1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Fox News Promotes Astrology

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Marcia, Jan 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

They get what they think are useful results. But it is a system condemned by God and is thoroughly evil (I used to be an astrologer).

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you a born again believer that claims Jesus as your Lord?

3. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Astrology is just superstition. Nothing more, nothing less. It is silly, but to ascribe some supernatural power to it is as silly as believing in it at all.

4. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Actually, it's more than superstition. It has a demonic element in it as well. Most astrologers, like myself (in the past), have spirit guides. A lot of astrology is based on knowledge of human nature, coincidence, the client's desire to believe, and the client reading things into what the astrologer says, but there is definitely a demonic element.

I think the woman in Acts 16 having a demon cast out of here shows us that there is a demonic element in the occult (though this does not mean all or even most people in the occult are possessed).

I did charts sometimes for people I never met and would get a lot of things right. Also, when doing a chart, I often felt "guided" through it, and sometimes specific words or pictures would come into my head that were accurate.

To dismiss it as mere superstition is a mistake and underestimates the demonic element. I am not saying we need to overestimate it, but we should be aware of its real nature.

5. Magnetic Poles

You are entitled to your opinion. :thumbs:

6. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Well, it's more than an opinion. It's backed up by scripture. And not to brag, but I am considered an expert on the occult and New Age and am consulted on it, asked to write on it, be on the radio on it, and to give talks on it.

7. Magnetic Poles

Like I said... :laugh:

Now my opinion is it only has whatever credence the adherent puts on it.

8. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Well, you clearly have not been involved in anything occultic for a period of time. It's not a joke.

9. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

MP, if you ever come across the book, The Beautiful Side of Evil by Johanna Michaelsen, read it. The apostle Paul tells us that we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Eph 6:12 This verse is an acknowledgement that there are powers and principalities, powers of darkness. There are people who do not believe nor seek the righteous and holy God who made all creation and existed before anything was made: There are people who worship and believe in the darkside and many have sold their souls to the dark side, believing that they can tap into its power for their own benefit, power, fame, and fortune. Many types of fortune or 'future' tellers, popular muscians, people in politics and business, etc., have either had their bush and dance with the darkside.... or have given themselves over to it. Do they get 'help' from the darkside.... some would say 'yes' .... but at a high price .......their soul. We are told that God has his limits of patience and tolerance and gives some over to their delusions. In the end, this is what such activity and delving into various forms of spiritism and devil worship is...... delusional, because, even the powers of darkness operate under the permission from the authority of God until such time as He has appointed to judge once and for all and purge all evil from his kingdom, and all creation, of heaven and earth.

People may call such 'superstition', and though this may seem to be a way of dismissing the curiosity of some who are not yet grounded in the Word of God and in a relationship bought by the blood of the Lamb of God, it really does not do justice to either the dangerous influence of these powers nor the warfare and constant vigilance which is required of us to be on guard, and warn others, and faithful in prayer.

Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Stand therfore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteoousness; And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shalll be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: Praying always with all prayer and suplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perserverance and supplication for all saints; Ephesians 6; 13-18.

Regarding astrology: The heavens declare the glory of God! We can study astronomy, but we worship God who made it all. If we have concerns regarding our future or the future of this world.... God has given us his prophetic word and He knows the end from the very beginning: Why else would or should one trust any other.... even if they seem to be right in their fortune telling for a time? When we seek God for the answers, we are worshipping him and giving him honor and due and only he is true: When we seek our help and the answers to our questions from anyother, we are practicing witchcraft and committing idolatry. No man can serve two masters. One is life and the other is death. One is good and the other is evil. We are the servant of the master we choose.... but once the choice is made it is hard to escape if the wrong choice is made. :godisgood: :jesus: :thumbs:

10. billwald

billwald New Member

>Are you a born again believer that claims Jesus as your Lord?

I am operating under that assumption, "working out my salvation" as the Bible instructs; continuing good works (see 1 John) being the only possible objective criterium for election.

Long time ago I several warm, fuzzy spiritual experiences but after reading the Bible several times cover to cover I learned that all humans are basically liars and mostly we lie to ourselves. I trust the Creator of the Universe to do what is right, as Abraham suggested.

11. Magnetic Poles

Not the Beatles...how innocent was their music compared to some today..."I want to hold your hand".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.