1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Fiorina: An act of desperation by Cruz???

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by righteousdude2, Apr 28, 2016.

1. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, and a true story.
    DeNiro played the role of a man who was in a vegetative state.
    Robin Williams played the doctor who worked at the institution where he lived.

He used a drug called L-Dopa, it "awakened" him and he was normal for a while but the drug became more and more ineffective and DeNiro slipped back into oblivion.

Not that Carly is vegetative - anything but that.
    However your phrase "pushed back into oblivion" made me think of the character DeNiro played.

HankD

2. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Zaac, no one ever would accuse you of advocating a conservative theology or agreeing with a conservative theology so save your time.

3. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Awww, testy testy now. Had to go personal because you know there is no Caesar requirement to vote. [​IMG]

My conservative theology obviously allows me a better grip on God's word than the one you have.

Besides, if there were a government requirement to vote, the GOP, simply based on numbers would rarely if ever win a national election.

#63 Zaac, May 4, 2016
    Last edited: May 4, 2016
  4. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Zaac, there is nothing personal in calling you a religious leftist. You yourself have said that you disagree with conservative boilerplate. Also, I don't understand how you have veered into a government requirement to vote unless you are talking about a theocracy. The religious right merely says that you should vote, among other obligations to your country, and a frequently used verse is render unto Caesar, which appears in Matthew, Mark, and Luke, as you know. There is no talk of a government mandate. I myself have long ago rejected religious leftist theology because I believe Scripture is perfect. Really, you have made your point.

5. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Pure foolishness. Continue to play the whole left and right game with your politics. I t has no affect on my more conservative than you'll ever have adherence to God's word.

Wrong again. I disagree with politically conservatives who , like you, want to equate your political conservatism to being a conservative when it comes to God's word.

Are you drunk or something today? YOU are the one who said Caesar requires us to vote.

Again stop trying to equate your right leaning politics to be the equivalent of Scripture. I don't have an obligation to this country to vote.

You said

So show me where government mandates that I vote in an election. You typed it now show us where it's mandated.

Again, save your repeated attempts to mix religion with your politics as though your politics mean anything. There is no right or left when speaking of God's word. You either divide it correctly or incorrectly. You continue to divide it incorrectly.

6. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry, Zaac, but this is not my opinion but the opinion of Evangelical Protestants and even some Catholics, whom I have quoted. Everyone understands that you disagree with this theology. So what?

7. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

So what? They are wrong and so are you.WinkWinkWinkWink

Everyone knows that I agree with Scripture while you continue to try and justify something that isn't there. So where does Scripture say there's a requirement to vote? If that were the case, all you wonderful folks who claim to be "religious" conservatives should be doing everything in your power to make sure that everyone gets to vote. Rather the GOP and those on the right keep attempting to make it more difficult for everyone to vote.

So either yall don't want everyone to vote, or yall don't think it a government requirement that everyone be required to vote.

So called political conservatives who like to equate their politics to being a conservative Christian have called for an exam to be passed to be able to vote.

So either the lot of you believe it is a requirement or you are wrong as many on your far right side continue to try and suppress voting.

8. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Zaac, even the SBC uses the verse in discussing citizen's duties. Regan called for small government so I would not want the government to require everyone to vote. If you yourself believe in abortion, you are not a Fundamentalist.

9. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

And? God is God all by Himself. The SBC doesn't get to change what Scripture says.

Of course I believe in abortion. People have had millions of them. They aren't like the mythical unicorn.;)

And if you've paid any attention to what I've said over the years, such a candidate would fail all three of my first three requirements to even get out the gate as someone I could consider supporting.