1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Grace Plus Law.

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by 37818, Oct 30, 2019.

1. mailmandan

mailmandan Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is more involved in keeping the Sabbath day than simply setting apart one day a week to rest. Even when Sabbatarians today set out to worship on the Sabbath, are they truly "keeping the Sabbath?" To "keep the Sabbath" as it was required in the Old Testament under the Old Covenant involved compliance with specific regulations (Exodus 16:23; 35:3; Leviticus 23:32; Jeremiah 17:21) that were strictly enforced.

If Sabbath day observances are still required, so would the burnt offerings which went along with them (Leviticus 19:30; 23:2-3; Numbers 28:1-10; 29:39-40; I Chronicles. 23:30-31; II Chronicles 31:2-4; Isaiah 1:13). No kindling a fire in any of your dwellings on the sabbath (Exodus 35:3). Every man must remain in his place on the sabbath (Exodus 16:29). No trading (Amos 8:5). No marketing (Nehemiah 10:31; 13:15,19).

These were commanded by God to Israel (Exodus 35:1). If the seventh day Sabbath is still in affect, then why don't Sabbatarians seek to obey ALL that the LORD commanded? How can a person keep a certain law when he keeps only part of it? If the Sabbath day laws were still in effect today, then according to Exodus 31:12-18; 35:1-3; and Numbers 15:32-36, anyone who profaned the Sabbath was put to death and any person who does any work on it, that person shall be cut off from his people.

Now who is going to enforce that? The Jewish synagogue? The Seventh day Adventist church? The Government? Since we do not live under a theocratic state as ancient Israel did under the Old Covenant, no Sabbatarian can live consistently under these Mosaic regulations. I rest on Sunday and attend Church on Sunday, but by doing so, I am not to keeping the Sabbath day under the law. I commemorate the resurrection of my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ who rose from the dead on Sunday.

Colossians 2:16 - Therefore no one is to act as your judge in regard to food or drink or in respect to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath day--things which are a mere shadow of what is to come; but the substance belongs to Christ.

• Like Like x 1
  2. mailmandan

mailmandan Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    When are you finally going to get it through your head that the "sabbatismos" rest in Hebrews 4:9 that remains is the perpetual sabbath “rest” to be enjoyed uninterruptedly by believers in their fellowship with the Father and the Son, in contrast to the weekly Sabbath under the Law. Jesus set men free from sin by grace through faith, not works. (Ephesians 2:8,9) Believers are justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus and not through law keeping (Romans 3:24-28) Only genuine believers truly "keep" (Greek word "tereo" guard, observe, watch over) His commandments which does not equate to sinless, perfect obedience to the 10 commandments under the law or salvation by grace plus law, faith plus works. You "redefine" salvation by grace through faith "as" keeping His commandments -- works salvation.

Do you teach sinless perfection? Do you believe that you will be saved based on the merits of living a sinless, without fault or defect, flawless, absolute perfect life and is that how you define "keeping the commandments?" Those who believe they live a sinless, without fault or defect, flawless, absolute perfect life 100% of the time (exactly as Jesus lived) are suffering from a terminal case of self righteousness. (1 John 1:8-10)

I've read enough of your long winded posts full of scripture twisting, trickery, deceit, rhetoric and SDA propaganda that culminate in perverting the gospel by teaching salvation by grace plus law, faith plus works. (Galatians 1:6-9) You have truly mastered the art of deception and Ellen G White would have been very proud of her disciple, but I am not buying what you are selling.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Alofa Atu

Alofa Atu Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Interesting statement considering that is how it began in Heaven also, and how it will also end.

4. mailmandan

mailmandan Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you a lawyer by profession?

