1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Go out in Jesus Name

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Cathode, Aug 23, 2023.

1. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here is one of my favorite quotes on this topic:

AND an old priest said, “Speak to us of Religion.” And he said: Have I spoken this day of aught else? Is not religion all deeds and all reflection, And that which is neither deed nor reflection, but a wonder and a surprise ever springing in the soul, even while the hands hew the stone or tend the loom? Who can separate his faith from his actions, or his belief from his occupations? Who can spread his hours before him, saying, “This for God and this for myself; “This for my soul and this other for my body”? All your hours are wings that beat through space from self to self. He who wears his morality but as his best garment were better naked.

(Gibram)

• Like Like x 2
  2. Cathode

Cathode Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    It makes our spirituality contiguous with our earthly life, we are spirit and body after all.
    But Crossing one’s self is not some mindless custom for us, it is a special invocation of God in The Three Divine Persons, which makes them present to us. It is an act of Love, and honour, it is also a blessing and exorcism.

Many times I have seen it’s effectiveness.

“Because he hath set his love upon Me, therefore will I deliver him; I will set him on high, because he hath known My name.”

Love and acknowledging His Name as Holy as in “Hallowed be Thy Name”. That is why the sign of the Cross is done with reverence and love each time, The Name of God is Holy.

I’m used to it now but when we have prayers and benediction in street ministry many get put off because of the ‘ howling and growling session ‘ that happens when the blessing is said with the sign of the Cross. People start manifesting demonically and are liberated, it’s very disturbing for people who come out to help.
    One young journalist had his reality rocked at seeing it, didn’t understand what was happening till it was explained to him. He discovered the spiritual world is not mythology.
    And the afterglow of the liberated was the other thing to behold for him.

We know from experience the power of The Holy Name, it is not just a silly custom handed down from the Church Fathers, they themselves testify to its power.

Like invoking God by The Holy Wounds and very particularly the Precious Blood of Jesus, the effects are powerful and immediate most of the time. I’ve seen it.

Sometimes there are very good reasons why people do certain things, it’s good some people are open enough to find out why.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Cathode

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    We see high culture built by bringing spiritual significance to the rituals of our life. We are creatures of ritual, simply because we do many of the same things over and over again each day.
    It is bringing higher significance to those rituals that gives us greater meaning.
    For the Japanese harmony and balance was important because it expressed beauty and beauty is always appreciated and useful.
    A beautiful house is always lived in.

Look at Samurai Jacks morning ritual.

4. Cathode

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I think the veil is being lifted to the spiritual realities, it won’t be so much about ignorance anymore, it will be more about making a choice and encouraging people to the right choice.
    Many are being healed and sent, but many are being healed and don’t thank God, and go back into slavery.
    It is the result so much sacrifice and suffering, Jesus first of all, but also those who have followed after Him, that the message has come down to us.

If we didn’t have Jesus holding us up, we would be be very discouraged. It’s when we are most tired and really don’t want go out again that we can make a sacrifice of it to Him and He makes everything fruitful.

There seems to be change happening in general, like an end is in sight, a tide is turning. It’s like two camps are forming for a last final open fight, not the skirmishes of past.

5. Cathode

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    JonC, just warn everyone who uses The Lords Name in vain. Little to nothing can be done for them, unless they sincerely repent by some great grace.

Nothing revokes blessings and protection like blaspheming The Holy Name. Justice is measured out unmitigated in this life, and the flames deepest hell lick higher for the next.

Adoration is the behaviour of Heaven, blasphemy is the behaviour of hell. By Adoration we have a foretaste of Heaven, by blasphemy a foretaste of hell.

Only in reverence and Love should we invoke The Holy Name.

I saw a man drunk on blasphemy, can’t describe it, it’s a darkness, horror and condemnation all of its own. You have to turn your face to it.
    I was powerless appeal to him or advocate for him in prayer, I saw everything deflected. I could only make atonement in Adoration. It’s not like any earthly insult, nothing provokes Justice or vengeance like it.

