Has evolution run its course

Discussion in 'Creation vs. Evolution' started by Hobie, Feb 7, 2020.

1. timtofly Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is not my evidence. You are the one looking for new species, and you can find out about them as easy as I can. It is not worth my time and effort, right now. If things settle down, I may get back to you. You will just have to be patient.

2. timtofly Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    1 and 2. You say so what, and then ask for proof. The proof is there is no time stamp. If there was a time stamp, "evening and morning were the 7th day, you would have your proof that I was wrong. My proof is that God did not call it a 24 hour day. In fact it is described as belonging to the Lord.

3 The water came up and no man had to till the ground. Genesis 2:5-6

5 And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the Lord God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground.
    6 But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground.

4 Then why are you lumping it in with chapter 1? Adam was a short lived Perfect Patriarch 30 years. The same time Jesus had to wait to start his earthly ministry. 30 years in the Garden, named the animals, God gave him Eve, and he had Cain and Abel.

5 And 6. You agree God had already formed them, but deny God His 1000 years before God gave Adam the task of naming them?

God created the sons of God on day 6, male and female, because that is what Genesis 1:27 says: "So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them." God is the heretic, not me.

There is only one proof, but it is of God, not me. This is Genesis 2:3 from the Complete Jewish Bible. If you do not think that God can inspire a modern day scribe, that is between you and God.

3 God blessed the seventh day and separated it as holy; because on that day God rested from all his work which he had created, so that it itself could produce.

I am not sure if any one can ask David Stern why he wrote that. I tried, but got no response from any one.

3. church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ha!ha! You cannot name one new species and you never will be able to before the end of the world. Darwin was just a tired old white racist and woman hater who had no idea what he was talking about.

4. 37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    @timtofly,
    You have not addressed the fact that man and woman was created on the sixth day before the seventh day. And that man was placed in the garden (Genesis 2:15) before woman was created. Proving the garden was created before the seventh day.

5. church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  6. Joined:
    Nov 4, 2019
    Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

Phillip;

You've resolved nothing with your post. I asked you to provide a Scriptural support for your ideas and instead you give me more unsupported speculation. You claim that the seventh day was not a 24 hour day because the text does not describe it with the phrase "the morning and the evening were", which does not prove that it wasn't a 24 hour day. And if it wasn't a 24 hour day because it was a day of the Lord then every Sabbath day would be equally undefined by it's length. The Hebrew "yom" occurs hundreds of times in the OT without reference to the morning and evening, and by your reasoning those days can't be 24 hour days.

Your unbiblical description of Adam makes it clear to me that you are not capable of a rational debate. Unless something changes I can't waste my time trying to reason with people who won't be reasonable. I wish you well.