1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Governor Matt Bevin On Gun Control-Completely debunks their argument

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Jul 10, 2019.

1. Reformed1689

Reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Fine, since all you have to do is attack me, apparently a favorite pastime of yours, I have edited the original post to more accurately reflect my stance. He is an idiot when it comes to politics.

2. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well you po lil' delicate thang you....It was uncalled for you to call such a good man an idiot.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How do you figure that? A wise man can easily discern the foolish.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    He is an idiot when it comes to politics and public statements. I'm not going to shirk away from that FACT. When you blame teachers for a shooting.... That is AOC level right there.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The governor in that instance reminds me of my father. He was a great father, but he had his moments. One day I arrived home to a fussing out of epic proportions. He was cutting the grass and ran over a stump and busted a spindle on the deck. It was my fault because if I had cut the grass when he thought it should have been cut then he wouldn't have torn up the lawnmower.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'll tell you what, Bevin is a better Governor than the Governor of Indiana.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I did not attack you I asked a question. Sound familiar?

8. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    According to one of his posts all or most people in KY do not like him.

9. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    You did not just ask a question actually. And your question was not asking for clarification as the one you are referring to by me did, your question is a statement via question. You stated that there was hypocrisy and asked how I did not see it. Very different. So no, it does not sound familiar because it is fundamentally different.

10. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
  11. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's an old story, whenever corrupt Democrats do their inevitable corrupting, Republicans are elected to clean up their mess, which is never painless. Bevin's trying to salvage the KY retirement system after years of Democrat incompetent oversight, the Democrats are fighting him tooth and nail, no one wants to make the sacrifices to fix it, and most of the reforms only affect 'new hires'.

[add]

He's basically doing the same thing the Feds did with the Civil Service Retirement System (CSRS) back in 85-87 by transitioning to a hybrid system (FERS) in which existing employees had the choice to remain in the old system, but new hires went into FERS.

#31 kyredneck, Jul 11, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well if what you say is true of my post, and that is in question, then it is exactly familiar.

13. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Gov. Bevin is a good man.

Part of the reason for the crime wave that is noticed but only barely is that Americans have a primitive view of mental illness. The percentage of people institutionalized is about the same as always but Americans no longer extend comprehensive medical care and hospitalization to the mentally ill but instead prefer to arrest them for crimes and put them in prisons. Thus cities such as Indianapolis have the mentally ill wandering around the downtown areas and sleeping in the streets so that Hoosiers can say that the don't have mental hospitals for sick people but sidewalks and prisons instead. The connection between the lack of medical care and hospitalization for the mentally ill and the crime wave committed by mentally ill people desperate for drugs or alcohol to replace the lost medical care and hospitalization forces them to violence. How many of the shooters have been found to be mentally ill? How many people after a rampage commit suicide by police?

A famous case in Indiana was Michael Wayne Jackson who was released into an Indianapolis rescue mission after a parole for weapons violation from federal prison. He was supposed to report to outpatient mental health clinics but he evaded that requirement by saying that he had a job after two days in Indianapolis. Before arriving in Indianapolis, he had visited his mother and given her a bear hug that broke one of her ribs. In Indianapolis, he killed his unarmed federal parole officer and a grocer (to get a vehicle) with a shotgun. He hijacked another car but the lady who owned it was able to jump out at a traffic light although dragged and suffering a broken ankle. He shot a motorist on an interstate and ended up in Missouri where he killed himself in a barn.

TRAPPED IN BARN, MAN IN CRIME SPREE KILLS HIMSELF

14. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The problem with treating the mentally ill is the fact they relapse and are a danger to society. Prison is the best alternative.

15. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There are prisons for the criminally insane. What I am talking about is that more common mental illnesses used to be housed in mental hospitals but JFK began to destroy the mental health system in the 1960s (I remember) and now Indiana, for example, has closed many mental hospitals and downsized others. The patients still have to be institutionalized in about the same percentages but they are thrown into the jails and prisons where they do not receive compassionate medical care.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's a tough problem. In my years of law enforcement, I dealt with both prisons and the state mental hospital system. Personally, if I were crazy, I would prefer being in the prisons than the mental hospitals.

17. 777

777 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Bleh, I wouldn't put too much stock into a Morning Consult poll. They tilt left and are online only and poll this over three months. I think Bevin's approval rating is under 50 easily, that doesn't mean that little Andy will be elected because Andy's scandals are more serious - two words, Tim Longmeyer. And then there;s all Andy's lawsuits against Bevins, Andy's a legacy candidate and Bevins gave little Andy a meltdown when he renamed some building, it was originally named by Andy's father for Andy's mother.

When Bevins first ran, in 2015, he was losing in the polls by six the day before the election but won by nine IIRC. He seems like a KY version of Trump to me in many ways. Andy Beshar is running a terrible campaign so far but he has a wad of cash and the unions and NARAL behind him. Kentucky is a big Trump state and Bevins is a big Trump supporter.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was talking about a board member

19. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well we know Democrats don't like him, and he only got 52% in primary, not exactly a landslide...

20. 777

777 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    that is what Bevin got in the GOP primary. A little shaky for an incumbent but it's good enough. Better than he did four years ago but then he wasn't the incumbent.

You want to talk about that primary, Goforth had a sex scandal himself and his alternative pension proposals fell flat and he was up against an incumbent that Trump endorsed. Bevin has never been a perfect candidate, he flopped big time when he tried to primary out Mitch. And that new challenger for McConnell, Amy something - the one the MSM is giving all their free air time to - is going to help the DNC waste their money along with Andy.

• Agree Agree x 1