1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Girl, Pope, Obama and Illegal Father!

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by righteousdude2, Mar 30, 2014.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    THE FOLLOWING IS AN OPINION ... WHETHER YOU AGREE OR NOT, DOESN'T MATTER, BUT I WANTED TO VENT! :wavey:

Tell me ... how contrived and political was this? Instead of helping this child travel all the way to Vatican City to ask the Pope to ask Obama to allow her father, in jail for a DUI and being an illegal immigrant, be allowed to remain in America.

Instead of condoning this man's illegal activities, and driving recklessly while under the influence of alcohol, the Pope and Obama should have taken the moment to teach this girl that countries have laws that her dad intentionally broke.

She should have been reminded by both the Pope and more importantly by our POTUS, that we have laws regarding how people can become citizens, and her dad and mom went about this the wrong way!

What kind of lesson does this "Over-the-top" convoluted public outcry for sympathy teach other children? I am thoroughly disgusted with the public drive in this country to get illegals pushed to the front of the line, especially when my great grandparents had to become citizens legally!

Which lesson will mean more to the 10-year-old girl in the future? Probably, the one she just learned yesterday! And that is a crying shame! So when those, who fail to obey the laws of the land, have to face and obey other laws - some of greater importance than our immigration laws - do you think this child and others like her will care? I doubt it!

Just get the MACA to pay for a plush trip to the Vatican and get the Pope to ask the POTUS to forgive your dad for killing someone out of malice or by accident. After all, it worked once, so why wouldn't it work again?

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...-dauugter-asks-pope-francis-article-1.1738990