/cgi-bin/dcdev/forms/C00431445/

Go ahead, look at some of the timeframes that Conservapedia claims this money was spent in. Use your "find" function and search for "legal" or "attorney" and let me know how many results you find.

For example, for period 11/25/08 to 12/31/08
    http://query.nictusa.com/cgi-bin/dcdev/forms/C00431445/400851/

Click on Schedule B Filings (itemized disbursements) and look for legal fees, or attorneys, or private investigators.

6. mandym

mandym New Member

So what you are suggesting is that out of all the law suits filed against Obama to release his BC he never defended against any of them? I just want to be clear here what you are saying.

7. targus

targus New Member

But that is not what the Govenor and the Secretary of Human Services was saying.

They said that it could not be located.

Wasn't there also some previous claim that it had been destroyed when they computerized and archived the documents.

If so, how did this document rematerialize?

8. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's not been established that millions was spent preventing the release of the birth certificate. I've just posted links to the FEC website and to the PAC "Obama for America" election filings. In my quick scan of several quarters of spending in 2008 and 2009 I didn't see any legal fees, attorney fees, private investigator fees, etc.

Because up until now Obama has been benefiting by people raising this issue and wasting time pursuing it. It's a sideshow distraction to his real agenda of transferring wealth. But Trump's birther 'campaign' has had an effect in that polls now show a majority of Republicans don't believe Obama was born in the U.S. For Obama this was a tipping point. If he wants to be re-elected he's going to have to capture independent voters and yes, Republicans. Therefore, letting conspiracy nuts run with this issue had reached the end of usefulness for Obama and he released his birth certificate.

9. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    <Sigh> And what is your source for this allegation? World Net Daily? Or what?

10. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ahh, spending money on lawsuits brought by birthers wasn't the original contention, was it? The contention was that $2M was spent by Obama to thwart the release of his birth certificate.

I am saying that the source given for the amount of money spent on defending against discovery of the birth certificate is bogus.

For all I know these crackpot lawsuits that were filed were defended by lawyers in the Democratic Party for free. And we'd have to look at the actual lawsuits filed to see if they demanded the birth certificate released.

11. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Let me be clear: I am a conservative. I can't stand Obama and I hope he is soundly defeated in 2012. But this whole birth certificate conspiracy crap is a giant diversion from real issues. And it makes the right look like idiots.

12. mandym

mandym New Member

What? They are the same thing.

And you have nothing(not even the link you posted) to back that up. Just because it wasn't spent from one source does not mean it wasn't spent.

Nice water pot your carrying there.

13. mandym

mandym New Member

It is not a diversion, it is not an either or scenario.

14. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Wait - did I write that? It sounds like me, but I don't remember actually posting it :)

15. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No they are not.

Whoa... I ask for a source for the $2M spent on preventing the birth certificate from being released. You post a link to Conservapedia which gave dates and a PAC, "Obama for America". I go to the Federal Elections Commission and look up expenditures by "Obama for America" PAC during that time frame and I don't see any expenditures on the thing we are discussing.

You realize that you are saying (paraphrasing) "Just because the source I posted was bogus and just because there is no other source doesn't mean it didn't happen anyway."

16. FR7 Baptist

FR7 Baptist Active Member

When I got my passport I had to show a birth certificate, but not the original one.

17. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This one today doesn't seem to have a seal - don't think the first one did either, could be wrong.

This is a copy from the left edge and copied onto the green paper since originals from this time were white - couple years later anyway were white.

18. mandym

mandym New Member

uh, yes they are

Maybe, if you are struggling to understand what I post, you can ask for clarification rather than twist my words. That is not what I said at all. But it is a weak and less than honest debate tactic.

19. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    did your BC copy have a raised seal?

20. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OK, I ask again--where is the proof that Obama spent $2M on preventing the release of his birth certificate?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.