We Hallow The Lord’s Name, firstly because it is true, but equally because we Love Him. Secondly by blessing ourselves many times each day by The Holy Name in Love, it assuages the immediate rightful vengeance of The Father who holds the world in His Hands.
    There is a time soon when the world will try to institutionalise blasphemy, try to mark every man with it, raise a man who is blasphemy incarnate.

But The Father will not allow the world to be turned into hell by blasphemy, His Name will be called Holy, His Will done, His Kingdom will come on Earth as it is in Heaven.

6. Cathode

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Draw close to The Father, each time we call Him Father He is ever more Our Father, each time we call to Jesus, He is ever more Our Jesus. Call on The Holy Spirit He is ever more Our Holy Spirit.

In times ahead believers will have The Holy Name as their only possession dwelling in their hearts. The Name is The Holy Presence, The Holy Presence is Perfect Love, and Perfect Love drives out all fear and darkness.

Do not be afraid, call on The Holy Name, whether you live or die, may The Lord’s Name be always on your lips and in your heart.

“ The Almighty has done great things for me, Holy is His Name “

7. Cathode

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    We love God most when we embrace our crosses. It is when we fully accept it that we grow in Grace. There are many crosses and humiliations, but Jesus in us forces us onward to victory by them and over them.

The process of carrying our particular crosses selected by the Lord, who knows His timber and us perfectly, is perfect for bettering us.
    Our souls are changed in patience, love, understanding and many other ways.

Close your eyes and tell Jesus you Trust Him to lead you on and thank Him, when things get tough. Jesus will lead you to where your pride and your fears would rather not go, but go anyway, because you are at the point of victory.

It is only in looking back that you will realise a change. You respond to something not in a wrong way as formerly and seemingly by instinct but Jesus has won for you a victory over self, implanting His virtues.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Cathode

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Each cross teaches us a virtue, each cross is a lesson. When Jesus teaches a lesson, He teaches us properly so that it is lasting.
    Many times He will give examples of how not to behave, by people who need our prayers. We need to recognise the lesson and not react negatively to it.

Learning the virtue of Graciousness could mean being treated rudely and disrespectfully or seeing another treated that way.
    Same with the virtue of fairness, it may require you to experience unfairness.
    Savouring the rudeness and unfairness unchecked and studying it impartiality, we can see how far it can go.
    Examine it's effects on you, and it can tell you where you stand with other virtues, and what you need to work on and what you need to ask for in prayer.

A little self knowledge assists us and gives us at the very least an idea of what to ask for in prayer.

Experiencing the antithesis of a virtue highlights the virtue, but it also shines a light on other virtues.

Each virtue attained is generally attained by a cross, but having attained them it invites testing. Jesus having made a chair like any good carpenter, puts some weight on it, tests the solidity of the joinery.
    Exposure to temptation is the weight that tests the joinery, it can settle the joinery to its greatest level of strength.

We can also be infused by Jesus virtues by living in His Presence and allowing Him free reign to act in us.
    He guides us correctly in His behaviour, we get a front row seat in His Perfect Virtues. We imitate and adopt the behaviours of the people we hang around.

Jesus doesn’t just have all the virtues, He has those virtues to a depth we can’t understand here, but we can however appreciate them somewhat by His flawless magnificence, like we appreciate the aspect of a diamond. We only get glimpses here as momentary transfigurations.

But only in Heaven will we see Him as He truly is, the full Magnificence and Glory, and we will be like Him.

9. Cathode

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Each cross carried well is love of God, each sin is malice against God.

Each cross makes us like God, each sin makes unlike God.

Embrace the Cross for love of God, place the Cross at the forefront of your life.

See it, embrace it, and carry it.

10. Cathode

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Thank God that you are nobody, be so, so thankful for it. Everyone wants to be famous or have praise and acclaim of others. This is the shining darkness, gloss with emptiness behind it.
    Let Jesus be your audience when everyone abandons you, misunderstands, ignores and laughs at you like you are a complete idiot.

