1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hebrews 12:22-23

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Van, Oct 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Off topic post addressing the poster and not the position. Just more smoke screen to hide the fact names have been written in the Lamb's book of life, including mine I believe, since the foundation of the world.

2. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, excuse me....I'm just trying to understand your theology.

I'm not hiding the fact that names were written since the foundation of the world. I agree with you. I'm trying to find out when you think they are written in there.

You've made a gigantic issue out of no one's name was put in the Lamb's book of Life before the foundation of the world. (You've probably posted this over 100 times on Baptist Board in the past year.)

OK, let's assume that is true. The ESV translation of Rev. 13:8 is wrong and no one's name was put in the Lamb's book of Life before the foundation of the world.

So when are people's names put into the Lamb's book of Life? Your answer: "since before the foundation of the world and before the end of the age."

OK, let's assume that is true. But what about people that are not yet born--are their names written in the Lamb's book of Life right now?

3. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, you consistently present my view erroneously.

Was my actual answer presented? Nope, Here is my actual answer. Since the foundation of the world to the end of the age, when a person is placed in Christ.'

Note the errors in your presentation:
    1) You inserted "before" to muddy the waters
    2) You left out "when a person is placed in Christ,"
    3) You changed to the end of the age to "before the end of the age."

So you ask a question which is answered by my actual answer, people are not written in the Lamb's book of life until they are placed in Christ.

Folks, those that hold to names being entered before creation are just throwing up a smoke screen, using the ploy of running up number of pages .

4. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, I see that now. My mistake and I apologize.

Well, not much happening in the arena of people getting put "in Christ" AFTER the end of the age, is there?

Are people not yet born in the Lamb's book of Life?

I don't hold to that.

5. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When are names written the Lamb's book of life?
    During the period since the foundation of the world to the end of the age, when a person is placed in Christ.

When are people placed in Christ? When God puts them in Christ? How does God put them in Christ?
    When He spiritually baptizes the into Christ.
    When He transfers them from the realm of darkness into the kingdom of His Son.
    When He sets them apart in Christ through the sanctification by the Spirit.
    All of the above!!!

#105 Van, Oct 9, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
  6. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

7. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Note the effort at deflection, asking questions but not taking a position like God does or does not put unbelievers in Christ.

It is just a smoke screen:

During the period since the foundation of the world to the end of the age, when a person is placed in Christ.

When are people placed in Christ? When God puts them in Christ? How does God put them in Christ?
    When He spiritually baptizes them into Christ.
    All of the above!!!

#107 Van, Oct 9, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
  8. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

9. Reformed1689

Reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    At the lastest, it means since the foundation of the world. Meaning, when the foundation of the world was laid, that's when it happened. It does not mean ongoing.

10. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    Based on what?

11. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Based on
    Not a single Scripture aligns being “placed in Christ” with a name being written down as Van would schemed.

Don’t forget, Van contends that the innate faith of the fallen can actually get God’s attention, and upon some unknown criteria of God should that human generated faith be found worthy aperson then is transferred “into Christ.”

Because the view he clings to is desperately flawed, he then must ignore any presentation that would assign the view as error.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good point

13. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yet another harassment post, asking a question that has been answered again and again.

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yet another revelation of an unstudied view. When did Jesus say the prophets blood had been spilled. Luke 11:50.

Just another denial of the obvious, folks, a smokescreen to hide this truth:

When He spiritually baptizes them into Christ.
    All of the above!!!

15. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I see another falsehood has been posted, that I believe in "innate faith." This is an Adam Schiff like fabrication. But my posts are in the record. No quote will be forthcoming. They make up falsehoods as fast as they can to create a smoke screed.

16. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Lets go over the OP passage again:

22 But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to myriads of angels, 23 to the general assembly and church of the firstborn who are enrolled in heaven, and to God, the Judge of all, and to the spirits of the righteous made perfect,

1) Where are we? In the heavenly Jerusalem, where the church of the first born is located made up of the "spirits of the righteous made perfect."

2) What is the status of those spirits? They have been made perfect, thus put in Christ, regenerated, and born anew. These spirits have been enrolled in heaven. Thus they were not enrolled before they were made perfect, before being born anew, before being put in Christ, as part of the bride and body of Christ. OTOH, they have been made alive together with Christ, and therefore belong in the Lamb's book of life.

3) Some claim the spirits might have been enrolled before they became members of the church of the firstborn. But that is an absurd and unnatural interpretation. When people are enrolled in something, they are members of that something, a group, church or whatever.

4) Why have so many objected to this mainstream view of the passage? Either they want to claim the OT book of the living (Psalms 69:28) is the Lamb's book of life (Revelation 3:5, 21:27). or they want to claim names were written in the Lamb's book of life before the foundation of the world, specifically precluded by Revelation 13:8 and 17:8.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Those enrolled had been made perfect, thus since the foundation of the world, after they had been placed in Christ.

There are zero verses which say names are written in the Lamb's book of life before the foundation of the world.

18. Alan Gross

Alan Gross Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    May I sincerely apologize to the redundancy-challenged and/ or redundancy-concerned elements of the Board, if I was responsible in any way for influencing 'Adam Schiff' being added to 'tainted' and 'twaddle', etc., as Hyper-Bible Wizardry of Smart.

brother...

19. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Lord knows the posters who post twaddle, fabrications, ad hominems, and absurdity.

20. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well that understanding is void of the understanding names are in the book prior to being born again, Mark 10:14-15; John 3:3-4; 1 John 5:4; Revelation 3:5. I cannot help you to see what is contrary to you presuppositions, what ever ways they are different than mine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.