1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Has This Murder Even Been Mentioned?

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Wingman68, Nov 30, 2018.

1. Wingman68

Wingman68 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Anyone that knows me knows that I am no fan of the pharmaceutical companies and your article echoed many of my sentiments as to why. That said, it wouldn't surprise me in the least to find out they were thugs out murdering people to protect their interest by methods besides just pedaling their drugs. But, I had to suspect the claims of Daniel Best beating himself to death had to be inflated or certainly this would be drawing more attention.

Therefore, I searched for other sources and first came across a Snopes analysis at the top of the search page that quickly called the claim "FALSE". Knowing Snopes' bias I looked for any offer of truth through their logic to support their conclusion. But, all they offered is some forensic autopsy pathology professor's clarification that "multiple blunt force trauma" can come about from things such as jumping off a building or jumping in front of car and therefore could be a suicide method. Other than that they admit the coroner's office has not given any further details beyond blunt force trauma so Snopes' outright claim of the suspicion of murder being FALSE simply was not logically supported.

So, on one hand you got conspiracy theorists going as far as saying he supposedly beat himself to death "with a baseball bat" - which is a fabrication and on the other hand a claim of the suspicion being FALSE when we don't even know what the blunt force trauma was or any other circumstances to go by.

I would agree, considering the players that this does not smell good. Some things I noted:

(-) There is no outcry from the family about foul play. - I wonder the reason if there is suspicion.

(+) The coroner's report seemed exceptionally brief and it has been 30 days and still no further details released. Why the secrecy?

The location? Outside the garage exit door? Did he live in a highrise building? This would explain the multiple blunt force injuries if he landed there after jumping. Otherwise it seems a very strange place to end his life.

Anyway, I'm undecided but can certainly understand the suspicion and think there needs to be answers here.

3. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    About 50 plus years ago an associate of a certain politician was found in a ditch dead.

He had been shot in the back and run over by a truck.

Yes you guessed it - a suicide.

4. Wingman68

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Antonin Scalia. Where was he staying? At a retreat owned by a major Dem supporter. Where was the coroner located who quickly determined natural causes over the phone. Over the phone for a SC Justice who served as a tipping point on the court. Why did his family refuse an autopsy? Was a hooker provided by the host involved? Did the family just want it over to protect their private pain, how he died & his legacy? Does this sound reasonable to you in handling the death of a Justice? Or does it smell like all the other unfortunate deaths? There is a list of about one hundred surrounding the Clintons alone. Well documented.

As far as the young family of this guy, if they feel threatened, they will not be making waves. Seth Rich’s family was not supportive of investigation either. There is no trust by the people that those investigating these matters are even on the side of justice anymore. Mueller debacle, case in point.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Covenanter

Covenanter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You lot are conspiracy theorists - spreading fake news. If the coroner says a guy bludgeoned himself to death with repeated blows, why should you doubt your trusted officials?

• Like Like x 1
  6. 777

777 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    yeah, but that's not what the coroner report said - they said this guy's death was due to "blunt force trauma", and they claimed he jumped from his balcony. I still don't see how they can knee-jerk it to suicide, there was no note, no history of suicidal tendencies - how do they know he wasn't pushed or just tripped?

7. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    (A) Or perhaps you are a blindly faithful sheeple of the left that has become a non-logical non-critical thinker for himself?

(B) Case in point: Are you serious with that argument which avoids the issue of the rationality of literally beating oneself to death while you resort to an appeal to authority fallacy followed by begging the question of “trust” after that absurdity you just presented of the cause of death? Because if you are serious you’re doing a mighty fine job of supporting my premise (A).

Just sayin...

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    True for some, although not for me. Such threats would set me off and if possible would be documented to use against them.
    I read several of his apparently close friends, who seemed to know the details, that didn't seem to be questioning the suicide.

Very true...

9. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have expected that a jump/push (a long fall) might be the cause but have been looking any info and have came across no further details. Where did you get the "fall" from the balcony info?

This is where I would have a lot of questions. Although, it's also where the family, who might have this info (history of suicidal tendencies), might want such personal things to be kept quiet and this would explain their seemingly acceptance of the cause of death.

10. 777

777 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, there are still people around that value privacy.

It was just a possible scenario, the coroner's office refuses to elaborate at all.

Well, the news said he lived in an apartment building that was a high rise but he didn't:

Daniel M Best, Bay Village, OH — Public Records

and that's the right Daniel Best because of the info in the obit:

View DANIEL BEST's Obituary on cleveland.com and share memories

he could've moved into an apartment last fall for personal reasons, and that could've led to depression. It's strange, gets stranger the more I dig.

11. Wingman68

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Seth Rich was shot by supposed robbers that took nothing from him. He had defensive wounds. At the hospital, a person on duty when he was brought in said Seth was not mortally wounded, & was absolutely expected to survive, but by his next shift, Seth was dead.

12. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    On that note, I watched this movie last night, ...probably shouldn't have ;) , and figured much of it was probably not all that far from the truth:

13. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ...pssst...Benjamin...I think Ian was joking...

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I wish I could remember the words my English Professor cheerfully used to describe my writings and arguments, because I felt she pegged me pretty well - but it had to with a having a very dry sense of humor while taking things to a higher level...