The wounds we carry here are gems later on if we Love Jesus. Because of Jesus our hurts, humiliations, and even deep griefs become something completely different.
    Only self is hurt, but when self is crucified and dead, there is only Jesus Victorious.
    We may not feel Jesus, and we may lose sight of Him at times, but He promised us His Voice, we know His Sweet Holy Voice, Faithful and True and Sure.
    His Voice cuts through all darkness as the Lighthouse of Salvation.

Who can prepare for grief, grief at our losses, grief at our failures, grief at our helpless condition. Jesus changes everything, the terrible dark grief makes Jesus shine out far more brightly.

In the terrible pain, only Jesus is there, no one else can see it, or feel it. When we are under the fig tree, only Jesus knows and sees.

11. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I do not criticize how other people worship God. I believe it is not for me to criticize. I may, however, be very critical of those who do criticize others for how they worship.

Worship is something between a man and his God. I do not understand exactly why people like to throw themselves into the mix.

When it comes to doctrine I am admittedly biblical (Scripture, not my church or any church, is the standard for my doctrine). This puts me at odds, rarely because of actual interpretation, with those who value tradition as an authority or churches as source for doctrine. So that is a legitimate disagreement I may enter into if I feel so inclined.

But never the way people worship.....unless they worship naked because that's just weird. ;)

12. Cathode

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The Church is just meant to steer us to Jesus.

The only common thing we were created for was to Love, to Love God and each other. We are all unique, only Jesus can know and heal a soul.

Each of us has a unique perception and understanding because of our many experiences, sins, wounds, shames and regrets. That’s why each spiritual journey is different.

Each one of us was created with unique facets of beauty in our likeness of God, and are destined to be together in a Glorious Unity with Jesus who will present us all together to The Father of Glory.

All we need to do is Love, fill up on Love from Jesus, and He does the work. Jesus works on us and through us works on others.

The freedom we crave the deepest, is to be free to Love.

One of the biggest most common snare and block to Love is unforgiveness, many believers are stunted in their spiritual life and are still dragging a heavy weight in certain darkness.

The trick played by the dark, is to make you think that by forgiving you are condoning the wrong done to you. And that’s not what forgiving means. Forgiving ultimately is you recognising that you are a fallen sinner as they are, and you need forgiveness as they do.
    Ask God to call down His blessing on them and to let go, realising the wrongs you have done and need for forgiveness, healing and blessing.

This unblocks the great shaft of light from the Eternal, which is pure Life and Love, and Peace itself, we join that great Light once again.

That’s when we feel The Lord stirring in His Kingdom within us, enlarging our capacity to Love. Jesus is the best King, He patrols His Kingdom vigilantly He takes ground as it pleases Him to do. Darkness is His invite and provocation to invade.
    Many times He steps out of the deep inner Kingdom to look at us, He has more to say of doctrine and theology in a glance than can be learned in a million libraries. Not so much in words but in silence together is everything said.
    We get infused by Him, our human will gets absorbed in the great ocean of His Holy Will, our souls are saturated in the first knowledge that our minds can not yet grasp. It has to be tasted, it has to be experienced, not just described or spoken of.

Try to explain that and all words fail by themselves, it’s The Lord Jesus in the words that mean everything, our hearts are set on fire before our minds grasp anything.
    Go into a silent wilderness with The Lord each day, just you and Him. Ask that He grant the humility, docility, and desire to be completely directed by Him, to hand over our will to fully be one with Him.

Respond. Jesus is impatient for the complete establishment of His Kingdom on Earth as it is in Heaven, far more in Him is this Fire desired.

It is no longer my will that lives, but Jesus Will that lives in me, which is the Eternal Father’s Will.

“ My food is to do the Will of The Father “

Jesus was sustained by The Divine Will, it is The Holy Eternal Core and Life of God Himself, The Fountain of Deity that flows out giving Life and existence to everything seen and unseen.

