1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

God's Purposes Thwarted?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Luke2427, Jul 18, 2011.

?
  1. Yes, everything happens EXACTLY as God always intended and purposed that they would happen.

92.3%
  2. No. God has allowed creatures to thwart his eternal purposes but God will fix it all in the end.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. YOU FOLLOW CALVIN AND NOT THE BIBLE!!!

7.7%
  4. YOUR GOD'S A DIVINE RAPIST!!! DAHMER!!!!! SERVETUS!!!!!!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don't know, and doesn't matter. There is a much more important issue for you to think about and consider, maybe reply to, than that. Unless it was meant as a "joke", then "A" (Prov 10:23).

#61 Benjamin, Jul 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2011
  2. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Amen!

Pink's 'Sovereignty' was one of the most profound books that I've ever read many years ago, and Brother Pink was a profound teacher of God. I consider him to be one of the best at drawing out the types in the scriptures. If you haven't read 'Gleanings in Genesis' yet, you should make it a point to.

#62 kyredneck, Jul 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2011
  3. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    towards the end didnt he not attend services at any local assemblies cause he thought they were apostate?

4. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was seriously considering reading a book by Owen as a Summer reader.....Why is Pinks Glimmer so compelling Kyred?

5. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Very good points brother....:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

6. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just another un-biblical rant that denies the Omnibenevolence of God and attempts to attribute evil to Him by rationalizing that otherwise He is not in control. I hear the same type of argument (probably acquired from Calvinist spewing) from atheist who object to being judged from an evil god that supposedly never gave them a chance...

7. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :laugh::laugh::laugh:

8. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you always this happy and cheerful kind of guy???...just wondrun...you sure don't make any bones about slandering a great man of God.

9. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think someone is stewing in their spew. :)

10. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's Gleanings In Genesis; it's the types, the wonderful types he brings out; the book's not that large, it's an easy and entertaining read and you'll never look at Genesis the same again and it's a fantastic foundation to have for the rest of the Bible!

11. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think the guys hilarious....ever see someone so mad & burmed up he comes at you with guns blazing ....thats this guy! FUNNY!:laugh:

Lets see what he comes up next....sure to please.

12. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sold me thanks

13. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm not sure, shortly before his death he dropped premillenial dispensationalism like a hot potato and started to write a book or an essay against it but died before finishing it; don't know if that's what you're referring to or not.

14. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I just picked up on a reference from someone that he lived in partial seclusion....I dont know ....maybe Ian Murray

15. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here it is:

A Study of Dispensationalism
    By Rev. Arthur W. Pink

"Arthur W. Pink wrote this series of 5 articles just before his death on July 15, 1952. They were published in Mr. Pink's Studies in the Scriptures for the June through October, 1952 (posthumously) issues. A number of contemporary dispensationalists have been republishing some of Mr. Pink's writings from his dispensational days (namely, The Redeemer's Return and The Antichrist), this is unfortunate, but as these articles show Mr. Pink's position was against the dispensational school of thought up till the very month of his death."

16. psalms109:31

psalms109:31 Active Member

Jonah 4
    Jonah’s Anger at the LORD’s Compassion
    1 But to Jonah this seemed very wrong, and he became angry. 2 He prayed to the LORD, “Isn’t this what I said, LORD, when I was still at home? That is what I tried to forestall by fleeing to Tarshish. I knew that you are a gracious and compassionate God, slow to anger and abounding in love, a God who relents from sending calamity. 3 Now, LORD, take away my life, for it is better for me to die than to live.”

4 But the LORD replied, “Is it right for you to be angry?”

5 Jonah had gone out and sat down at a place east of the city. There he made himself a shelter, sat in its shade and waited to see what would happen to the city. 6 Then the LORD God provided a leafy plant[The precise identification of this plant is uncertain; also in verses 7, 9 and 10.] and made it grow up over Jonah to give shade for his head to ease his discomfort, and Jonah was very happy about the plant. 7 But at dawn the next day God provided a worm, which chewed the plant so that it withered. 8 When the sun rose, God provided a scorching east wind, and the sun blazed on Jonah’s head so that he grew faint. He wanted to die, and said, “It would be better for me to die than to live.”

9 But God said to Jonah, “Is it right for you to be angry about the plant?”

“It is,” he said. “And I’m so angry I wish I were dead.”

10 But the LORD said, “You have been concerned about this plant, though you did not tend it or make it grow. It sprang up overnight and died overnight. 11 And should I not have concern for the great city of Nineveh, in which there are more than a hundred and twenty thousand people who cannot tell their right hand from their left—and also many animals?”

I praise God every day that He shows compassion for the world through Jesus Christ and made us the messenger of it. He has compassion for the world, but it also will not thrwaft the next statement.

The plan will not be thwaft there will be amount saved that can not be counted the children of Abraham those who believed God and was credited to them as righteousness.

Romans 4
    Abraham Justified by Faith
    1 What then shall we say that Abraham, our forefather according to the flesh, discovered in this matter? 2 If, in fact, Abraham was justified by works, he had something to boast about—but not before God. 3 What does Scripture say? “Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness.”[Gen. 15:6; also in verse 22]

4 Now to the one who works, wages are not credited as a gift but as an obligation. 5 However, to the one who does not work but trusts God who justifies the ungodly, their faith is credited as righteousness. 6 David says the same thing when he speaks of the blessedness of the one to whom God credits righteousness apart from works:

7 “Blessed are those
    whose transgressions are forgiven,
    whose sins are covered.
    8 Blessed is the one
    whose sin the Lord will never count against them.”[Psalm 32:1,2]

Psalm 73:28
    But it is good for me to draw near to God;I have put my trust in the Lord GOD, That I may declare all Your works.

Who is angry with who's compassion?

#76 psalms109:31, Jul 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2011
  17. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    from above article:

"Arthur W. Pink, born in Great Britain in 1886, immigrated to the U.S. to study at Moody Bible Institute. He pastored churches in Colorado, California, Kentucky, and South Carolina before becoming an itinerant Bible teacher in 1919. He returned to his native land in 1934., taking up residence on the Isle of Lewis, Scotland, in 1940 and remaining there until his death twelve years later. Most of his works first appeared as articles in the monthly Studies in the Scriptures, published from 1922 to 1952"

18. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ah the Isle of Lewis! This makes sense with his soul.....Here is a splendid picture of the place

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3MzZgPBL3Q

19. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A.W. Pink released his Studies In Dispensationalism in 1933 --19 years before his death.

Aside from his works such as The Sovereignty of God and other titles,a lot of his earlier writings are weaker than in the latter half of his ministry. He was too ingrained to dispensationalism in his earlier years with wrtings like the previously mentioned The Anti-Christ and The Redeemer's Return.

His book on Genesis was inferior to The Life and Times of Joshua for instance. He got better with age.

A.W.P. is a hero of mine. I respect him very much. I have learned so much from his written ministry and I will read his works till I die. (Or someone may have to read them to me.) He saturates himself in the Word of God.

20. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm presuming that this is not the same work ( as post #75 )

I own several of his books, have read most of them, have referenced all of them; Elijah was a favorite of mine. Most of his works can be found here:
    http://www.pbministries.org/books/pink/pinks_archive.htm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.