1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured God's word [and] Dispensationalism

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Hermeneut7, Aug 7, 2017.

1. Covenanter

Covenanter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It would be more helpful if you replied intelligently to what I write, rather doing a maximum misinterpretation.

NOW - just read what I wrote, basically the OT Scriptures prophecy Christ, & the Church. If that is NOTHING then I am sorry for you. And I warn you that there is a judgment to come when Jesus returns in glory. And NO, you cannot invent a future millennium to put all you literal interpretations into.

Your are rejecting the plain words of our Lord Jesus Christ:
    Luke 24:25 Then He said to them, “O foolish ones, and slow of heart to believe in all that the prophets have spoken! 26 Ought not the Christ to have suffered these things and to enter into His glory?” 27 And beginning at Moses and all the Prophets, He expounded to them in all the Scriptures the things concerning Himself.
    44 Then He said to them, “These are the words which I spoke to you while I was still with you, that all things must be fulfilled which were written in the Law of Moses and the Prophets and the Psalms concerning Me.” 45 And He opened their understanding, that they might comprehend the Scriptures.
    46 Then He said to them, “Thus it is written, and thus it was necessary for the Christ to suffer and to rise from the dead the third day, 47 and that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in His name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. 48 And you are witnesses of these things. 49 Behold, I send the Promise of My Father upon you; but tarry in the city of Jerusalem until you are endued with power from on high.”

2. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I see that you would bring the declaration of God's judgment upon me, yet you hold no standard for yourself.

Did you not post, "OT prophecy was fulfilled by Jesus in his life, death & resurrection, & in the church." ?

I merely showed how your statement taken even in the most loosely held thinking was absurd.

Let's see what YOU really hold as valued truth.

• "Christ came to fulfill the law" is clearly taught. YEP, you hold that

• "The law, school master bringing us to Christ" is clearly taught. YEP, you hold that.

• That Christ showed that He was the fulfillment of what the prophets spoke concerning the Messiah. YEP, you hold to that, but take it wrongly.

See, you take it as it being already fulfilled, not as Christ being the fulfillment of what they wrote. Big, enormous difference.

In your view, the Scriptures you post would be rendered prophecy as all done, nothing more to occur.

In the literal view, the Scriptures are fulfilled in Christ's earthly ministry, life, death, resurrection. However, there is the ongoing fulfillment being done and to be done in Christ, also.

Christ did not state that all prophecy concerning me was fulfilled. He stated, "that all things must be fulfilled which were written in the Law of Moses and the Prophets and the Psalms concerning Me."

That you don't see the "must be" is an ongoing process and not a completely done deal is truly sad.

You actually do not see that the Lord Jesus Christ had to open the Jews understanding that the suffering messiah and the reigning messiah were one in the same messiah, and by explaining that to them, He opened their understanding. But you are in good company, John the Baptist didn't have this understanding, either.

The Lord Jesus Christ didn't state that there was nothing left of prophecy to fulfill, but that He was the embodiment of what was fulfilled and what was to be fulfilled. They the Jews had no need to look for another messiah. Same message that Peter gave on Pentecost.

So let's see who is honest. Look at what YOU really hold as valid.

• The second coming of Christ in power, authority, majesty, to rule with the saints as clearly taught.
    Not according to YOU. He has already come - no future hope of a return and no future reigning with Him on this earth. Any and all prophecy concerning such statements according to you are fulfilled.

• The millennial reign of Christ as clearly taught.

Not according to you. He has already come - no future hope of a return and no future reigning with Him on this earth. Any and all prophecy concerning such statements according to you are fulfilled.

YOU said, "And I warn you that there is a judgment to come when Jesus returns in glory. And NO, you cannot invent a future millennium to put all you literal interpretations into."

Sorry to point out the obvious.

I show consistency and validity in the SCRIPTURES by using them as literally in every area as possible. Doing so, shows perfect alignment with historical facts.

Something that you actually cannot do, but must manipulate times, dates, history, and invent all manner of intellectual gymnastics to resolve. Presenting something so convoluted and without foundation that you have to actually talked yourself into holding a scheme that is of no foundation.

As evidenced by the handling of the two passages of your own post, it shows the manipulation in attempt to hold what is convoluted and without foundation.