Our hearts cry out and all nature cries out for The Father’s Will to be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

I can promise that even if you are a big stupid uneducated ugly slug and dangerous looking Jesus will still show Himself through you if you hand over your human will and desire to live completely in His Holy Will.
    Souls recognise Jesus before prejudice even has a chance many times. We love and Jesus does the work.

In our will we are not free to Love and be Loved, only in God’s Holy Will are we fully free to Love and be Loved.

Jesus always understands and shares our hurts, but as we get closer to Him, we share His hurts. It’s not theory anymore it’s very real suffering.
    Getting closer to Jesus makes us far more sensitive

We see people try to hide themselves, their sins, their darkness, their fears, their suffering. This hurt Jesus more than anything. So much Love that gave everything and still not trusted. These were the direct punches to His Holy Face.
    Jesus sorrow was fatal to ordinary human beings, no one else could carry it.

When Jesus fully expresses Himself in street ministry, some stand and look on Him, but many hide and run away.
    Do not hide and run away from Love and Goodness, it’s agony and insult beyond crucifixion. Love has a terrible pain when it isn’t trusted and accepted. It’s a cold dry shivering thick sweat of blood and dread and loneliness. That’s it in words, but words don’t come close to experiencing it.

See the Love. See the Goodness.
    “ Come to me, you who are weary and overburdened, I will give you rest. “

See beyond the words, see the heart behind them.

Let the world follow the madness of the fallen human will, but we have found the pearl of great price, The Holy Divine Will. Desire it and hand over everything for it, the last and only thing that is truly yours, your human will and volition.
    When you have given this, you have given everything.

13. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe that the Church is the body of Christ, not meant only to steer us to Jesus but for those who are already in Him to grow and function for the Kingdom.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Cathode

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    It’s Jesus desire that kindles our desire for the Kingdom.

“ I am The Way “

His Way is His Holy Will for us.

When we actively hand over our human will to Jesus each day, we can only follow His Way each day.

Paul calls it a secret, which not so much a secret but a bypass of self.
    You are going directly to the heart of the problem, your human will, you are cutting self off at the ankles, rather than try taming self, by years of spiritual counseling, you are taking an axe to self at the roots, your human will. Not tame self but kill self, crucify it.
    Jesus does the work most powerfully in us then because there is no longer any resistance or opposition.
    The spiritual world becomes most visible, the veil is lifted, freed from self we walk the Kingdom here and now with The Lord, not some time to come, right now.

Jesus hangs the fruit on us when we hand over our human wills, this fruit is not to seduce others away from God as in Eden, this fruit is meant to attract others to the righteousness of the Kingdom.

“ Seek first the Kingdom of God and His Righteousness “

What is God’s Righteousness? His Righteousness is His Holy Will, seek His Holy Will, thy will be done on Earth, not my will be done on Earth.

Paul was right in a sense to call it a secret, most believers still operate by their human will, in the Kingdom there is only one Will being done.

“ Thy Kingdom come, Thy Will be done “

It is no longer my will that lives, but Christs Will that lives in me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Cathode

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    This is the True normal way of living, in union with God’s Holy Will. Seems strange at first, because we have obtained everything in life by force of our Will, we are used to imposing our will throughout life.

We can try as believers to conform our human will to God’s Holy Will, but we are still operating in our fallen weak human will.

Instead of trying to conform using a fallen human will, with its huge limitations, we should try for uniformity by actively handing over our human will beforehand. And asking for God’s Will to Reign in us, by invitation and appropriation.

“If anyone wants to come after Me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow Me.”

Start each and every day with the ultimate act of self denial, handing over your human will and asking to Live in The Divine Will of The Father.
    Because The Divine Will is Holy, our lives become Holy when we live in it.

No man can have two masters, you can either serve self by the human will, or you fully serve God by His Divine Will.

If you desire this, Jesus will receive your human will and enthrone His Holy Will in you.
    Then everything becomes very different. Jesus is walking this Earth again in you.

