1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Have you heard the voice of God? Or, if He talks, what ways do you hear Him?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Nov 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "John Bunyan says that one Sunday when he was playing the game of tip-cat on Elstow Green, as he was about to strike the cat with the stick, he seemed to hear a voice saying to him, 'Will you leave your sins and go to Heaven, or will you keep your sins and go to Hell?' This morning the voice from Heaven sounds forth this question—Will you trust in Christ and go to Heaven, or will you keep apart from Him and go to Hell?—for there you must go unless Jesus becomes your Mediator and your atoning Sacrifice. Will you have Christ or not? I hear you say, 'But'—O that I could thrust your 'buts' aside! Will you have Christ or not? 'Oh, but'—No, your 'buts' ought to be thrown into limbo, for I fear they will be your ruin. Will you trust Christ or not? If your answer is, 'I trust Him with all my heart,' then you are saved! I say not you shall be saved, but you are saved! 'He that believes in Him has everlasting life.'" —Charles Spurgeon "Putting the Hand Upon the Head of the Sacrifice"

2. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "And He walks with me
    And He talks with me
    And He tells me I am His own
    And the joy we share as we tarry there
    None other has ever known"

Here is the story behind that song:
    C. Austin Miles (1868-1946) was a pharmacist turned hymn writer and church music director. He was also an amateur photographer. One day in March, 1912, while in his dark room waiting for film to develop, Miles had a profound spiritual experience in which he saw an incredible vision of Mary Magdalene visiting the empty tomb. He saw her leave the tomb and walk into a garden where she met the Master and heard Him speak her name.

When Miles came to himself his nerves were vibrating and his muscles tense; the words to a new song were filling his mind and heart. He quickly wrote out the lyrics to In The Garden and later that evening composed the musical score. The song was published that same year and became a theme song of the Billy Sunday evangelistic crusades.
    (taken from: Share the Faith)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread is closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.