1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Global Warming Is a Religion

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Feb 10, 2010.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thursday, January 14, 2010
    By Walter E. Williams
    Listen to Commentary Podcasts

Manmade global warming, for many, is an Earth-worshipping religion. The essential feature of any religion is that its pronouncements are to be accepted on the basis of faith as opposed to hard evidence.

Questioning those pronouncements makes one a sinner. No one denies that the Earth’s temperature changes. Millions of years ago, much of our planet was covered by ice, at some places up to a mile thick, a period some scientists call “Snowball Earth.” Today, the Earth is not covered by a mile of ice; a safe conclusion is that there must have been a bit of global warming.

I don’t know the cause of that warming, but I’d wager everything I own that it was not caused by coal-fired electric generation plants, incandescent light bulbs and SUVs tooling up and down the highways.

The very idea that mankind can make significant parametric changes to the Earth has to be the height of arrogance. How about a few questions because temperature is just one characteristic of the Earth. The Earth’s orbit is another.

More Here

2. donnA

donnA Active Member

of course it's a religion, and apparently to christians it's an acceptable false religion that they encourage others to particiate in.

3. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

I'm sure that right now some folks living in the mid-Atlantic region would probably welcome some of that global warming. :smilewinkgrin:

4. billwald

billwald New Member

The theological problem with climate change is God's promise to Noah. Has God kept his promise only in legal terms or also in spirit?

5. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Absolutely! Especially after the blizzard we had yesterday.

I think a more serious problem is that while political issues such as Global Warming bother some Christians, they readily imbibe and enjoy movies such as "Avatar" that promote a type of pantheism and earth worship, or other movies and books that promote similar worldviews, or they let their children watch TV shows that promote these kinds of views.

6. RAdam

RAdam New Member

Exactly. There was a time that stuff didn't bother me, but the more I read the bible the more it bothers me.