1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Have You Ever Thought About This Concerning the Spirit and Demonic Influence?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by preacher4truth, Nov 1, 2011.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I Once Lived in a Haunted House...

....as freaky, insane as that may sound, it is the truth. We were just married, and rented this huge two story home from the city DA, who I knew through my work with law enforcement and counseling juveniles.

For more than a month, my wife would tell me about the strange noises she was hearing throughout the house, and of course, I told her it was an old house, and it was probably just settling in! That sounded pretty good to me.

My DA landlord and friend, old me that if we heard noises in the basement, not to worry because he had a crew of men building a one-bedroom apartment in the basement.

Well, after a month of my wife complaining about the strange sounds, I decided to check out the basement, and seeing that nothing had been done since the last time I checked it out (when we moved in a month earlier) I called Steve, and he verified that he did not have any contractors working there since we moved in.

After this little discovery, my wife started to share that she was "feeling" creeped out by the sounds of footsteps, and the feeling that someone was watching her while she bathed and dressed and undressed in the upstairs bedroom.

Well, we were just married a little over a month, and I was still staring at her and trying to "cop" a look once in the while, so I kind of ignored it, but her concerns grew, until one evening when I was in the kitchen pouring a Pepsi, I felt like she had come into the kitchen, and as I turned from the sink to acknowledge her, I had seen my first "ghost!"

It was a man, in a cowboy hat, and as quickly as I saw him standing there, he was gone.

That creeped me out. Alright, it scared me, just a little, but it scared me, nonetheless!

From that moment, I started to listen to her concerns, not sharing what I experienced in the kitchen, because I was expected to be the man of the house, and I certainly couldn't let her know what I saw, and that I was somewhat rattled.

It took me two weeks, and the stereo being turned on all hours of the night ( the stereo was downstairs) to finally admit to her that maybe, just maybe, there was something going on in the house (and there really wasn't a short in the on-off switch on the stereo).

From there we shared that it wasn't each other who continued to turn the radio in the bedroom from the local rock station to the local country station. She thought I was doing this, and I naturally thought she was doing this. After we started to share our experiences, we found out that the "ghost" was doing a lot of things that we were thinking and blaming each other for doing!

I placed a call to Steve, and asked him if anyone else, who lived there before us, had strange experiences, and he said we were the first to rent the home since the owner was robbed and murdered there three years earlier. As the DA, he bought the house when it went up for sale in the auction by the estate.

We went down to the newspaper and began investigating the murder and the guy. He bought and sold coins from his home, and he had been robbed, and brutally murdered him in his second-floor bedroom. The killers dragged his badly beaten, bloodied body up the stairs and left him to die in the bedroom.

After seeing a photo of the man, wearing his cowboy hat, we both turned to each other and shared that we had both seen that guy at different places throughout the house. We also compared notes on the thumping sound that would go from the bottom of the stairs to the top. This was something our Doberman would follow, as well as the sound of coins being jingled while we sat in the frontroom and watched television. Neither of us would acknowledge what we heard, until that moment of discovery at the newspaper office. It took a photo of the now dead man, to make us both see what was going on.

BTW - the man loved that country music station. My wife thought I liked the station, and I thought she liked the station, so we never said anything, as we were newlyweds, and getting used to each others quirks.

His spooky presence further explained why our dogs would lay in the doorway of the bedroom we used (not the one he died in) and growl all night.

The research of the murder and the photo brought to light a lot of things that we both tried to ignore for fear of being crazy! Right after the F-5 tornado blew through and leveled a third of our city in early June 1980 we packed up and moved.

The house was defintely haunted. I had no doubt of it, and we were both relieved to be out of there. At the time, my scaredar wasn't working, and neither of us were creeped out when we looked over the empty house. In fact, I didn't have any real feeling of being afraid until I saw him in my kitchen.

Moral of the story....make sure you know more about the house before you move in. Looking back, I can better understand why the rent was so reasonable. And I learned that if your wife tells you things that concern her, listen and don't just "blow her off!" You could just be living in a haunted house!!! :type:

#21 righteousdude2, Nov 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2011
  2. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Good topic. I have lived in Ireland for almost 17 years now. There is a constant sense of evil and darkness. Most believers here, especially those from the outside, understand this. There is a constant pressure which can often manifest itself in a certain kind of headache that we all understand. Knowing this land's history there is no wonder why - it has always been a land of great spiritual wickedness and supernatural evil.

Strange thing is, that it is extra easy to recognise another believer here. Somehow you just 'know.' This happened once with a Polish guy who spoke very broken English. He worked at a supermarket where my sons worked and we just met him on the aisle one day. We just knew he was a brother and after a broken conversation discovered that he was.

3. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

That's interesting C4K. I've not considered the spiritual history of Ireland other than knowing very little about Celtic Spirituality. It is good to run into another believer in dark circumstances and surroundings. I believe God does so to comfort us.

If you get time, enlighten us some on Irelands spiritual wickedness and dabblings with the supernatural.

4. seekingthetruth

seekingthetruth New Member

Believe it or not?

My family and I moved into our current home last April. After being here 3 weeks i was taking a nap on the couch (as every good Baptist does), and was was suddenly awakened. I looked across the room and there was a middle aged lady standing there. I thought my wife had company so I said "Hello", she just looked at me and started walking down the hallway. I got up and went upstairs and asked my wife who that was, and she said noone was here. Well, I thought I must have dreamed it, but when I went downstairs there she was again in my kitchen. She looked at me, then walked to the closed basement door and vanished.

A week later, I was cutting up chicken in the kitchen, when the freezer door opened with force and hit me in the back, I checked it for an explanation but found none. It opened twice more within 3 minutes each time hitting me hard in the back. It never opened by itself before that and it never has since.

A week later I was cleaning the kitchen and had left my dish towel on the counter by the sink. I was looking for it and said out loud to myself, "Where is my dish towel?", It was on the counter across the room, but it was in the center of the counter at least a foot from the edge. As soon as I said where is it I saw it and started for it. It flew up into the air and landed on the floor at my feet at least 6 feet away from the counter it was on.

Later, my wife and I were watching tv in the living room. It is the only room that doesnt have a second story over it. We started hearing someone pacing very loudly over our heads from one side of the room to another. We even heard the grinding of the feet on the shingles when they turned and spun to come back. This went on for 5 minutes or so. Finally I grabbed a flashlight and went outside. There was noone on my roof, and the pacing stopped as soon as I went outside.

Then, in early June, my son and I had returned from taking my wife to work at 10 pm and were getting into bed. We heard a very loud crash downstairs. i got up and started downstairs to investigate the noise. When I started down the stairs something struck me hard in the chest and knocked me on my back. I tried to get up but something unseen was holding my arm down. My arm was over my head and it was holding me under my arm between my elbow and underarm. It let go finally and I went downstairs to find nothing disturbed and no reason for the noise. My arm became solid black where I was grabbed, and two days later I was taking my shirt off in front of the bathroom mirror, and I saw 4 distinct finger impressions in the bruise. I took pictures of it and showed my pastor, and he came and prayed throughout my house for whatever it was to leave.

Finally, at the end of June I was awakened by something rushing up on me really quickly. I remember my dream and it wasn't a bad dream so I know the dream did not wake me up. Anyway I opened my eyes and there was a big dark brown mass standing over me with weird white lines on it. I looked at it for several seconds without moving when suddenly it started to bend over me. I jumped back and it fled the room. There was a lamp on just outside my bedroom door so I had no problem seeing this thing. The last i saw of it was the shadow of it in the lamplight coming through the door as it passed down the hallway.

A couple of days later I was on the computer and noticed a tiki statue on the shelf of the desk. It had been left by the former tenent here, and it was the exact same color as the mass i saw, and it had white lines outlining the facial features just like the mass.

I asked about the former tenent and found out that she was a wiccan and practiced satanic rituals and seances. I took the tiki statue, and all of the candle holders and everything else she left here and hauled them across town to the Walmart dumpster.

It has been almost 4 months since i got rid of her stuff and we have had no more problems.

I always believed in demons and spirits from the teachings of the Bible, but somehow I just didn't believe they interacted with us. Now I know better.

However, I in no way believe in dead human spirits. This was a demon/demons.

John

#24 seekingthetruth, Nov 6, 2011
  5. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

This happened to me twice. Each time I was lying in my bedroom at mom and dad's house. I was on my left side, when all of a sudden, I heard the rush of wind go passing by my right ear. It was like wind coming thru a tunnell, and I felt something pushing me like it was trying to shove me thru the mattress. I was not a christian at that time, but I asked God to help me, and it left. A period of time later, the same thing happened again. I was wide awake, and know it was not a dream. Mom has told me that she has heard doors slam a time or two, my sister told me she saw something years ago(mom and dad moved to this place in 1975), and oddly enough, it was in the same bedroom, where I had my two experiences.

But these are feelings, and feelings and "touchy feely" are killing the church. :rolleyes: :laugh::wavey::jesus:

6. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

That's some pretty creepy stuff brother. We've had something pretty evil happen to us in the past, a year or two after being saved. Unfortunately, our pastor wouldn't come over and pray, he prayed on the phone! Maybe he was scared, who knows, but I can say we were none too impressed with his failure there.

God is alive and well, and so our His minions, and they are still in operation here on planet Earth, with satan their leader.

