1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Free Will Proves The Sovereignty of God

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by DrJamesAch, Jul 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Does it make you feel good or superior to make personal attacks? Your whole posts is riddled with personal attacks.

I asked you a question or did you not see the question mark? Forget it! I shouldn't have ask the question or responded to this post.

2. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    One of the tactics of Calvinists is to sidetrack discussion. Rather than discussing free will and exhaustive determinism, we are talking about arguments against the man.

Did God decree, predestine, and ordain each and every sin? Yes according to the WCF. But, presenting a logical absurdity, they then say God is not the author of sin. They say God decrees everything, primary causes, secondary causes, whatever causes, but is not the author of sin. And then they dance, dance, dance, shucking and jiving all night long.

3. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What would Van do without shucking and jiving? :laugh:

4. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I have explained my view on this clearly at least three times. I illustrated with the maze example.

God has decreed the existence of sin through moral beings accountable for that sin and all of its consequences by his permissive will. This is not the will of His good pleasure but the will of permission whereby he controls and contain sin and its consequences within the boundaries of HIs will so that it works for the ultimate good of His people and for His glory. (Psa. 76:10)

All righteousness is decreed by His will of good pleasure (Isa. 46:10-11).

5. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

Yes, and this is the issue.

Webdog, RevMitchell and others cannot debate so they just pop in with these one liners, insult people, drive-by post and flee for the hills.

That is the limit of their ability.

6. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

You've never applied the proper hermeneutic to ANY verses- much less two dozen of them.

7. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

That's exactly right, but these guys literally cannot tell the difference.

8. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

Further proof that you don't know what you are talking about.

Attacking someone's logic is not attacking them personally.

In fact, ALL DEBATE IS, is attacking one's logic. Trying to supplant their logic. Trying to show the flaws in their logic.

To say that is a personal attack is asinine and displays that you have no business on a DEBATE forum.

9. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    when you do it might be a first:wavey:

10. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

i

Kinda like this drive by post, eh? The hypocricy continues...

11. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

A hyper calvinist wouldn't know truth or a proper hermeneutic if it ran them over, backed up, and ran them over again.

#111 webdog, Jul 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2013
  12. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Well, either this post is a lie...or your many accusations I am always relying on philosophy and human reasoning...which is it?

13. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Well....I just looked at your last 30 posts...many insults,no scripture,no study, no edification.....look for yourself.....you tell me...do you want me to post them for you?

better still pick out your three best posts....lets see them

#113 Iconoclast, Jul 24, 2013
  14. DrJamesAch

DrJamesAch New Member

Biblicist

Just because I have not responded to these verses YET doesn't mean I won't get to them. These verses were not explained how they support his argument, and were merely cut and pasted from this website The dead give away was were some of the "notes" at the end of the verses that he apparently didn't see. Many of these verses were copied from separate categories on the website so they are mixing several different perspectives on on thread. But I am still going to take the time to address all of them because it's part of a project I'm working on "Answering Calvinism Verse By Verse", and I will do so despite that he nor anyone else has answered mine.

15. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Just posted scripture today...selective reading.

16. DrJamesAch

DrJamesAch New Member

Nah, never read the Gospels. Memorized the New Testament but never actually read it, what was I thinking?

And you have a lot of nerve asking if anyone has ever read the Gospels. I can fit all your posts in one thread where you have yet to even cite ANY Bible verse let alone question whether someone else has read the Gospels! Oh wait, you have ONE post where you quoted from a creed with a Bible verse on it.

Almost all of your posts have been drive by posts at me, and the only Calvinist you've said anything to is Rippon. Out of 31 posts, half of them following me around, and several at Rippon, I'd say that account of yours is a "throw away" account just in case your REAL account got banned, and I'd say from this pattern of comments, and the only Calvinist that has had it out with Rippon makes it pretty obvious who you really are. There's only one person on here who identifies with the doctrines of Calvinism, but outright denies he is a Calvinist, argues with Rippon, and still accuses me of plagiarism, all seen in the posts below. So are you really from Rippon Virgina, or from a planet called SATURNEPTUNE.

Below are your most brilliant contributions so far. I can't believe with all of the immense exegesis and commentary you have brought to all of these discussions on this board, how I could have possibly missed any of these.

*So are you saying that Stalin was a righteous leader?

*How does Calvinism explain Scripture from Scripture? For example, Calvin believed in sprinkling and baptizing infants. How does that explain Scripture from Scripture? Why do you insist there be a middle man between God and the believer that reads the Bible? Are you from the Catholic faith sometime in the past?

*That is certainly beyond the liberty of different versions of the Bible. It sounds like a fairy tale with Mother Nature and Father Time.

*Drivel http://www.baptistboard.com/showthread.php?p=1995595#post1995595

*Hi,
    That is a very good question. When reference is made to the kingdom of heaven, the rule of God in the earth is contemplated. This is in marked contrast to the kingdom of God, which includes His rule throughout the universe and over all beings who are in subjection to Him.

I have also read articles that they are exactly the same.

The third position I have seen is that the Kingdom of God is all saved people throughout the ages, and the Kingdom of Heaven includes us and all other beings such as angels, or whatever else exists that we do not know about.

*Hello Zaac

From what little I have read, that seems to be true. Baptists are suppose to be strong believers in a direct connection between God and the Christian through Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit. It seems to me that many are depending on a middle man named Calvin. It reminds me of the Catholic who depends on a priest to confess their sins to.

*Not really, just observing for a while. What is the purpose of a constant stream of meaningless and cruel posts that have nothing to do with Scripture?

*Having read some of your past posts, you sir, have no room to dictate to anyone about civility.

*That may or may not be true. The school label proves nothing. After doing much observing of the threads, it is my conclusion that you are 90% responsible for the name calling and division that goes on. Most posters get their points across without the personal attacks.

*I believe giving tithes and offerings are strictly between the giver and the Lord. Others should keep their nose out of it. Each person gives as lead by the Lord with a cheerful heart. I do not care what any other created being thinks of my giving.

*Maybe the joke is on you. How is believing that God is sovereign DELUSIONAL?? How much time have you put into studying this doctrine?

*So how do you explain me not being a Calvinist, and the fact after reading many posts, you to be the central problem in all of the angry posts that go back and forth

*Fred, name calling is name calling, and that is exactly what that post was. And yes, a plagiarism charge was proven against the other. It seems both of you are authors of confusion and dissention.

*Nothing to lose your head over.

*Still waiting for your answer to Post 90

#116 DrJamesAch, Jul 24, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.