1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured GOP Candidates backing down on the Affordable Care Act?

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Zaac, May 31, 2014.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Won't happen. Trial lawyers are one of the special interest groups that own the democrat party.

2. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I hope the Republicans stop playing stupid politics and recognize that health care reform is way past due.

Instead of passing another meaningless repeal of ACA, which they know will never pass the Senate nor will President Obama sign it, they should start right now looking at ways to fix a very, very flawed system.

They should have those fixes finalized by the time they regain control of the Senate and Whitehouse after the 2016 elections.

There are some things they can do now to help.

1. Tort Reform. But as carpro said, the chances of a bunch of lawyers in Congress passing tort reform is somewhere between slim and none.

2. Stop the mandate. No more huge windfall profits for the big insurance corporations.

3. If people want insurance let them buy it. If not, they are not covered. There should be an employer mandate for businesses with over 100 full time employees (full time being over 30 hours per week). For those who want insurance but can't afford it ACA should be modeled after the single payer systems presently in use by Medicare Part A and the VA. The difference being that Medicare pays outside doctors/hospitals to provide care while the VA has in-house doctors/hospitals who work for the VA who provide care. I have both and personally prefer the VA healthcare system.

There is no easy fix. The cost of uninsured people using emergency rooms without the ability to pay has driven health care costs through the roof. That is why most emergency room prices are inflated based on the rates at which insurance companies will reimburse the hospital on a patient’s behalf. That’s why a single aspirin can cost $30 per pill in the E.R., which is more than six times the price for a whole bottle of them at the drug store.

I was in the hospital (non-VA) in February for 8 days. My bill was well over $100,000. A Cardiologist I have never seen before (or since) walked into my room and asked, "How are you feeling today?" I said, "good, and you?" When I checked out I got a bill from him for $2,500 for a "patient consultation."

Our system is broken and badly in need of fixing.

3. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    For someone who is against preaching politics ....

.... you certainly do a lot of postings about politics? Could it be bait to get people sucked in so you can unleash more of your sanctimonious judgement? :laugh:

4. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Does make one wonder, does it not? :rolleyes::confused::D

5. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Let's see. Talking politics in a forum called "News / Current Events."

Naw! Of course not! No politics at all involved in News or Current Events. Nope. Not a smidgen. :rolleyes::BangHead: :tonofbricks:

6. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not really.

Most of us KNOW what's going on.

7. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, we do. You can't stand it when someone expresses an opinion that is different from yours. :)

8. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If that is true, the same applies to you.

Are we even yet?

9. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Stop with the worrying about ACA overrun costs.

Not only does the President have a Phone and a Pen, he has a Printing Press, Paper and Ink.

HankD