People say, “ what, this can’t be true “, It is very true.

“ It is no longer I that lives, but Christ who lives in me “

Jesus operating in and through you in this sovereign way has to be experienced, it cannot be explained.

This is no longer a believer struggling to conform using his fallen and broken and weak human will.
    This is a believer living and acting with all the power of The Divine Will.

Love is an act of will, the human will is weak, and inconsistent and loves very poorly.
    The Divine Will however has infinite strength and consistency and acts of Love made to God hit Him with His same force and power. He is Loved by a mere creature with His Infinite strength, power and consistency.

In this state the creature elevates creation heavenward and draws down Heaven Earthward, by no longer living in his human will and operating in The Divine Will.
    As God’s Will is done more and more on Earth, Earth resembles Heaven where His Will done perfectly.

One act of love in the Divine Will is worth more than lifetimes of acts of love in the human will.

The human will was never meant to operate on its own. It’s like a kid taking a 44 magnum revolver from his dads shed and blasting away with it unsupervised. He hurts himself and others inevitably.
    Put the gun down son. Hand it back over to dad.

16. Cathode

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Jesus makes our desires reality. We have the desire then He does it.

Say a child wants to give its mother a present, the child has to get the money from its mother or even get its mother to buy the present, so the child can then happily give it to it’s mother as a big surprise.

We are in this situation, our desire appropriates what is God’s to give to Him as if from us.

Humility is rightly knowing your low position but still be of substance, but in this case we go beyond humility ,we learn that we are actually nothing.
    Jesus breaks it to us gently, I was shown, but reassured at the same time. He shows us the truth, not to discourage us but give us the right understanding of where we stand as a foundation.

It’s hard to take to realise and be shown you are nothing of yourself. But it’s very important to know.

It is only because of His Love that we are something, it’s only because of His Love that we are important.

We weren’t designed to be outside of God acting independently, we were designed to be in union with His Holy Will.

Our greatest happiness is living in God’s Will, not by our will.

Living by our Will brings all the suffering in the world.

To fully appreciate this life and even all the material things properly, we need to be living in God’s Holy Will.

Seek first the Kingdom of God and His Perfect, Holy Will, and all these other things will be gathered to you by God’s Providence.

17. Oseas3

Oseas3 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The election of the last Pope - Will be his religious nickname Paulus VII? | Pure Bible Forum (and see www.sinaiticus.net )

With the election of the last Pope in this current decade, and the manifestation of the false and ruthless messiah in Israel according John 5:43-47 combined with Revelation 13:11-18, and Ezekiel 21:25, among other biblical references- , then will start the LAST WEEK, week 70th Daniel 9:27, until the total destruction of the CURRENT world of the Devil-Revelation 11:18.

Get ready, there will be soon two terrible Beasts reigning in the Earth, one in Rome and another in the holy city, Jerusalem, also spiritually called Egypt and Sodom. Yeah, get ready.

GET READY. THE 5th UNIVERSAL AND SATANIC KINGDOM, THE ANTICHRIST's KINGDOM, IT WILL BE ESTABLISHED IN THE EARTH FROM NOW ON - Daniel 2:v.41-45

GET READY. THE 5th UNIVERSAL AND SATANIC KINGDOM, THE ANTICHRIST's KINGDOM, IT WILL BE ESTABLISHED IN THE EARTH FROM NOW ON - Daniel 2:v.41-45 Indeed there are billions of years behind us, an Eternity, and now another year is going into Eternity, gone forever, never to be, bye bye 2023.

Isaiah 26:20-21
    20 - Come, my people, enter thou into thy chambers, and shut thy doors about thee: hide thyself as it were for a little moment, until the indignation be overpast.

21 - For, behold, the Lord cometh out of His place to PUNISH the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity: the earth also shall disclose her blood, and shall no more cover her slain.

May our Lord GOD bless and keep us, and give us His protection
    Amen