1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gaither fans???

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by dianetavegia, Mar 11, 2005.

1. west

west New Member

I am listening to him right now as I am gettting ready for church .

2. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

I am listening to a CD by "Shepherd's Voice".

Pastor_Bob is singing tenor. It is a very good CD, but then I may be a little biased. ;)

CLICK HERE FOR PICTURE AND INFO

When you get to the site, click on "Shepherd's Voice" in the menu on the left side of the page.

3. Pastor_Bob

Pastor_Bob Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I had the privilege of attending the National Quartet Convention in Louisville, KY in 2003. I had wanted to go since I was a teenager and heard Paul Hyle on The Gospel Greats weekly radio program.

The convention is set up with a huge auditorium for the concerts, but also with a very large convention type room for the different artists to set up their booths to display their products.

I was very pleased to see groups that were always available to the fans for autographs, pictures, etc... Some of the most "fan friendly" groups were Legacy Five, Greater Vision, The Inspirations, The Dove Brothers, and The Nelons.

Some of the groups that were never present but had hired people to attend their booths were Jeff & Sherrie Easter, Brian Free & Assurance, Gold City (some of the guys were there but not often), the Carolina Boys (Kingsmen), and The Gaither Vocal Band.

I saw Bill Gaither one time at his booth. He seemed rather annoyed when anyone wanted a picture with him. Then, he said from the stage that night that the best part of the NQC for him personally was the interaction with the fans.

I'm not a big Bill Gaither fan, although I love southern gospel music and have quite an extensive collection of quartet music.

4. JackRUS

JackRUS New Member

Pastor Bob.
    Maybe Gaither was afraid that some fan would put their arm around him during a photo and knock off his hair-hat. [​IMG]