5. Alofa Atu

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    No. The only income I have is from God's mercy, and in my wallet is my last few pieces of paper on hand which might buy in total a loaf of bread and a few other things. The only place I have is that which God sees fit to place me with others who are of the family of Christ Jesus, for I have no other place to go until Jesus returns. In other words I live in a place not my own, with a family who never knew me until almost a year ago. The only food I have is oftentimes once a day (sometimes not even that), and many times rice and some cabbage and tofu if available. The toilet is outdoors, and sometimes there is no "T.P.". There is no hot water, and only water from simple tap, and the place to wash, also outside, there is no running water inside. The walls and roof have holes, the doors are rotted, the mold everywhere, and the ants, mice, mosquitos, geckos, roaches, centipedes, spiders all make their home in the same place (at least the bats stay outside), and yes, they all bite, for I seem to now have a constant itch. :) There is no air conditioning, only slatted windows. I have no vehicle to travel, and that which the family has which I stay with, is now almost completely broken down, and even recently does not go in reverse to even back it up. The power is pay as you go, and that which is present, is again by God's mercy, and many times goes out, for the money which paid for what little we had, ran out, sometimes 2-3 times a month. Even the monitor by which I type to you is borrowed and not mine own. That which is sometimes available to me, is through hard labour, in mowing the vau, with a weedeater (city blocks worth), and I haven't received any pay for that in over a months time. I teach the scriptures to those who will listen, and when I see people in sorrow and sadness, share with them what God has done for me, in sparing me, and delivering me from so great a death.

Why do I tell you this? So that you might know, that I am nothing, and came from nothing (a person so vile, they ought not to have lived), but that Jesus, to me is everything. I live to magnify Him, His Kingdom and doctrine and truth. I have Jesus Christ, though I have nothing else in the world.

I thank God for the roof I do have, and the mattress on the floor that is still useable and the truth He has given to me when I asked Him.

You will only hear this once from me. Read it well, then.

6. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Dan,
    I understand your concerns but I have come to view it differently.
    We are not under mosaic ordinances.
    I view the day in a positive way.
    I get to worship.
    I get to serve God by doing nursing home visitation.
    I get to fellowship with other believers,study groups, hospitality.
    I do it as a son, not a hired servant.
    The one day in 7 was a creation ordinance.
    It with the other 9 commandments were part of the mosaic ot.laws, now the 10 commandments are part of the NT. Laws under Christ.

7. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You seem to have nothing but a computer and the internet, so you are not quite up to the level of those monastic folks who really gave up everything and went Into the desert for a life of poverty and deprivation for the Lord.

Perhaps it's time you take the final step and give up your electronics - now that would be an impressive action in today's world.

8. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

You didn't answer my question, but I'll answer yours: "Commandment(s)" means any command(s) of God's.

9. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What you teach is Scripture according that witch Mrs. White's private interps, which are mostly wrong. You don't teach what the Scriptures REALLY say. That's why we use MODERN-LANGUAGE Bible versions, to prevent confusion.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Alofa Atu

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I would like to thank all who replied to this thread. I will excuse myself from it. Alofa Atu.

11. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Gal. 3:24 Therefore the law was our tutor to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith. 25 But after faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor.

So we're not under the law, except Jesus' command to deal lovingly toward other people.

The Greek word here for "tutor, or schoolmaster in the KJV, is paidagogos, which was a trusted slave who was the complete boss over upper-class boys. He educated and disciplined these boys til they reached the age of manhood. Such boys couldn't even step outta their homes wothout their "master".

As for "schoolmaster" in the KJV, in the days when it was made, a schoolmaster had much-more authority over his students than teachers do today, especially if it was a boarding school. He was in essence same as a paidagogos in ancient Greece & Rome.[/I]

12. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    In an Appendex C of an edtion of the Kingdom of the Cults, ". . . Evangelical ministries to cults continue to hold differing opinions on whether or not Seventh-day Adventism is properly cultic or not. . . ."
    Please cite that individual Adventist material side by side with official Adventist material. You only need to do one example.

13. mailmandan

mailmandan Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    *You took this out of context. Keep reading... It is used in this passage not in the literal sense (meaning to keep a specific day, the "Sabbath" day) but to describe a period of rest for God’s people which is modeled after and is a fulfillment of the traditional Sabbath.

It's for reasons like this why I asked if you were a lawyer by profession.

14. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jesus made it plain that if one is trying to be saved by keeping the law, then one must keep every little jot & tittle of it; if one fails in one little point, one fails the whole thing.

Since time immemorial, Israel & many other nations begin their new day at sunset of the old one, not at midnight as much of the world does now. Israel observed the Sabbath in that manner.

And, while I believe Jesus was resurrected while it was still Saturday, no man knew it til Sunday AM, except, perhaps, for the tomb guards whom the angel frightened off.

And paul, writing under inspiration from the Holy Spirit, wrote in Gal.3:24 that Christians are no longer under the law. But we are under Jesus' commands, the main one being to deal kindly with our fellow men, in His name.

• Useful Useful x 1
  15. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I say a hearty AMEN to that!