1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

have u thanked the Lord 4 ur smokin hot wife ?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by pinoybaptist, Jul 25, 2011.

1. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Why would a pastor want to mimic a sacriligiious prayer making fun of our Lord? Those who approve of this "prayer" need to watch the clip of the other "prayer" by Ricky Bobby in Taledega Nights and tell me it is still appropriate.

2. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Are you talking about the prayer to baby Jesus? I tried to watch that movie, but I had to stop when this prayer was offered at the dinner table. The Holy Spirit would not let me watch it any further.

3. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    have u thanked the Lord 4 ur smokin hot wife ?

No, I still don't have a wife, and I doubt if I would marry a smoker anyway.

4. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

That would be the one. I hadn't seen it either, but someone referenced a YouTube clip of it and I saw about 5 seconds and that was enough. No wonder the movie bombed.

5. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

Well, having read the entire thread, I see that it was some kind of promotion, or joke, or something of that nature.

That changes things...*BUT*...if some christian man wanted to interject that comment into a real prayer, I would have no problem with the comment at all.

6. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Yeah, thats the "prayer". I wonder why this pastor left off the rest of what he said about his wife if it was merely for show.

7. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Uh, I thought she was pretty.

And that's just mean to say about any woman, despite personal opinions. Seems out of character for you though...what's up? I'm hoping maybe you know them and were joking?

8. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

I'm suprised at the number of folks who see no problem with this preacher's so-called prayer and the use of our Lord's name in such a flippant manner. Where's the reverence? It is sad.

At best the prayer was not well thought out. Strong doubts this is not the case.

At worst it was either a joke or another advertisement for those companies involved in nascar. If so, he should be ashamed.

9. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

What exactally do you fine so terrible that a christian brother would want to thank God publically for his wife, whom he finds to be very beautiful?

10. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

Your quote of mine should answer that.

11. humblethinker

humblethinker Active Member

What I recall of that 'prayer' was that it was a making fun of people that were ignorant and worse. It was about how "I" like to think about Jesus. I see it as a total mockery and satire of bafoonish people bringing the sacred down to the common.

12. humblethinker

humblethinker Active Member

A "Modest" Proposal

Ha! You think Ricky Bobby's prayer was bad? Check this out! Things like this are what we really need to be upset about! I tried to read this to my wife but she was so offended that someone so articulate and respected would seriously consider such a terrible thing! She wouldn't even let me finish reading it to her. If you can't bring yourself to read it all, I understand. Knowing that this may even keep you from reading the essay at all, I'll risk giving you a quote that brings out the essence of the essay. Oh, how shameful!:

”I have been assured by a very knowing American of my acquaintance in London, that a young healthy child well nursed is at a year old a most delicious, nourishing, and wholesome food, whether stewed, roasted, baked, or boiled ...”

Here's a link to the essay. Again, this is something we should all be able to rally against... Surely no Christian would approve of such a thing!

13. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

How does that piece of satire remotely fit into this discussion? :confused:

14. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

A red herring, possibly?