1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hello from Down Under

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Jem Simmo, Dec 2, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Jem Simmo

Jem Simmo New Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hello,

I’m Jeremy. I’m from QLD Australia.

There is a lot of topics on here’s here I would Ben very keen in asking questions.

I’ve finally got a handle on my theological perspective so I would be interested in talking with those who are like minded and see what they think. I have no problem with anyone who disagree.

First and foremost I like to look at the scriptures through the lens of the scriptures. I don’t like using any lens other than the Bible. I have a problem when people start using a type of theology for interpretation rather then allowing the scripture study to reveal themselves and the illumination of the Holy Spirit.

I look forward to contributing to these boards.

Yours in the body
    Jeremy

• Like Like x 4
  2. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jeremy, welcome to the Baptist Board. We look forward to your contributions. I hope you find it a blessing.

Sometime, when you have time, tell us about the Baptists from down under.

3. Jem Simmo

Jem Simmo New Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don’t think there is much difference. Burn I can tell you that the Baptist church is made up of Baptist Unions in each state and territory. It is the largest denomination in Australia. I don’t know if there is much else to tell you? Do you have anything specific you wouldn’t like to know?

4. rlvaughn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just mainly wondering how many different groups of Baptists there are in Australia. Is the Baptist Union of Australia affiliated with the Baptist Union of Great Britain?

5. Jem Simmo

Jem Simmo New Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here are my major theological stands

I start with Salvation.

I begin with recognizing that you are a sinner that you have no ability to get to Heaven other than It is only by Grace through faith in the saving work of JESUS Christ’s death, resurrection and ascension. Jesus Christ alone can save you from your sin and make you a new creation. That you confess with your mouth and believe by faith in your heart that He is Lord you will Be saved. You can do nothing to save yourself.

1) God is one in three persons, God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. God is Omnipotent, Omnipresent Forever Eternal. He is the creator of heaven and earth, he is sovereign but he has given us the free will.
    2)The Bible is the inerrant and inspired truth. There is no compromise. I hold to the litera interpretation and anything in regard to the poetic stuff or the prophetic need to be interpreted with the scripture and through the Holy Spirit. It isn’t useful for Teaching, Correcting, rebuking and training in righteousness as Paul says in timothy.
    3) 7 Day Creationism is both True, Biblical and scientifically viable. God is able to do everything that’s his word says.
    4) Israelology, I am a dispensationalist. There is a separation of the People of Israel and the Church. God isn’t done with his people, he still has a plan for them.
    5) Soteriology, I am a Southern Baptist Traditionalist or a Provisionist. Neither popular systematics are truly biblical. Traditionalism holds the Sovereignty of God and Man’s Free Choice in beautiful Tension.
    6) Prayer is not just about bringing your requests to God. It isn’t used for Spiritual Warfare, Healing, Communicating with God and growing your relationship with God.
    7) Baptism is an outward symbol of your utter surrender and confession that you need a Lord and Saviour in the person of Jesus Christ.
    8) Communion is the outward symbol that Jesus prescribed at the last supper. It is fineness in remembrance of the sacrifice of Jesus in the Cross.
    9) Gift of the spirit are given to the individual, some should be used in private prayer and relationship with God. The others are useful to help guide and direct the believers in the body of Christ.
    10) I am a Pre-Tribulation Pre-Milliennialist. I believe that we will be taken in the rapture before the tribulation. I believe that Jesus will return and rule a millennial kingdom, I believe that the final battle will take place and then the New Heavens & New Earth.

If I haven’t made a statement on a doctrine I have either not got an opinion on it or have yet to work through it. But more than happy to have a convo about it.

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  6. Jem Simmo

Jem Simmo New Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is two that I know of, those in the Baptist Union and those who are Independent. No there isn’t any affiliation we are our own entity.

7. rlvaughn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for sharing.

Regarding the above comment, by this are you just comparing your view to the Southern Baptist Traditionalist view, or do you also mean that you and your church are connected with the Southern Baptist Convention? Thanks.

8. Dave G

Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Welcome to the board, sir.
    Amen!:)

9. HatedByAll

HatedByAll Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wecome to the forum!
    This statement is confusing. Just to clarify, is "isn't" above in bold the correct word? Is it possibly a typo?

10. Jem Simmo

Jem Simmo New Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry, I actually meant Arminianism and Calvinism as the two major soteriological positions. I believe Traditionalism is biblically firm as opposed to the other two positions.

Neither the church that I attend nor I am in anyway connected to the Southern Baptist Convention.

This is my soteriolgical position alone. This is what I believe to be true and biblically sound.

11. Jem Simmo

Jem Simmo New Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is a typo. I apologize. The word Ian meant to Be “is”

Thanks for picking that up :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Jem Simmo

Jem Simmo New Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am having trouble with my phone on this site so I apologize for the typos that turn up.

13. rlvaughn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for the clarification. Appreciate it.

14. rlvaughn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Seems to be a common problem. I, on the other hand, can't blame my phone. I'm just getting to where I can't type well. Confused Old age, perhaps. Fortunately, I catch some of them before the time to edit runs out.

15. Jem Simmo

Jem Simmo New Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hi all,

out of curiosity, if I was wanting to add a forum regarding Preachers that teach things that I hold to and I want advise where would I post it? I also want to be able to have people point me in the direction of podcasts or youtube videos???

Thanks

16. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    A yes and a no. The no, is that both are of the future bride of Christ, Revelation 21:12-14.

17. Jem Simmo

Jem Simmo New Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't remember how. But someone was discussing that Israel is God's and the Body of Christ is for Jesus. I have no context for that. Nor anything to establish this biblically but...??? Am I wrong Confused

18. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    What is Christ's is God's, Acts of the Apostles 20:21.