1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Have Any Spiritual Gifts Ever "Died Out"?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by awaken, Apr 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I give credit to the Scriptures, not your definition of the Holy Spirit. What you define as the Holy Spirit is no doubt another spirit as 1John 4:1-4 tells us to beware of. It is not of God, for as mentioned already, God does not bless the spirit of a "useless mind," which you tell me that you have.
    I stand on the Word of God, which I have correctly interpreted for you, and which you have just denied. You didn't refute it just now. You questioned it. I find that interesting, and sad at the same time.

2. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Where were these manifestations in the church before 1905 onward?

why didn't God speak to the reformers at least regarding this issue, wouldn't God want the church to be preaching the "full Gospel" as you espouse it?

Would you still want to say calvin/Luthor and the gang were either incompenent students of the bible and misse it, or the HS waoited another 500 years to try again?

3. Thomas Helwys

Thomas Helwys New Member

As usual, your show complete inability to comprehend my posts and scripture. You think you walk in light, but instead you walk in darkness and blindness. You are deceived.

#283 Thomas Helwys, Apr 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2013
  4. Thomas Helwys

Thomas Helwys New Member

All you have is to spew forth your "man-made theology" charge. It has been proven by scripture that it is YOU who is following man-made theology, a theology that was invented by fanatics and false teachers in 1900-1905. You are foolishly deceived.

5. Thomas Helwys

Thomas Helwys New Member

So very true. And something not from God brings forth rotten fruit, such as arrogance, willful blindness, spiritual divisiveness, destruction.

#285 Thomas Helwys, Apr 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2013
  6. Thomas Helwys

Thomas Helwys New Member

You are so right. God does not put anyone in a trance, and anything spoken by one in such a state is definitely NOT from God.

I have warned about the danger of Charismania. I have seen it in person.

7. awaken

awaken Active Member

Again! NO scripture to prove the gifts died out! Just personal attacks! Man-made theories! Incomplete history facts!

You want to prove Bible by history! But you do no have COMPLETE facts on the history of the manifestation of the HOly Spirit!

I started this thread for someone to show IN SCRIPTURE where the gifts died out! FAILED to do so, so you lower youself to personal attacks!

I will state as I did in earlier...
    If the gifts were to die out before the second coming...wouldn't you think there would be more than one word..from one verse...from one chapter...from the whole Bible declaring it. (Which that one word "perfect" is not the complete Bible)...

I have shown more scriptures proving the gifts will be here in context! Therefore I will take the greater weight of scriptures in the Bible to prove a doctrine!

8. Thomas Helwys

Thomas Helwys New Member

As I said numerous times, I am not a cessationist, but neither am I a Charismatic because they, and you, teach false doctrine. You have been provided a multitude of scripture and its interpretation in proper context that totally refutes your erroneous views which were invented by occult fanatics in 1900-1905. But continue to follow such, and one day you might wake up in a place you do not want to be. No, I am not talking about hell, unless it's a hell of your own making on this earth. I am telling you that you are dabbling in dangerous stuff. I have seen it totally destroy lives. Your "private prayer language" is not a language, and it is not of God.

9. awaken

awaken Active Member

This thread is about the gifts dying out! So state your belief concerning this with scriptural proof...

10. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    again, CERTAIN gifts ceased after the Apsotolic Age, such as Tongues, Miracles, healings, but NOT all of them!

Still nedd gifts to teach/preach/giving/excouragement/leadership etc!

11. awaken

awaken Active Member

So are you saying only tongues, miracles and healings passed away?

12. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    saying those gifts ceased, other gifts such as to teach/lead/give/encourage etc in place!

And God still at times heal and do miracle, just based upon His decision to intervene in response to prayers, NOT that people have been gifted to do them!

13. mactx

mactx New Member

How were the gifts given?
    Originally, to the apostles it was via direct touching by the Holy Spirit.
    After that ONLY by the laying on of the apostles hands.
    I do not see it recorded that in any other way were gifts given. So that leads me to conclude that yes the gifts have ceased.
    Do I think God still works miracles? yes. Not in the ... Katherine Kuhlman manner of flashy spectacles but quietly so that the believers can recognize them.
    He healed me of cancer. He used a doctor and surgery to do it, but His hand was in it just the same.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.