7. seekingthetruth

As a matter of fact, when we found out the previous tenent was a wiccan, it was my pastor that told me to get rid of everything that she left because we don't what she may have used in her rituals and seances.

John

8. Winman

Winman Active Member

John, we had something very similar happen in our house back in the 90s, but I was hesitant to tell my story, as folks here probably already believe I am a nutcase. Our experience was very similar to yours over a five year period although we never actually saw a person like you did, but we did have things thrown in the house and my wife and oldest daughter felt this being touch them, in fact it tried to push my daughter down the stairs and she had to struggle to keep from falling. Perhaps after church I will tell the story.

These things will change your attitude about the supernatural won't they John?

#28 Winman, Nov 6, 2011
  9. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I don't know that I can do that in public forum when children might see it. It is pretty grotesque at times. I'll see what I can do.

10. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    IMHO Ghosts are Demons that Take on the Presence of the Dead!

Although there have been many, including myself, who have claimed seeing ghosts, the fact remains, are these sightings the actual spirit of the deceased, or a far more sinister evil, known as a "familiar spirit?"

IMHO, they are fallen angels (demons) that has taken on the very presence and all the past knowledge of the now-deceased person, in an attempt to fool the living, or, even scare or frighten the living.

It is quite interesting how these so-called psychics, mediums, and spiritualists can know so much about the person being sought by the living, and the Bible clearly tells us that fallen angels and demons, who know that information, are more than willing to be conjured up in order to bring about a false belief in their power to devolve things about the deceased in order to impress the "wits" out of the person who is seeking information from a medium on a deceased person.

So: Are there really ghosts? The Bible seems to support this fact in at least two place:

• 2 Corinthians 11:14 tells us that Satan and his angels are able to disguise themselves as helpful spirits.

• In Matthew 14:26 when Jesus is walking on the water the disciples are afraid because they think that he is a "ghost". If ghosts do not exist then how do they even know about them. Also, What are your thoughts on this statement by Jesus himself, who in Luke 24, verse 39, said "Touch me and make sure that I am not a ghost, because ghosts don't have bodies, as you see that I do!"

• Ghosts are now, and have always been, nothing more than familiar spirits, like we read in the story where Saul ordered his servants to, "Seek me a woman who hath a familiar spirit, that I may go to her, and enquire of her." And his servants said to him, "Behold, there is a woman who hath a familiar spirit at En-Dor"

Notes for 1 Samuel 28:7 define a a "familiar spirit" as being a: Communication with spirits is as old as history, but has been strictly forbid- by God (Deuteronomy 18:9-14).

These entities called (conjured up) by spirit mediums (a process called "channeling" in the New Age movement) are not the spirits of deceased human beings, as often claimed, but are evil spirits or demons, under the direction of Satan. When a spirit controls the body of a medium, essentially the body is demon possessed. Any "guidance" from such a source will inevitably be deceptive and dangerous, leading the one so deceived still further from the Lord.

• The story of Saul and the witch of En-dor (a great Scriptural example of familiar spirits) continues with the growing angry with Saul, when she observed Samuel. S cried out with a loud voice to Saul, "saying, Why hast thou deceived me? for thou art, Saul."

Notes for 28:12 "the woman saw Samuel" The "witch of En-dor" (I Samuel 28:7) undoubtedly expected to call up her own "familiar spirit" who could feign a message from Samuel. God, however, actually allowed Samuel’s own spirit to return to deliver one final message of condemnation to rebellious Saul. This is why the woman screamed out in shock and fear; her channeling had never before commu*nicated with the departed spirits of real humans.

It is so important that believers are cognizant of the facts surrounding ghosts and familiar spirits in order to rebuke, cast them aside, and put them down in Jesus's name, but in order to teach the unbelievers the truth about the things of the veil world that deceive them.

I often regret that when my wife and I encountered the spiritual activity in that Grand Island house. Had I been more knowledgeable about these things. I am quite sure we could have removed the activity and remained in that big beautiful home, at a ridiculously low rent.

I do not doubt what people tell me any longer, but I'm more capable of helping them know that I know what I once didn't know! :thumbs:

Shalom,

Pastor Paul :type:

11. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I CAn Only Imagine the Things You Have Experienced in Your Neck of the Woods

As I said, when I was talking about San Francisco, there must be some very interesting things that manifest themselves in Ireland do to the seductive presence of evil that hgoes back a thousand years or more.

12. seekingthetruth

Your post is right on the mark as far as I am concerned. As i said, I had never believed that the spirits physically interacted with us today, but now I know better.

It is my belief that the demons use 'familiar spirits" to distract us from the truth of the gospel. Lots of people turn to the occult after having an experience, and try to conjure up even more of them.

I say no thank you, leave me and my family alone. :jesus:

John