1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Fourth cop shot this week ...

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by righteousdude2, Jun 25, 2016.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://abcnews.go.com/US/cop-shot-times-investigating-drug-activity-philadelphia/story?id=40106099

In Philadelphia, a cop was shot seven times while investigating drug activity. That is thr fourth cop in five days. The on in Louisiana was shot and killed on Monday with his own gun; two cops were wounded in L.A. Wednesday night, and last night this one in PA. It is a dangerous business , police work, and as far as I'm concerned, when a cop feels their life is threatened, I see no problem with a shoot first mentality. This week, three of the four will live to see another roll call, but, ever since Ferguson, the target on the backs of our men and women in blue have been put in jeoprady most because of the rants of the Sharptons, Jackson's and BLM protesters of this world. And because of a POTUS who has spent more time on pointing out the evil of the police, instead of pointing out the need for blacks to quit killing blacks, i.e., Chicago and now in Chicago west( San Bernardino which recorded its thirtieth murder this year).

The world, and our American streets, are more dangerous then ever, and we have elecyed leaders who lack vision in making it their goal to fund inner city programs to help the kids get work for the long hot summer months.

I'd love to see the old Summer Youth Employment Program be revived. It may not bring and end to the senseless murders and rise in crime, but it would get tons of inner city youth doing something positive, and maybe save some precious lives.

Do you think our taxes should be put to work getting inner city youth jobs for the summer, in order to cut down shootings, drugs, and other crime activities?
    Wouldn't this be a better use of time and money by our politicians ... and something to ENHANCE Mr. Obama's legacy as president? Gun control is not the answer. It is just an excuse to cover the more in-
    depth problems facing inner city youth and crime.