1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

He ran towards the fire

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Squire Robertsson, Feb 21, 2018.

1. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That excuse isn’t going to carry a bit of water. Sorry. Especially now that we know he had backup on scene. It’s almost like the fact that being outgunned by suspects is a problem.

2. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I wasn't aware I was making an excuse nor carrying water. I was making a statement of fact. Had the teachers/staff had the option to be armed it is likely the assailant could have been stopped by someone already in the building, in the presence of the children.

Apology accepted.

Who also failed to advance on the suspect.

Law enforcement has changed a lot since I left the SO.

We used to put on the uniform, pin on the badge, strap on the sidearm, and go out on the streets with the goal of "protect and serve." We were willing to lay our lives on the line for the safety of the community at large.

That has changed in the 30 years since I left law enforcement. Today the primary goal is to "go home alive." The safety of the deputies was considered, by them, to be more important than the safety of the children, teachers, and staff. And if that is the case, the deputies needs to find a different line of work.

We used to be known as Peace Officers. Now they call themselves "Law Enforcement Officers." Keeping the peace no longer seems to be the primary purpose for them to be on the streets. Now it is revenue enhancement by being the armed stooges of the corrupt money hungry legislators.

3. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree with all of this.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Florida school officer defends his actions