1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Glenn Beck, Social Justice and the church

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Salty, Mar 21, 2010.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist

Where do you stand on employees who steal from their bosses? Ar they just as evil?

2. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A very confused individual.

And yet, when Al Mohler does it, you hold him up as a hero.

3. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==That is not true and you know it.

4. JohnDeereFan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually, it is true. Here are you own words from post #21 in this very thread:

5. sag38

sag38 Active Member

I'm not condoning Mormonism or saying the gospel shouldn't be preached to them, but I'm also not going to play God and start saying so and so is hell bound. I'll leave that task to God, the supreme Judge.

Obviously, you have never had dealings with Mormons (nice people but lost as gooses.) The Jesus they teach is a false Jesus. Their life often is wrapped up in a works based theology. Therefore the gospel they teach is false. It does not lead to eternal life but to eternal death. And, I'm not condemning anyone to hell. (Apart from grace I'd go there myself.) By rejecting Way, the Truth, and the Life they condemn themselves.

6. RAdam

RAdam New Member

What constitutes a "false" Jesus?

7. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Based on scripture yes.

8. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

You place the blame in the wrong area. It is not people that are condemning it is God by His Word. It is no different than using the word to say that Christ rose from the grave.

My bet is that somehow Mormonism is personal to you.

9. RAdam

RAdam New Member

I have nothing to do with Mormonism whatsoever. I don't know any Mormons, I think Mormonism is dead wrong, etc. However, I'm not judge, jury, and executioner and neither are you. Pray tell what text exactly are you using to tell these people they are hellbound?

10. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==Actually, it is not true and you know it is not true. I made it very clear that I was not aware that Mohler had signed the M.D. I also made it clear that I would say the same thing to him about Catholics that I am saying to you about Mormons. So your statement is not true.

Reference reply #24 and following.

#70 Martin, Mar 25, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2010
  11. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==The Word of God (Gal 1:6-10, etc). I would also point out that Scripture never provides assurance or comfort to those in false religion.

12. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

We were at one time multi-millionaires. My husband partnered with 4 other men to start a business in the late 80s in the digital audio recording industry. They created the first affordable hard disk recording system that would go modularly from 4 to 64 tracks and it was purchased by many studios. I remember talking to one of the engineers in the studio - Bono was talking in the background asking a question. After a few years, he sold his business to Otari, a Japanese company and we were left with a few million dollars. Unfortunately, ministry helped to take care of that status and we're now poor again (LOL) but we do have a 42' sailboat and million dollar house still in our name and we were quite generous with the money for ministry.

So there was no crime involved whatsoever - just hard work, long hours, lots of grief and grey hairs. Oh - and the machine he made is now replaced by things such as Garage Band and Ableton. :)

13. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

None of us are judge, jury and executioner here on earth but we know the truth of Scriptures and can judge when people tell us what they are putting their faith in. Here is from the LDS Articles of Faith "3. We believe that through the atonement of Christ, all mankind may be saved, by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the Gospel." They are saved by obedience to the law and ordinances. That is a false gospel and if they believe this, they are not saved.

14. JohnDeereFan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually, it is. I quoted your own words from your own post.

And I have already demonstrated, using your own words, that it is true.

15. RAdam

RAdam New Member

I agree that scripture affords no assurance or comfort to those in false religion. Dead on.

However, I have yet to see one text from the bible that shows me that a Mormon is absolutely lost and hell bound. I've also yet to see someone tell me what consistutes a "false" Jesus.

16. RAdam

RAdam New Member

So are all who believe in works salvation lost and hell bound? What about the Roman Catholics? They don't believe in salvation by grace in the manner most baptists do. Are they headed for hell? Also, what about the Galatian brethren. They had beleived in the true gospel of grace as taught by Paul to them, yet later they bought into a perverted gospel of grace + works, attempting to put themselves back under the law. Were they then lost and hell bound after being born again and preserved in Jesus Christ?

17. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Well, I do not believe you can be found then lost, so the Galatians were saved by faith just as anyone else is. They started learning a false gospel and Paul straightened them out on that.

But I do believe that anyone who believes that they will be saved based on their works will not be going to heaven and that includes ANY religion that teaches that. Salvation is through faith in Christ and works come from that relationship with Him. It's not what saves us but shows evidence of that faith. But if I count on my filthy rags to get me into heaven? I'd get a sorry surprise when I stood in front of the judgment seat.

18. JohnDeereFan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You're asking the question backward. You make it sound as though everyone is Heaven-bound, until they choose to believe in works righteousness.

Just the opposite: everyone is deserving and bound for Hell. That is our default position. It is only by repentence and faith in Christ and His vicarious, atoning death on the cross, that those who are saved have any hope of salvation.

Isaiah (and, forgive me, but I have a mental block at the moment and can't remember the verse) says that in order for us to know God, we must acknowledge Him as He is, and acknowledge His teachings and commands. In other words, we must have sound doctrine.

Not that doctrine saves us, but that what doctrine we follow determines what Jesus we are depending on for our salvation. In this case, you're talking about two false religions that are depending on a Jesus who needs their help, who cannot save them without their earning their salvation through works.

I guess the best analogy would be to say that Mormons and Catholics aren't damned by their beliefs, per se (although the Bible does say that heresy is a sin), but are damned because of their sins and are depending on a leaky boat to save them from drowning.

While I have some serious disagreements with your description of the Galatians, taking your description at face value, you've got to remember that there is a big difference between someone who is born again, who falls into heresy for a season, and then repents, and someone who is not born again, but trusts in a false religion for their salvation.

19. sag38

sag38 Active Member

Adam, I think you are being deliberately argumentative but I'll play your little game. If you would take just a little time and study the Mormon Jesus you would find that he is not the same Jesus found in the Bible. The Mormon Jesus is not the same Jesus that died on the cross and rose again on the third day. The Mormon Jesus was created as a result of God having sex with his wife in heaven and Satan is Jesus' evil brother with the same father and mother. That my friend is a false Jesus. The last time I checked Jesus is God. He is the Creator and therefore not a product of God's creative powers. Now, if you are looking for a direct quote from the Bible that says exclusively that the Mormon Jesus is false then I can't produce that for you. Mormonism is a product of the 19th century. But, I can show you scriptures that warn us of false messiahs. And, the Mormon Jesus clearly fits the bill.

20. Steven2006

Steven2006 New Member

You are so wrong on this it is laughable. If you truly want to educate yourself about the average millionaire in this county read the book "The Millionaire Next Door"
    by Stanley & Danko